Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region
what do you all think about 14th region cheerleading this year?
I can't wait for it!
Does anyone know where I can go and print off a copy of the competition order for tomorrow 14 Region in Breathitt??? Thanks
CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS OF THE 14th REGION TODAY =]

Small - Perry Central
Medium - Estill County
Large - Hazard
Super Large - Breathitt County
Traditional - Powell County
Small Coed - Letcher Central
and Jenkins won their division -- Im thinking large coed? ...

and a big THANK YOU to Breathitt County for being such good hosts!
I was at the 14th region competition. I thought Powell Co. routine was great. Also I thought Jackson City should have beaten Estill.
Also, I thought Jenkins did a great job. I really liked the all boy basket toss. It was so cool! Owsley County had a boy that was great tumbler. They should have beaten Wolfe for runner up hands down. Its been awhile since they've competed . I was glad to see them back. I like their routine it was really cute, especially the dance.
I was at the 14th Region competition today also. I thought all teams performed well. Estiil County was by far the team of the day. They will represent the 14th region well at state not only on the floor but off. Good sportsmanship is as important as performance and Estill county showed that today! PCC was also outstanding today I look for them to finish high in the state competition..Good Luck to all the winners at state.
I have a question for cheerbeauty........why do you think Jackson City should have beat Estill? Do you think that there routine was more difficult or that they were sharper? Just wondering what you saw that the judges didn't see. I was told that Estill had the highest score of the day with Hazard finishing second.
yeah really what in the heck did you see in jackson city. Estill is freaking awesome. I meet a bunch of new people yesterday just because hack told us to greet people and i was glad i did meet new people. I cheer for Breathitt and i think we personal suck.
I think in order to have the highest score you should be perfect and Estill wasn't. I have seen them perform for years and that was not the best of their ability. They could have done much better and they are an awesome squad. However, they did not perform to their fullest potential. One of their tumbler fell coming at the end of their tumbling pass and other little things that should have kept them from winning. It wasn't their best performance. They have had better routines in the past too. I do love their uniforms. I think Powell Co. should have had the highest score. They were fantastic. I loved their routine. It was really cute. I wish they I would get different socks because those are just ugly and out of style. I agree Hazard should have come in 2nd. They held one of their signs upside down. Other than that they were great but they are always great. PCC are great too. Perry co has good cheerleaders. As far as good sportsmanship is concerned it is important, but it has nothing to do with performance on the floor. I thought all the teams showed good sportsmanship.
I have a question what's with wolfe co. They have limited ability and are sloppy, but they always take home runner up. They spend as much time falling as they do trying to put up a simple stunt.and looking sloppy For example, last year they competed in the small division and fell on a forward roll and beat lee co. for runner up. Lee co. should have beaten them for the runner up position. Last year and this year pcc won first and should have. They are a super squad. This year wolfe competed in small co-ed and came in 2nd. I agree letcher should have won first in region. But owlsey should have beaten wolfe and won runner up. wolfe fell on 3 stunts, they didn't even get one up and they were just sloppy and their routine was boring. owsley had great expression, were sharper, harder stunts and fell out of only 1 stunt, and I liked their routine it was really cute. Actually,I liked it better than letcher. Owlsey had a lot of attitude in their routine, but letcher had harder stunts and more difficult tumbling passes. They deserve first place. Wolfe shouldn't have placed 2nd last year or this year. I did like breathitt's routine I thought they were solid and had pretty stunts. I think they represented themselves well. As far as meeting and greeting people I dont' know anything about that. I'm just a spectator who loves the sport and like to voice my opinion; which everyone is entitled too. Also, I think our region will be well represented on the floor and with good sportsmanship. Good Luck to all the winners, you did a great job!
cheerbeauty Wrote:I think in order to have the highest score you should be perfect and Estill wasn't. I have seen them perform for years and that was not the best of their ability. They could have done much better and they are an awesome squad. However, they did not perform to their fullest potential. One of their tumbler fell coming at the end of their tumbling pass and other little things that should have kept them from winning. It wasn't their best performance. They have had better routines in the past too. I do love their uniforms. I think Powell Co. should have had the highest score. They were fantastic. I loved their routine. It was really cute. I wish they I would get different socks because those are just ugly and out of style. I agree Hazard should have come in 2nd. They held one of their signs upside down. Other than that they were great but they are always great. PCC are great too. Perry co has good cheerleaders. As far as good sportsmanship is concerned it is important, but it has nothing to do with performance on the floor. I thought all the teams showed good sportsmanship.

LOL
cheerforblue Wrote:I have a question for cheerbeauty........why do you think Jackson City should have beat Estill? Do you think that there routine was more difficult or that they were sharper? Just wondering what you saw that the judges didn't see. I was told that Estill had the highest score of the day with Hazard finishing second.

I also want to know what she saw in Jackson City...don't get me wrong, JCHS did a VERY good job, but just curious.......
cheerbeauty Wrote:I was at the 14th region competition. I thought Powell Co. routine was great. Also I thought Jackson City should have beaten Estill.

KCC actually had a higher score than Powell, but I think they had some deductions, and that's the reason Powell won...now...before I get BLASTED by POCO people, POCO did a good job. It was evident that they wanted JCHS to beat Estill though, but hey...that's why they call it a competition, right?
cheerbeauty Wrote:I think in order to have the highest score you should be perfect and Estill wasn't. I have seen them perform for years and that was not the best of their ability. They could have done much better and they are an awesome squad. However, they did not perform to their fullest potential. One of their tumbler fell coming at the end of their tumbling pass and other little things that should have kept them from winning. It wasn't their best performance. They have had better routines in the past too. I do love their uniforms. I think Powell Co. should have had the highest score. They were fantastic. I loved their routine. It was really cute. I wish they I would get different socks because those are just ugly and out of style. I agree Hazard should have come in 2nd. They held one of their signs upside down. Other than that they were great but they are always great. PCC are great too. Perry co has good cheerleaders. As far as good sportsmanship is concerned it is important, but it has nothing to do with performance on the floor. I thought all the teams showed good sportsmanship.

I did not say that Estill had a perfect score I just said they had the HIGH score for the day. Heaven knows noboody is perfect...even though some squads think they are!! lol:ChairHit:
I do believe Estill did have the highest score of the day because they out scored Hazard by 10.

Powell couldnt have got highest score of the day because they are in the Traditional division, they are scored differently than 2 1/2 minute...(just thought I'd letcha know) However, Powell's routine was very good this year. The cheer was more difficult, way to step it up from last year. The dance was SO FREAKIN CUTE! Loved the theme!!! Especially the heart thingy, lol. I expect you all to place at State this year!

I also agree with CKNS, we were told to meet others too and Breathitt's girls are outstanding, and I thought your guys' routine was very good with TONS of difficulty (:

The girl who fell out of her tumbling pass landed first and then went back. That only shows that she is a powerful tumbler, nothing wrong with that. EC did have a bobble in one of their stunts but she locked out her knee and it was fine, at least she stayed up unlike JC. I agree with that poco girl tho, EC has done better in the past but we had a girl fracture her wrist 2 weeks before competition and a girl sprain her ankle (but she was competing), so yes...we had to water things down a bit. However this year's team, overall, is the most talented we've had. We have full squad tumbling and Estill hasnt had that in a LONG time. Anywhoo, obviously the judges liked what the Engineers brought to the table.....See ya at state.
Thanks loves2 cheer. lol. Um Poco Beat kcc by 17 points. I cheer for powell co. And i seen the score sheets. And I thought kcc was a very good team. But powell co did do really good. Estill Looked really good to. they were clean, and jchs did good (: Lol. well i thought everyone did really good. 14th region looks pretty awesome this year! dontcha agree?
I think everyone did a great job. I was there as well, but Knott did have higher pom scores than poco. Although poco did do a good job, things would have been different because 5 minutes before Knott took the floor, they had to change their mounts because they were "illegal" although there were other teams that had "illegal" stunts and got to do them. Also, one of their girls had to have emergency surgery as soon as Knott got done with their pom routine. She was a flyer as well. But I'm proud of everyone and good luck to all at state!
cheerdad Wrote:KCC actually had a higher score than Powell, but I think they had some deductions, and that's the reason Powell won...now...before I get BLASTED by POCO people, POCO did a good job. It was evident that they wanted JCHS to beat Estill though, but hey...that's why they call it a competition, right?

No disrespect cheerdad, but it would be unbelievably hard to have 17 POINTS worth of deductions on the KAPOS scoresheet!! This would definitely mean you have a coach who doesn't know how to coach, and I'm sure that's not the case. Some of the major deductions they had would have been the 2 falls, and minor bobbles. They had NO illegal stunts. KCC did do a good job, but it was sloppy. They did have a cute routine and some difficulty, but when it is performed sloppy, it reflects on the scores. Their appearance was a personal turn-off with the cut-out shoulder.
I was only at this competition as a specator, but I have been judging KAPOS for 18 years, and Powell was definitely the team of the day, in my opinion even above the 2 1/2 minutes. Their routine was executed wonderfully. They had great choreography also. I must say also, that they had good sportsmanship for EVERY team, not just because they wanted JIHS to win over Estill. I watched them cheer on every team that hit the floor.
Estill had a very clean routine also, but they just didn't "pop" like they have in the past....Their pike baskets were beautiful. I did feel JIHS had a routine with much better and more interesting choreography but needed to clean & sharpen up a lot. Their tumbling skills and baskets were great. I feel that Estill's win over JIHS was just in the execution department, but not on choreography.
I love cheerleading and have been a part of the KAPOS world for many years. I have no preference over any team. These are just my opinions based on what I saw last Sunday.
I thought every team did a great job just coming to compete. This takes a lot of hard work and effort. I would like to see fewer divisions and more competition. I do think it has become a pathetic excuse for some coaches to throw routines together and put their teams in empty divisions just so they can go to state. Just my thoughts. Great job EVERYONE!! You will represent 14th region well at State.
cheer4ever Wrote:No disrespect cheerdad, but it would be unbelievably hard to have 17 POINTS worth of deductions on the KAPOS scoresheet!! This would definitely mean you have a coach who doesn't know how to coach, and I'm sure that's not the case. Some of the major deductions they had would have been the 2 falls, and minor bobbles. They had NO illegal stunts. KCC did do a good job, but it was sloppy. They did have a cute routine and some difficulty, but when it is performed sloppy, it reflects on the scores. Their appearance was a personal turn-off with the cut-out shoulder.
I was only at this competition as a specator, but I have been judging KAPOS for 18 years, and Powell was definitely the team of the day, in my opinion even above the 2 1/2 minutes. Their routine was executed wonderfully. They had great choreography also. I must say also, that they had good sportsmanship for EVERY team, not just because they wanted JIHS to win over Estill. I watched them cheer on every team that hit the floor.
Estill had a very clean routine also, but they just didn't "pop" like they have in the past....Their pike baskets were beautiful. I did feel JIHS had a routine with much better and more interesting choreography but needed to clean & sharpen up a lot. Their tumbling skills and baskets were great. I feel that Estill's win over JIHS was just in the execution department, but not on choreography.
I love cheerleading and have been a part of the KAPOS world for many years. I have no preference over any team. These are just my opinions based on what I saw last Sunday.
I thought every team did a great job just coming to compete. This takes a lot of hard work and effort. I would like to see fewer divisions and more competition. I do think it has become a pathetic excuse for some coaches to throw routines together and put their teams in empty divisions just so they can go to state. Just my thoughts. Great job EVERYONE!! You will represent 14th region well at State.

yeah, kapos-14 region. its done and over with. but, i would have like to seen powell county go out there, with changed mounts, because theirs was illegal. whose mounts was legal during in game at wymt. i would also, like to see one of their best flyers get sick. the flyer who was sick, has her standing handtuck, and has one of the best full downs. as soon as competition was over with, she was took to the hospital, to have her gaul bladder took out.
I thought Jenkins was awsome. All the teams were great. I got to say that I was kinda scared cause we hadn't went to competiton in about 15 years. Im just glad were going to state.

Go JENKINS
cheer4ever Wrote:No disrespect cheerdad, but it would be unbelievably hard to have 17 POINTS worth of deductions on the KAPOS scoresheet!! This would definitely mean you have a coach who doesn't know how to coach, and I'm sure that's not the case. Some of the major deductions they had would have been the 2 falls, and minor bobbles. They had NO illegal stunts. KCC did do a good job, but it was sloppy. They did have a cute routine and some difficulty, but when it is performed sloppy, it reflects on the scores. Their appearance was a personal turn-off with the cut-out shoulder.

I never said there were 17 points in deductions! Someone else said that Powell County's score was 17 points HIGHER than KCC's, though...maybe that's is what you misquoted?????
Okay Im Not tryin to be mean But powell won its over with. they did awesome. kcc did good, But the judges said POWELL won. theres no need to argue on, kcc has a higher score i wouldve liked to see powell do this and that.Powell beat them by 17 points, powell stuck everything and was tight. did their best and it paid off. Ok. Bye :]
I was at the competition and I'm just a spectator. I have no ties with anyone. I just love the sport. Powell Co. won and was the best. Their pom routine was awesome. I thought Powell was the best and 17 is a lot to win by.