Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 70 - Vanderbilt 60
it was a good game i think that kentucky might be actually getting used to billy gillispie's still of play they look good but i dont think they should have blown that 20 point lead
Porter is a fine athlete he deserves the starting point position.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
glad to see us pull out a sec win against vandy at home....may be a different story when we play in nashville, seems we always struggle at that place!
We do need a new PG but we have to make due with what we have. Porter nor Liggins are great ones, average at best, but we have to play with who we have.
porter only had 2 turnovers the whole game and i'm pretty sure we're all happy with that. just as long as he keeps his assist to turnover plus we'll be happier than we was at the first of the year. if uk turns 20+ times a game we're screwed. I just wish other people would shoot a open shot other than Patterson or meeks. they all can shoot the ball decent and it would open it up for our big 2. make teams gaurd 5 people instead of 2. .........Porter shoot the three if its there you've shown you can hit it.
Listen, there has been nothing wrong with the way Porter has been playing lately. I think he is the closest thing to a PG we have at the moment. I thought UK played about 35 solid minutes Saturday, which is better than the usual 25.

The only thing that discourages me, and this goes for both basketball and football, is when teams decide to sit on the ball to run out the clock. More times than not, you will see a team make a valiant comeback. We seen this Saturday. UK got up by 20 and instead of doing what they were to get the lead, they decided to go into protection mode. If you want to be a great team, you cannot do this. I understand you don't want to make mistakes and force shots at the end, but obviously this UK team isn't good at trying to keep a lead. If an up and down pace worked the best for you throughout the game, then you have to continue to do it. That's just my take on it.
Porter is prob the best pg we have on the team and he should start but we want go far in March as long as we got Porter as a Starter. Liggins has chance in couple of years to be good but hes way to wild right now.