Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
time in 40.. in middleschool.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Is that going to be a future RB or is it going to be a wide receiver?

HE PLAYS CENTER
I've not been down to watch their spring conditioning but I'd bet that J Short 5 is probably correct. Based on last year it has to be him or Josh Boggs most likely. Neither of those can run a 4.5 though. Cody Sexton is a fast kid and if he see's daylight he's gone. I'm not sure where they are going to play him. I've heard it could be tailback, quarterback or even slot so who knows?
All of I have got to say is if there was an middle schooler running a 4.5 forty then I wish I was his parents.
I am very proud to be #1's mom. He is a great kid. He works as hard at practice as he does in games. Right now,both he and his twin brother have made the JV GCHS baseball team. He has a shot at some Varsity time if he continues to work hard.
am i mis understanding or something i thought someone said he ran down someone from 30yrds back in the high school playoffs,if i am mistaking on the high school part let me know,because how does an 8th grader play for the the high school...
I had a 8th grader running a 4.53 last year
I would be willing to bet that we dont have 5 kids in all of eastern KY. That run a LEGIT ! 4.7 or lower 40. I would say that number would drop to maybe 1 or 2 in pads. Hand clocked 40 times are not even close to accurate. Its a fact folks ! MIDDLE SCHOOL KIDS that is.
cuppett777 Wrote:am i mis understanding or something i thought someone said he ran down someone from 30yrds back in the high school playoffs,if i am mistaking on the high school part let me know,because how does an 8th grader play for the the high school...
He ran down someone from 30 yards back in the MIDDLE SCHOOL playoffs. He plays baseball for the High School team because they do not have a Middle School baseball team.
canoeman06 Wrote:I would be willing to bet that we dont have 5 kids in all of eastern KY. That run a LEGIT ! 4.7 or lower 40. I would say that number would drop to maybe 1 or 2 in pads. Hand clocked 40 times are not even close to accurate. Its a fact folks ! MIDDLE SCHOOL KIDS that is.
Once again, just because he is not from your area does not mean that he cannot run fast.
Is it really that important to run a good 40? I mean if you are 3 and goal on the 30, does it really matter?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Is it really that important to run a good 40? I mean if you are 3 and goal on the 30, does it really matter?

Depends on the play call.

Most people I am sure do not even know where the origins of timing the 40 came from. It had nothing to do with offensive and defensive production.

edit: I just read that quote again. If you are 3rd and goal from the 30 then I would say speed is even more of a factor.
Lambert #1 Wrote:I think some people do not understand that a grade school child running under a 4.8 or 4.9 is very rare. Do these people realize that professional running backs and receivers only run a 4.2 or 4.3. I really doubt that some of these times are legit that are being posted on this thread. Grade schoolers running only 2 or 3 tenths behind a professional player, highly doubtful people. If it is true get a hold of Coach Brooks and Joker at UK, they will start recruiting them right now.

I agree
Adam Elkins, 7th grader from Raceland supposively runs a 4.4, id have to see it too believe it , his coaches swear by it though.
GreenupPlayer1976 Wrote:Adam Elkins, 7th grader from Raceland supposively runs a 4.4, id have to see it too believe it , his coaches swear by it though.
No.
GreenupPlayer1976 Wrote:Adam Elkins, 7th grader from Raceland supposively runs a 4.4, id have to see it too believe it , his coaches swear by it though.

:lmao: Wish I was his parent to.:eyeroll:
Not seen this kid but watched the 7th grade team this year and did not see anyone out there hitting the 4.s.... I have to agree with FBALL on this one- NO !!!!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I have seen the kid from Grant a few times. We have 3 kids all run 5.0 on timer, not a stop watch, and can go off and leave them. I do not know how fast, but he is fast.
well us Patroits had us a running back this year that hit 3.957 and 4.1 this kid was really fast you all may know him Jordan Turner #5 8th grader..we used a stop watch on him he ran it for us everyday never went past 4.2 it was always 4.1 or 3.9 when he got in to open feild there was no catching him he was also a handful tryin to get wrapped up in the backfeild..great running back!

MR. amazing im sorry but if he ran a3.9 then hes one of the fastest middle school players of all times. and for people saying pro players run 4.2s and 4.3s theres mabey 12 or so in the nfl that are that fast and mabey 1 or 2 that have ran 4.2s. 4.75 is abut as fast as a middle schooler car run unless hes a double holdback.
MR.Amazeing Wrote:well us Patroits had us a running back this year that hit 3.957 and 4.1 this kid was really fast you all may know him Jordan Turner #5 8th grader..we used a stop watch on him he ran it for us everyday never went past 4.2 it was always 4.1 or 3.9 when he got in to open feild there was no catching him he was also a handful tryin to get wrapped up in the backfeild..great running back!

That is Usain Bolt, speed no way!!!!!!!
id say RB he is quick and dont care to hit u on either side of the ball