Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should UK be ranked?
MVP2 Wrote:Ok, Can you tell me why St. Marys, Butler, Purdue, and Baylor is in the top 25? Who have they played? Is there Big12, WCC, and Horizon Conferences better than the SEC? please explain why them teams should be ahead of UK?

I never said UK wasent as good as those teams. I'm curious as to why people think UK should be ranked without a doubt. I think there close to being ranked. But 4wins in a row to weak competition is not very convincing to me.Beating scubs in the SEC is nothing to brag about. Sure, they almost beat Lville and Miami, but a loss is a loss. I'm a UK fan, I root for them in every game but the UL game, but I'm just being honest. I guess you guys can call me a hater or whatever lol.
TheONLY1 Wrote:Whats so different about Louisville now?????

UL has actually beat good teams.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:We should be ranked if we pull out the win this Saturday.

I think so too. If we win at Alabama this week we should be in at about 23. There simply isn't 25 teams playing better than Kentucky right now.IMO, Kentucky is as good as any team ranked in the bottom ten of the top 25. We went down to the wire with one of the hottest teams in the nation (UL) on their home floor. The cats can play with anyone the way they are playing right now. However, if they don't cut down on turnovers it is going to eventually catch up to them, especially if Meeks or Patterson has an off night.

Also, if someone will step up to be another consistent outside threat, to go along with Meeks, it will keep defenses from sagging down on Patterson and Stevenson which could really open up the floor.. This Ky team could make noise in the tournament this year if that happens, and they cut down the turnovers. But the question is, is there anyone capable of stepping up and burying the outside jumper consistently?
I could see them ranked based on their record but they don't have that many quality wins.
guyfawkes Wrote:I could see them ranked based on their record but they don't have that many quality wins.

Yes I agree, if you look at Kentucky's record then they should definitely be ranked. But, when you look at there schedule and see who they have played. The they shouldn't be ranked. But they will be ranked in the Top 25 before this 09' season comes to an end!!!

Good Luck Cats!
UK should be ranked they have been on i great stretch winning 9 of their last 10 and 4-0 in the sec
Bengal4Life Wrote:Yes I agree, if you look at Kentucky's record then they should definitely be ranked. But, when you look at there schedule and see who they have played. The they shouldn't be ranked. But they will be ranked in the Top 25 before this 09' season comes to an end!!!

Good Luck Cats!

I agree.
MVP2 Wrote:Why would that happen, when Purdue just beat Minn.

NVM, i didnt know they already played, my bad
yes they should be ranked.
I don't think they should be ranked with only two guys that score on a regular basis and turning the ball over at what about 20 or 22 a game. They can beat most teams but the top teams they struggle way too much.
they should be ranked at least 24 or 25, at least.. Even though they have two scorers, those two are consistent and that's what the ky offense is based on..
My question is not should UK be ranked, but rather why should these teams be ranked ahead of UK:

1. Notre Dame
2. Villanova
3. Georgetown
4. Memphis
5. Baylor
6. Minnesota
7. Purdue
8. Arizona State
9. Illinois
10. Florida
11. Gonzaga

All were ranked ahead of UK last week
BigBlueRush Wrote:The SEC is the toughest conference in it.Smile

How many is ranked !!! NONE
And not they shouldn't be ranked!! Why well think nobody have they beat no body in the current top 25. Who is a good team in the Sec with kentucky on top that should tell you so much about it that the Ohio valley conference is tougher. THINK THINK COMMON SENSE LEAVE THE HEART FOR A WHILE AND THINK ABOUT THE SITUATION.
Stardust Wrote:Here's the bottom 10:

16. Arizona State 15-3 337
17. Butler 16-1 332
18. Purdue 14-4 193
19. Notre Dame 12-5 180
20. Minnesota 16-2 154
21. Villanova 14-3 152
22. Saint Mary's 17-1 134
23. Baylor 14-3 82
24. Illinois 15-3 72
25. Memphis 14-3 72

There as good if not better than any of the bolded teams above.

There better than all of them:wenumber1
theVILLE Wrote:How many is ranked !!! NONE
And not they shouldn't be ranked!! Why well think nobody have they beat no body in the current top 25. Who is a good team in the Sec with kentucky on top that should tell you so much about it that the Ohio valley conference is tougher. THINK THINK COMMON SENSE LEAVE THE HEART FOR A WHILE AND THINK ABOUT THE SITUATION.

Actually Florida is ranked 24th, and they're from the SEC.
I believe losing to VMI at home is keeping them out of the top 25..But hopefully these three big road wins will get them a few votes.
They Definitely Should Be Ranked No Higher Than 20
pheonixx Wrote:I believe losing to VMI at home is keeping them out of the top 25..But hopefully these three big road wins will get them a few votes.

VMI leads the nation in points per game.. :thumpsup:
Leading the nation in scoring isn't what gets a school ranked, its who they play and who they beat that gets them national recognition.:bigeyed:
I think VMI could give more teams a run for their money if they could play them. Any team that averages that many points is going to be tough for anyone
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
pheonixx Wrote:Leading the nation in scoring isn't what gets a school ranked, its who they play and who they beat that gets them national recognition.:bigeyed:

Well Louisville lost to WKU, UNLV, Minnesotta and still ranked good. Notre Dame has lost 5-6 games and still ranked. Whats up with that?
Aslan Wrote:If you take the entire season into consideration, then no.
But they are playing like a top 25 team right now.

Three losses that are to good teams, VMI, Miami, buzzer beater to Louisville and one blowout to the best team in the country. With a 4-0 conference mark. I would still say that they should be in the 20-25 range. I would even say that your cards should be top 4-5.
until they beat a TRUE team, they won't be ranked. tennessee is a decent win, but tennessee is so streaky and has a few other losses, so that doesnt really mean much. im sorry, but lamar and teams like that don't really seem to be quality wins ;-)
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Three losses that are to good teams, VMI, Miami, buzzer beater to Louisville and one blowout to the best team in the country. With a 4-0 conference mark. I would still say that they should be in the 20-25 range. I would even say that your cards should be top 4-5.

Being 4-0 in the weak SEC is nothing. UK has yet to beat a good team. However, there playing good and beating teams they should be beating. Imo they'll be ranked when the next poll comes out.

Lville is playing like a top 5 team, but some bad, early losses are preventing them from being ranked that high. IDK how long they can keep playing this good though.
I beleive that this weekends win was enough to put them over the top.
Aslan Wrote:Being 4-0 in the weak SEC is nothing. UK has yet to beat a good team. However, there playing good and beating teams they should be beating. Imo they'll be ranked when the next poll comes out.

Lville is playing like a top 5 team, but some bad, early losses are preventing them from being ranked that high. IDK how long they can keep playing this good though.

I still contend that it's not who UK is beating that makes them deserving of being ranked, it is the fact that noone else who already is ranked has a better case.

There is no way to definitively say UK desevres to be ranked over who they have beat, but the arguement instead is why should these teams be ahead of them?

Notre Dame- If WVU is a middle of the pack Big East team then so is Notre Dame with their 3-4 record.

Georgetown- See above, WVU beat Georgetown as did Tennessee

Villanova- 3-3 in conference and no win anywhere close to the quality of K-State or WVU

Syracuse- They ahve quality wins over Memphis, Kansas, and florida. But a loss to Cleveland State (just as bad as VMI if not worse), as well as losses in 3 of their last 4 games. UL beat them at the Cuse by 10.

Minnesota- Yes they did beat UL on a neutral court (in a game UL did not show up for) but losers of 2 of their last 3 including a struggle with lowly Indiana.

Memphis- the enxt candidate for the "Who have they beat?" category. Struggled with the same Tennessee team UK stomped, have lost to every other "good" team they have played.

St. Mary's- Record is impressive, but once again getting back to your arguement who ahve they beat that is better than West Virginia, Tennessee, or even K-State?

Florida- Bad loss to South Carolina and Florida State, no quality wins except NC State and even they are a middle of the pack ACC team.
Yes I think the Wildcats should be ranked when you have teams like Notre Dame who is 12-5 and Gonzaga who is 12-4.
in the top four polls only one has ky ranked in top 25 ,parrishs poll has them ranked 22.............http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/polls...........thats a good start.GO CATS
Yes they should
They are ranked #23 in espn power rankings this morning too!!