Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Mike Jones (Estill)
Anyone know where Coach Jones will end up?
I have heard Greenup County was a strong posibility.
I dont think anyone will want him
What was the reasoning for leaving Estill ?
I guess his Offense was too boring for some people..Sad
Be careful courtdog, very careful what you say. believe nothing you hear and half of what you see
Mike Jones did GREAT job at Estill. Estill's double-wing style was the perfect fit for the type of football players they had. Estill would not have had the success they had this season if they hadn't have had coach Mike Jones. Any programs who are looking to turn the corner and have some success, He would be the perfect hire.
blitz43 Wrote:I guess his Offense was too boring for some people..Sad

Wasn't boring to me trying to defend that mess..............Wink :confused:
P.C.Defense Wrote:Wasn't boring to me trying to defend that mess..............Wink :confused:

No Doubt...LOL We would have been ok if we had some flame throwers or tanks...LOL:flame:
Coach Jones, if you are reading this...Please come to Greenup, Please.
Check your records before you get on here and start running your mouth. He's had two solid years back to back, a decent year in '02, a solid year in '03 defeating a top 5 Russell team. Besides that, what had Estill done since the Niece boys graduated?
Didn't he win like 3 games combined in 2 years only 3-4 years ago?
Some of your guys comments are down right dumb! How can you judge a coach on a record? Un-like college and the NFL...high school CAN'T recruit! Now if he had the talent and didn't do the job (ex. Paducah Tilman this past year) then that is something to be concerned about. The guy has proved that he can win.
Bub Lewis Wrote:Some of your guys comments are down right dumb! How can you judge a coach on a record? Un-like college and the NFL...high school CAN'T recruit! Now if he had the talent and didn't do the job (ex. Paducah Tilman this past year) then that is something to be concerned about. The guy has proved that he can win.

:popcorn: Don’t worry bl , because if coach Jones goes to Greenup. Lewis won’t have to play them...Lewis is not on Greenup’s schedule in 09’.Form the last I heard.:popcorn:
It is extremley doubtful he will be coaching at Greenup next season. We will be finding out in the near future though.
kybaseball Wrote:It is extremley doubtful he will be coaching at Greenup next season. We will be finding out in the near future though.
Why? I know he has interviewed.
Kosar Wrote:Why? I know he has interviewed.

Just an opinion. The future will hold the answers.
Who is taking over at Estill?
This coach got the most out of what he had to work with.....He did a good job @ Estill County and I think that in a year or two, they will be wanting him back....
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:This coach got the most out of what he had to work with.....He did a good job @ Estill County and I think that in a year or two, they will be wanting him back....

Unless a very good coach goes in there, I think you could be right there BULL.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:This coach got the most out of what he had to work with.....He did a good job @ Estill County and I think that in a year or two, they will be wanting him back....

If they have any sense to them, they'll be wanting him back before then. Huge mistake the way things played out, it will be a regret in the near future.
Trenches07 Wrote:Unless a very good coach goes in there, I think you could be right there BULL.

Sometimes there is more to winning and losing when working with young kids. You have to conduct yourself in a manner that will not embaress the school system.

Also who did they beat this year. Phelps, Berea, Pineville, Knott, Maggofin, Bourbon, Powell. I would not call these guys world beaters.
lets roll Wrote:Sometimes there is more to winning and losing when working with young kids. You have to conduct yourself in a manner that will not embaress the school system.

Also who did they beat this year. Phelps, Berea, Pineville, Knott, Maggofin, Bourbon, Powell. I would not call these guys world beaters.

Yeah, they only made it to the regional finals and their only two losses came to Breathitt, this years class 3A runners up. In the 1st matchup they very well could have beaten them losing 7-6. You seem to forget that they aslo beat Harlan Co., Somerset, and Taylor Co. Why do you want to try to diminish the accomplishments of this staff and group of exceptional young men?
Please explain to me how Jones left...fired for misconduct? resigned under pressure? fired for scheme or losing? ran out by disgruntled parents or booster club? I missed the story.
Dungy Wrote:Please explain to me how Jones left...fired for misconduct? resigned under pressure? fired for scheme or losing? ran out by disgruntled parents or booster club? I missed the story.

He resigned, from what I hear he wants to spend more time with his family(son).
Jones if he goes anywhere I dont think that it will be Greenup County or somewhere like that it will be somewhere better than that county.
Dungy Wrote:Please explain to me how Jones left...fired for misconduct? resigned under pressure? fired for scheme or losing? ran out by disgruntled parents or booster club? I missed the story.

Combination. :dontthink
chudson Wrote:jones if he goes anywhere i dont think that it will br greenup county or somewhere like that it will be somewhere better than that county
What the heck does this statement mean?:mad:
Wink Coach Jones has done a good job every place he has coached and his personal life shouldn't be a factor unless he was a drug dealer, murderer or something of that nature. It doesn't matter what his critics in Estill say, he will go somewhere else and be successfull again. Don't throw stones because we all live in glass houses.
lets roll Wrote:Sometimes there is more to winning and losing when working with young kids. You have to conduct yourself in a manner that will not embaress the school system.

FBALL Wrote:I have heard Greenup County was a strong posibility.

Looks like Mike Copley got that job.