Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15 yard penalty for hitting the holder?
How many times in history has this penalty been called? this made me LOL.
PC_You_Know Wrote:How many times in history has this penalty been called? this made me LOL.

This penalty is like holding, the refs. can call it any time they want bacause it happens all the time, they just dont because it moslty only happens during an extra point..
phoeniXX Wrote:This penalty is like holding, the refs. can call it any time they want bacause it happens all the time, they just dont because it moslty only happens during an extra point..

From what I saw in the game, the player stumbled and couldn't stop himself from hitting the holder, it didn't look very intentional at all.
I think this is a stupid rule...The kicker I can possibly understand but this is just stupid. Especially since the player was falling and couldn't help it...I mean does this rule make it seem like the defense shouldn't try to block field goals.

What about QB's and the Center. I mean after the QB throws is the ref going to throw the flag if a lineman tackles the center?

Just stupid.
Some rules in football make no sense, football is a "collision" sport, but most of the time it is made to look like a game for pansies with all of the penalties.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Some rules in football make no sense, football is a "collision" sport, but most of the time it is made to look like a game for pansies with all of the penalties.
Just like the roughing the passer call against the Cardinals it was as soon as he threw the ball..I mean they've made football like basketball in terms of contact.
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:Just like the roughing the passer call against the Cardinals it was as soon as he threw the ball..I mean they've made football like basketball in terms of contact.

Yes, I didn't much approve of that call either, I'm here at the dorms as I heard a big uproar as soon as that call was made.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Yes, I didn't much approve of that call either, I'm here at the dorms as I heard a big uproar as soon as that call was made.

Guys, it's the pittsburgh stealers, you know to beat them you also must beat the officials.
:Sad04: :Sad04: :Sad04: :Sad04:
slugger35 Wrote:Guys, it's the pittsburgh stealers, you know to beat them you also must beat the officials.
I've been watching football games for a while now and I've never seen this penalty before.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote::Sad04: :Sad04: :Sad04: :Sad04:

Your team barely makes it into the playoffs every year, they don't come in with a bye and win the super bowl, they get help from the refs every time they have won the super bowl.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Your team barely makes it into the playoffs every year, they don't come in with a bye and win the super bowl, they get help from the refs every time they have won the super bowl.

They definitely got help on this one, that's for sure.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Your team barely makes it into the playoffs every year, they don't come in with a bye and win the super bowl, they get help from the refs every time they have won the super bowl.
Actually they did have a bye and....oh yes THEY WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!!! Cry me a river!!!!
slugger35 Wrote:Guys, it's the pittsburgh stealers, you know to beat them you also must beat the officials.

Guys, this cat here can't even spell steelers, so it shows how much he knows. Give credit where credit is due, The Steelers won the game and was the better team. Did the refs throw or catch the game winning pass?? NO!! So stop crying about everything and making all these excuses. Wink
I dont think I have ever seen this call before while watching or playing football.
had never seen anything like this before until now.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Guys, this cat here can't even spell steelers, so it shows how much he knows. Give credit where credit is due, The Steelers won the game and was the better team. Did the refs throw or catch the game winning pass?? NO!! So stop crying about everything and making all these excuses. Wink

They made them 10 yards closer on a defensive holding call, though!