Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ole Miss 85 Kentucky 80
To me there were two things evident in this game:
1. Despite the fact that Liggins is more talented (which i think we all agree on) the Cats are a better team when Porter is running the point. Yes Liggins makes some great plays at times, but the TEAM is better when Porter is in the game...imo
2. Perry Stevenson has got to get stronger. Against teams that aren't as physical as others, he can have a double double any night but when teams push him around he becomes non-existent. Despite the one time he went for the dunk in the first half, and the put back he got in the second half i didn't even know he was in the game.

Hopefully the team will get back on track in the next game, and i still think we will win the SEC and get a good seed come March! Go Cats!
You can't win em all. It sucks to lose, especially when you're supposed to win, but it happens. You suck it up, and concentrate on the next game, and how you fix it. All of those saying that Billy Clyde isn't the right guy for the job are probably the same ones saying how great he is after the Tennessee game. He's our coach, we need to support him. He'll be fine, and the Wildcats will too.
Brittany0121 Wrote:You can't win em all. It sucks to lose, especially when you're supposed to win, but it happens. You suck it up, and concentrate on the next game, and how you fix it. All of those saying that Billy Clyde isn't the right guy for the job are probably the same ones saying how great he is after the Tennessee game. He's our coach, we need to support him. He'll be fine, and the Wildcats will too.

That's exactly right.

Can't win them all Cats!!!
I am convinced that this team plays however well that Perry Stevenson plays.

This was Stevenson's worst game of the year and it translated to a loss. Stevenson will never be a major scorer, but UK needs him to get 10-12 points, 8-10 rebs, and 2-3 blocked shots a game every night. Additionally, Stevenson got dominated by his man on the boards all night, and missed several easy shots.

If you look at Stevenson's stat lien it isn't all that bad: 7 pts, 7 rebounds, 2 assists. But that doesn't show how bad he got whipped physically, how many times he was nowhere to be found defensively, and how many points his man had (Malclm White scored a career high 20 points).

We all know Meeks and Patterson are the fiber of this team, but without consistency from Stevenson this is what you get from UK.
For one thing, I have never praised billy g on his coaching because he isnt a good coach. Secondly, any loss that u have is a bad loss especially to a team that has 3 starters out and they still beat ya. Any fan or anyone in particular that thinks its ok to lose to teams like that and like uk did last night are just crazy. Oh and memphis isnt the only team to ever run the table in conference play, uk did it not too long ago. But that was with a coach that knew what he was doing.
It's never okay to lose, but it happens.
I thought Darius played up to his level last night. Jodie Meeks is no secret now, so UK needs to find ways to get him the ball or use him to open other people up.
Ky will always get the other teams best game. Billy G is a good coach but they run off a good coach in Tubby. Maybe he was giving Liggens and Miller some experince that was very much deserved. Instead of the closing games that are already in hand.
Liggins was 3-16 from the field. There is not way that anyone can explain to me why he felt the need to take 16 shots. Foul trouble or not. Athletic gaurds or not. Porter needs to be running the team.
FBALL Wrote:Liggins was 3-16 from the field. There is not way that anyone can explain to me why he felt the need to take 16 shots. Foul trouble or not. Athletic gaurds or not. Porter needs to be running the team.

I don't know. But I thought it was funny when he thought was going to do things his way, and takes off heading for the basket, and the Ole Miss player sent that ball about 8 rows up.. Then Billy G sittin there looking at him like, " now see, thats what your way gets you".
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am convinced that this team plays however well that Perry Stevenson plays.

This was Stevenson's worst game of the year and it translated to a loss. Stevenson will never be a major scorer, but UK needs him to get 10-12 points, 8-10 rebs, and 2-3 blocked shots a game every night. Additionally, Stevenson got dominated by his man on the boards all night, and missed several easy shots.

If you look at Stevenson's stat lien it isn't all that bad: 7 pts, 7 rebounds, 2 assists. But that doesn't show how bad he got whipped physically, how many times he was nowhere to be found defensively, and how many points his man had (Malclm White scored a career high 20 points).

We all know Meeks and Patterson are the fiber of this team, but without consistency from Stevenson this is what you get from UK.

I think we play depending on Meeks. Meeks gets shutdown, we don't know what to do. We go into mental shutdown, and the ball stays with the other 3 players besides Patterson & Meeks.
mrfootball03 Wrote:I think we play depending on Meeks. Meeks gets shutdown, we don't know what to do. We go into mental shutdown, and the ball stays with the other 3 players besides Patterson & Meeks.

I was about ready to say this.
FBALL Wrote:Liggins was 3-16 from the field. There is not way that anyone can explain to me why he felt the need to take 16 shots. Foul trouble or not. Athletic gaurds or not. Porter needs to be running the team.

I agree with you 100%.
Ole Miss played very good defense on Meeks the first half. But after watching the game a couple of times in the second half meeks shut himself out. Yes they should have looked to get him the ball more, but he wasnt moving at all, he wouldn't run the baseline like normal and try to get open off of screens. He was satisfied with standing on the wing and watching the game.
For all the Porter haters out there...this is what happens when Porter is not running the team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ky wildcats Wrote:Ky will always get the other teams best game. Billy G is a good coach but they run off a good coach in Tubby. Maybe he was giving Liggens and Miller some experince that was very much deserved. Instead of the closing games that are already in hand.

Tubby is gone, so its time now to look to the future. We went from a good coach in Tubby to a great coach with BCG. We was just outplayed in this game, it happens to the best of teams. We will be ready when March rolls around.
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:Tubby is gone, so its time now to look to the future. We went from a good coach in Tubby to a great coach with BCG. We was just outplayed in this game, it happens to the best of teams. We will be ready when March rolls around.

i didnt say i wanted tubby back ky will be ky no matter who is coaching this team... yes they will be there come march..
ComfortEagle Wrote:For all the Porter haters out there...this is what happens when Porter is not running the team.

Far from it....This is what happens when Meeks struggles and has an off night. Porter is not the answer, just the lesser of two evils as of now!
ComfortEagle Wrote:For all the Porter haters out there...this is what happens when Porter is not running the team.

It's a really sad time for Kentucky basketball when you make a statement like that!!Porter is not KY BB he's more like Alice Lloyd College BB.
We just wasn't in the game but we better be ready for South Carolina tomorrow because they have been quite impressive.