Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 73 - Auburn 64
BatCat11 Wrote:I think everyone needs to get off of him he's in and we are winning. He has been there longer and is more experienced at the point he may not score alot of points but he helps the team tremendously.

I'm not putting him down at all, I'm just saying he will not start next year.
This was my first experience at a uk game, and even though we played sloppy, it as still awesome.
The roar from the crowd when meeks was announced was simply amazing.
At one point the crowd boo'd when porter was getting put in. I didn't boo. Yeah he was having a bad game, but booing him isn't gonna make him play better.
And we also stuck around after the game to meet the players, so that was pretty sweet.
And I loved how everyone screamed and cheered when they announced that Florida had lost haha.
Okay, enough rambling.
Go cats!
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:Porter will not start point guard next year.

Um, yeah he will.
blackcat Wrote:Um, yeah he will.

No he wont.
the tigers put up a good fight and they had a lot of hustle but UK had too much depth for them.
Magicjefferson25 Wrote:I'm not putting him down at all, I'm just saying he will not start next year.

WIth injuries, transfers, players improving, BillyG himself probably don't know who will be in his starting 5 next year. Only God in Heaven knows.
When Porter had a few good games in a row (TN, VANDY) with very few TO's everybody was really behind him, but he has another bad game and now he is the worse player on the court. If I am not mistaken, UK had 22 TO's and Porter had 4. Somewhere some other players had 18 other TO's. He did make some mistakes, but so did the other players on the team. At least he was getting the ball across half court and setting up an offense. Auburn had small, scrappy defenders that forced the TO's. So we can't just bash on Porter, because we are winning, and as long as we win he will be starting.
mcolem00 Wrote:When Porter had a few good games in a row (TN, VANDY) with very few TO's everybody was really behind him, but he has another bad game and now he is the worse player on the court. If I am not mistaken, UK had 22 TO's and Porter had 4. Somewhere some other players had 18 other TO's. He did make some mistakes, but so did the other players on the team. At least he was getting the ball across half court and setting up an offense. Auburn had small, scrappy defenders that forced the TO's. So we can't just bash on Porter, because we are winning, and as long as we win he will be starting.

Porter has never had a good game. Hes had games that weren't bad but they were never considered good.
But when he had the not so bad games, people were talking good on here about him. But he has an under par game and he all of the sudden becomes the talk of BGR. I agree he is not the best, but he is what we have. Apparantly Billy G. knows something we don't because he is the one in the coaches box and not us.
TheONLY1 Wrote:You all get on to liggins for playing bad D but whydo you think we lost the louisville game. We lost because porter couldn't guard Sosa. Liggins played 12 minutes last night an didn't turn it over any. Porter had 4 turnovers no pts an he missed a layup lol wide open 1. We should play Liggins more so we can have him ready for the future cuz with porter we don't have no future.

He played defense on Sosa exactly like he was supposed to, by preventing him from driving to the goal. Any coach in America would be content with the other team taking a 25-foot shot in that situation, it's much better than a 10-foot jumper off a drive, or even worse getting sent to the foul line with a chance to win it. Sosa just made an amazing shot, and there wasn't a thing anyone could have done about it, including Porter.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]