Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 68 - Georgia 45
mightydog Wrote:Is this a breakdown of the game by you Billy Clyde?

Yea you got it.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Kentucky should be in the top 25 tomorrow with this win!

not really a good win GA wasnt that good but i think the shoul be in the top 25 anyway
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Down just a bit? You sure are being generous. The SEC does not have a single team ranked in the USA Today Top 25 and only has three teams even receiving votes. That being Arkansas, Tennessee and Florida. I can never remember the SEC being this weak.

I can remember not long ago that the SEC could have as many as 3-4 teams ranked in the top 10 and as many as a total of 6 or 7 teams ranked in the top 25. Plus you would have a couple of teams receive a few votes.

UK has a decent record due to the fact that they played probably the weakest preconference schedule in the history of the program. Evidently poll voters have recognized that fact.

They still have bat West Virginia, Kansas State, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt... those are all four teams with legitimate chances of making the NCAA Tourney. UK's losses(with the exception of VMI) have not been to any slouches losing to Miami, @ UNC, and @ UL. UK could very well be 17-1 right now as UNC is the only game they had no chance of winning down the stretch.

The four teams to beat UK are a combined 56-12. The 4 wins I mentioned above are 45-20 this year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They still have bat West Virginia, Kansas State, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt... those are all four teams with legitimate chances of making the NCAA Tourney. UK's losses(with the exception of VMI) have not been to any slouches losing to Miami, @ UNC, and @ UL. UK could very well be 17-1 right now as UNC is the only game they had no chance of winning down the stretch.

The four teams to beat UK are a combined 56-12. The 4 wins I mentioned above are 45-20 this year.
The won/loss record of anybody they have played up to this point is probably not a great guage to determine anything. I dont have a clue as to whom these other teams have played are up to this point are, but perhaps seeing that they are all just going into their conference schedules as well, they may not have all played a powerhouse schedule either. Can you ever remember the SEC not having anybody at all ranked in the top 25 midway through January? This may the first year in history. It's just been a few years ago that the SEC was starting to overcome that perceived "football conference " image and be considered as perhaps the strongest basketball conference in the country as well. Definately a downward spiral this year.
Anytime Kentucky can beat the Dawgs it is a great day.
Congrats UK on the win.