Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin running again?
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Now im confused, at first it was the KYMFSA informing Bell that Corbin and only Corbin kicked them out of the conference. However, now it seems that Bell had to inform the KYMSFA of what happened. It sounds like there are some upset parents trying to make someone else look bad.

And if you were on the sideline at the corbin game you must have lied just like the parent that hit the official. Corbin doesn't allow parents on the sideline, you must be a player, coach, or working the game. It is strictly enforced and the whole reason the parent was referred to as an assistant coach in the media is because he had lied and said he was an assistant coach to get on the field.

It seems that this wasnt the first time that a conference has had trouble with Bell County. My advice is next time when your team decides to repeatedly dissrepect other teams and act oblivious to any of their indiscretions, take some responsibilty dont pawn it off on someone else.

If you would learn to read, you will see that our coaching staff contacted KYMSFA about playing Independent. They in turn asked why. CORBIN initially informed us that we would not be in the conference. As for our coaching staff, they have had nothing but respect for other teams. You seem to be very "close" to the situation. Why don't you inform us why YOU kicked us out of the conference.
My personal opinion and that is all that it is.. your 7th grade team made it to the finals and by kicking us out, your wanting to make sure that they make it back. Bell, the last 8 years in football, has always found a way to beat Corbin. Now with your actions you don't have to worry about that challenge. Besides, eliminating Bell this way will be the only way you would move on. Good luck to you as well. Try not to run and hide on the high school level and Middle school level for very long. Hope to see you on the field again and by the way, pass this along to your High School coaching staff as well.
Snare43 Wrote:Don't be, Bell contacted them as to the chances of going to the playoffs as a independent. They wanted to know what happened and when they were told were very disappointed in Corbins actions. Several e-mails from them to Corbin and Bell to see if it could be worked out. The KYMSFA rep developed a very good relationship with Bell coaches and was trying to help them in finding another conference and also expressing their disapointment in CORBINS decision. Can they do anything , probally not. In many, many eyes if this all this stays the same CORBIN will continue to have the reputation of dodging Bell, now in middle school. It looks as if only in the sports that they get beat in. Be careful, if our basketball team was to win a game or two they will stop that. I guess baseball will be next.

Corbin DODGES no one. We (parents and kids) have nothing to do with the scheduling. If the coaches have issues we can't help that either. There is plenty of blame to throw around. But, Corbin is not afraid to play Bell or anyone else for that matter.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Corbin DODGES no one. We (parents and kids) have nothing to do with the scheduling. If the coaches have issues we can't help that either. There is plenty of blame to throw around. But, Corbin is not afraid to play Bell or anyone else for that matter.

Your Coaches do. You hire a coach to represent your program and you, as a player and parent. The only reason Corbin will not play Bell in football is that they can not win. Your coaches have taken the stance of dodging so you will have to burden that also.

Do I believe that the community is behind this, NO. I can't see how the community lets the coaches do this. :igiveup:
Snare43 Wrote:Your Coaches do. You hire a coach to represent your program and you, as a player and parent. The only reason Corbin will not play Bell in football is that they can not win. Your coaches have taken the stance of dodging so you will have to burden that also.

Do I believe that the community is behind this, NO. I can't see how the community lets the coaches do this. :igiveup:

First of all, we didn't hire the coach the board did. Parents and students do not hire or fire. Second, we are NOT and the coaches are NOT afraid of playing you guys or anyone else win or lose. PERIOD. So, we will just have to agree to disagree. Until Dudley is gone from Bell I don't see us playing. . . not sure of all the reasons but both sides are at fault.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:First of all, we didn't hire the coach the board did. Parents and students do not hire or fire. Second, we are NOT and the coaches are NOT afraid of playing you guys or anyone else win or lose. PERIOD. So, we will just have to agree to disagree. Until Dudley is gone from Bell I don't see us playing. . . not sure of all the reasons but both sides are at fault.

Both sides are not at fault. This started when Coach Jewell and Kenny Roark from Middlesboro talked about why Middlesboro did not play Bell anymore. Roark's comments were that physically they (Middlesboro) could not compete. The last two games Bell and Middlesboro played M'boro had one of their best players break his leg and another player had a seperated shoulder. At this time, Coach Roark publically stated that it was not worth his kids getting hurt and Bell not being a district game. Coach Jewell also stated that this type of game, as physical as Bell had become, was not the type of competition he was looking for. Over the years since this... hard feelings have developed between coaches. Bell CO's coach continues to call M'boro and Corbin out publically for not wanting to play. But make no mistake about it.. Hard feelings is NOT what ended this football rivalry. It WAS the inability of these two teams to compete consistently with Bell CO. Call it what you want, I call it dodging.
Snare43 Wrote:Both sides are not at fault. This started when Coach Jewell and Kenny Roark from Middlesboro talked about why Middlesboro did not play Bell anymore. Roark's comments were that physically they (Middlesboro) could not compete. The last two games Bell and Middlesboro played M'boro had one of their best players break his leg and another player had a seperated shoulder. At this time, Coach Roark publically stated that it was not worth his kids getting hurt and Bell not being a district game. Coach Jewell also stated that this type of game, as physical as Bell had become, was not the type of competition he was looking for. Over the years since this... hard feelings have developed between coaches. Bell CO's coach continues to call M'boro and Corbin out publically for not wanting to play. But make no mistake about it.. Hard feelings is NOT what ended this football rivalry. It WAS the inability of these two teams to compete consistently with Bell CO. Call it what you want, I call it dodging.

Now that's funny----good way for you guys to look at it though.:lmao: Its really amusing how rumors get started and continue to grow, no matter how untrue they are. Corbin backs away from no one. But you believe what you want to.
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Now that's funny----good way for you guys to look at it though.:lmao: Its really amusing how rumors get started and continue to grow, no matter how untrue they are. Corbin backs away from no one. But you believe what you want to.

We could argue all night but to put an end to it, Call and schedule a game both in the high school and the middle school. Before you say that you don't schedule, call your coaches and let them know the community wants to play. Until a game takes place, Coach Jewell has given Corbin the reputation of running from Bell and there's no other way around it. If your statement is true that Corbin backs away from no one.... WHY IS BELL NOT ON YOUR SCHEDULE???
Snare43 Wrote:According to the state association of middle school, Corbin was the ONE. It is not between anyone. Corbin voted them out plain and simple.

First is was the state saying corbin kicked you out.
Snare43 Wrote:Don't be, Bell contacted them as to the chances of going to the playoffs as a independent. They wanted to know what happened and when they were told were very disappointed in Corbins actions. .

Second it was Bell telling the state that it was corbin who kicked them out of the conference.

Now i might not be able to read very good and my college education might not be up to par compared to the education you get a Bell Co, but i do no what contradiction is and your statements are a great exampe.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Second it was Bell telling the state that it was corbin who kicked them out of the conference.

Now i might not be able to read very good and my college education might not be up to par compared to the education you get a Bell Co, but i do no what contradiction is and your statements are a great exampe.

Typical Corbin response avoiding the true question as to why Bell was kicked out of the conference and why corbin does not want to play Bell at the middle or high school levels. I do apologize for the contradiction but make no mistake about it.. our schedule is open and we invite Corbin to participate in a football contest whether it be on the high school or middle school level. If you want to continue to argue the order in which Corbin voted us out, go ahead. My problem lies with the fact that Corbin coaches fail to inform the community the true reason as to why there is no game. Bottom line, no way around it, Corbin continues to run from Bell in football. Sorry that your coaches have put you in that situation.

By the way... I didn't graduate from Bell Co.... but can see through your smoke screen.

If you want to be the best come and beat the best!
So to be the best Corbin has to play Bluegrass this year?
barrel Wrote:So to be the best Corbin has to play Bluegrass this year?

I apologize again for the misunderstanding. I was referring to the high school level. However, in THIS part of the state, I beg to differ. Bell Middle IS the best and they would have to play US to get to the state. :igiveup: Corbin's new school flag
Snare43 Wrote:I apologize again for the misunderstanding. I was referring to the high school level. However, in THIS part of the state, I beg to differ. Bell Middle IS the best and they would have to play US to get to the state. :igiveup: Corbin's new school flag

:popcorn:

This is quite entertaining.

So who is in the conference with Corbin as of now?
Snare43 Wrote:We could argue all night but to put an end to it, Call and schedule a game both in the high school and the middle school. Before you say that you don't schedule, call your coaches and let them know the community wants to play. Until a game takes place, Coach Jewell has given Corbin the reputation of running from Bell and there's no other way around it. If your statement is true that Corbin backs away from no one.... WHY IS BELL NOT ON YOUR SCHEDULE???

All I can say is you just keep believing your myth. We don't back down from anyone and we have no control over the scheduling and unless you are a coach neither do you.Wink
Snare43 Wrote:If you would learn to read, you will see that our coaching staff contacted KYMSFA about playing Independent. They in turn asked why. CORBIN initially informed us that we would not be in the conference. As for our coaching staff, they have had nothing but respect for other teams. You seem to be very "close" to the situation. Why don't you inform us why YOU kicked us out of the conference.
My personal opinion and that is all that it is.. your 7th grade team made it to the finals and by kicking us out, your wanting to make sure that they make it back. Bell, the last 8 years in football, has always found a way to beat Corbin. Now with your actions you don't have to worry about that challenge. Besides, eliminating Bell this way will be the only way you would move on. Good luck to you as well. Try not to run and hide on the high school level and Middle school level for very long. Hope to see you on the field again and by the way, pass this along to your High School coaching staff as well.

As for you to say that Bell Middle is the best then why did Corbin Middle beat them 36-0 in their first meeting. The REDHOUNDS actually had their 2nd string in the second half of the first game. Then Corbin had Bell Middle down 36-6 in the 2nd half of the 2nd game, when the incident happened. The game was called in the 3rd quarter. Hey I respect all (ESPECIALLY) mountain teams in the area, but for you to say to be the best you have to beat Bell Middle!! I think Corbin did a pretty good job of that. You said earlier it had been 8 years since Corbin had beaten Bell Co. High. Well they didn't play in 08 or 07, so that doesn't matter. Since 2000 I will admit that Bell Co. does hold a 4-3 lead, but for you to say that Corbin hasn't beat Bell High in 8 years and that Corbin is scared is IGNORANT. I WILL tell you, that your facts are a little far from the truth. As for someone to think that one school is responsible for kicking another out of the conference, that blame would have to fall on Bell Co. parent/ "asst. coach". It is a BIG DEAL to get mad and just punch out a REF... We get it you don't like Corbin!! Hmmm... Jump in line b/c you are not the first, and your not the last. It is Bell Co. fault for their parent/"asst. coach" to represent their school that way. I disagree with REF'S calls all the time, but I don't go and knock their block off. So if coaches are to represent our schools, then why would you have someone like that on your sidelines to bring your children up that way. So in closing this had nothing to do with your players, but one persons decision to do an IDIOTIC thing that REFLECTS on the coaching staff and school. If he wasn't a coach then he had to lie to go on the sidelines at Campbell field in Corbin, so the question is who's reputation is at stake. As far as Corbin Reputation for "running" I believe they added another quality team to their schedule: Lexington Christian. So who looks worse a team that scheduled someone else, or a team who teaches their children to lie and punch Ref's? Let it rest...
And may I add that Bell Co. is a dominant program here in the mountains, but so is Corbin, and of course Rockcastle. Don't focus all on us because Knox Central is knocking on your door to take you off your throne. Don't you have anything other to worry about other than a team that you don't play anymore or can't dominate year in and year out. I'm telling you Knox Central will upset if your not careful. Corbin now is the last of your worries.
under_armour Wrote:And may I add that Bell Co. is a dominant program here in the mountains, but so is Corbin, and of course Rockcastle. Don't focus all on us because Knox Central is knocking on your door to take you off your throne. Don't you have anything other to worry about other than a team that you don't play anymore or can't dominate year in and year out. I'm telling you Knox Central will upset if your not careful. Corbin now is the last of your worries.

That's the problem.. the 2 dominate teams in the Mountains need to face eachother. I'm tired of hearing that it's the 2 coaches fault that Corbin and Bell do not face off. We want to play you plain and simple. We'll let it rest but don't ever place the blame on Bell Co. for this match up not happening. I have to add... Our 8th grade team only lost 1 game and that was to Bluegrass! You, us or no one can control what parents do but do not put "asst. coach" afterward because he is or was NOT a coach. For example, we came down and played in your middle school basketball tournament and had to ask the ref to remove one of your parents because he was cursing our kids out on the floor. We do not blame your school at all because you can't control what parents do. People do stupid things but that's not the question here. The question is why were we voted out and why do we not play anymore. Stick to point because there's bad apples in every bunch.
I'm not blaming your school!! Like I said Bell is a dominate program. But when a parent (doesn't matter who school they root for) interfer's in a school function that's a problem, PERIOD. I don't think you really understand were I'm coming from on this. I like smash mouth football and that's what your gonna see when these 2 teams play, but when parents get involded physically that's when I worry about the well being of my child. As for me replying as "asst. coach" I'm just saying he would have had to portray being an "asst. coach" to get on the sidelines. I know this personally b/c my son plays in the youth league here and it is strictly enforced. Only times I have ever been on the sidelines if I ran the chains or if my son got injured, then and only then would they allow anyone on the field. That is why we have a fence around the field. As for your 8th grade team that is remarkable on losing 1 game. That is what makes the Mountain teams here so special. Take pride in your team and school but don't blame one school for this match up not happening. In due time this great rivalry will take place, but the blame can't be put on coach Jewell. The question for why you were voted out I don't know, but RUMOR has it that Bell had voted out of another conference. Maybe just maybe some other school's had some issues with Bell Co. Be realistic to say that we can't compete with Bell Co. is wrong. Bell has beaten us and we have beaten Bell. I don't deny that Bell Co. is the most dominate team in the mountains, but you never can count us out if we are on the field as well. I have stuck to the point. It only takes one bad apple to ruin the basket. Remeber that.
under_armour Wrote:I'm not blaming your school!! Like I said Bell is a dominate program. But when a parent (doesn't matter who school they root for) interfer's in a school function that's a problem, PERIOD. I don't think you really understand were I'm coming from on this. I like smash mouth football and that's what your gonna see when these 2 teams play, but when parents get involded physically that's when I worry about the well being of my child. As for me replying as "asst. coach" I'm just saying he would have had to portray being an "asst. coach" to get on the sidelines. I know this personally b/c my son plays in the youth league here and it is strictly enforced. Only times I have ever been on the sidelines if I ran the chains or if my son got injured, then and only then would they allow anyone on the field. That is why we have a fence around the field. As for your 8th grade team that is remarkable on losing 1 game. That is what makes the Mountain teams here so special. Take pride in your team and school but don't blame one school for this match up not happening. In due time this great rivalry will take place, but the blame can't be put on coach Jewell. The question for why you were voted out I don't know, but RUMOR has it that Bell had voted out of another conference. Maybe just maybe some other school's had some issues with Bell Co. Be realistic to say that we can't compete with Bell Co. is wrong. Bell has beaten us and we have beaten Bell. I don't deny that Bell Co. is the most dominate team in the mountains, but you never can count us out if we are on the field as well. I have stuck to the point. It only takes one bad apple to ruin the basket. Remeber that.

I agree with everything you said. Let's make this a simple question. Why will Corbin not play Bell in football anymore? High School or now Middle School.
under_armour Wrote:As for you to say that Bell Middle is the best then why did Corbin Middle beat them 36-0 in their first meeting. The REDHOUNDS actually had their 2nd string in the second half of the first game. Then Corbin had Bell Middle down 36-6 in the 2nd half of the 2nd game, when the incident happened. The game was called in the 3rd quarter. Hey I respect all (ESPECIALLY) mountain teams in the area, but for you to say to be the best you have to beat Bell Middle!! I think Corbin did a pretty good job of that. You said earlier it had been 8 years since Corbin had beaten Bell Co. High. Well they didn't play in 08 or 07, so that doesn't matter. Since 2000 I will admit that Bell Co. does hold a 4-3 lead, but for you to say that Corbin hasn't beat Bell High in 8 years and that Corbin is scared is IGNORANT. I WILL tell you, that your facts are a little far from the truth. As for someone to think that one school is responsible for kicking another out of the conference, that blame would have to fall on Bell Co. parent/ "asst. coach". It is a BIG DEAL to get mad and just punch out a REF... We get it you don't like Corbin!! Hmmm... Jump in line b/c you are not the first, and your not the last. It is Bell Co. fault for their parent/"asst. coach" to represent their school that way. I disagree with REF'S calls all the time, but I don't go and knock their block off. So if coaches are to represent our schools, then why would you have someone like that on your sidelines to bring your children up that way. So in closing this had nothing to do with your players, but one persons decision to do an IDIOTIC thing that REFLECTS on the coaching staff and school. If he wasn't a coach then he had to lie to go on the sidelines at Campbell field in Corbin, so the question is who's reputation is at stake. As far as Corbin Reputation for "running" I believe they added another quality team to their schedule: Lexington Christian. So who looks worse a team that scheduled someone else, or a team who teaches their children to lie and punch Ref's? Let it rest...

:Clap:
To answer your question about why Corbin won't play Bell Co. on both the High School and Middle School levels! I don't know. I know the coaches schedule the meetings, but I'm confident that the Board of Education has the final say in the matter. I like good fierce rivalries, I believe they need to be a little more controlled. For example: Ohio State vs. Michigan : the teams meet on the 50 yard line and jaw a little bit, but the enviroment is well controlled. I believe personally that Parents on both sides need to be a little more respectful to opposing teams. These young kids go out to give it their all to represent thier respectful schools. My personal believe is that if Corbin, Bell Co., Rockcastle, Knox Central, Lynn Camp, and ect.. does well it shows the State that the MOUNTAINS is where the REAL FOOTBALL takes place. I hope to see the two teams head to head on a NEUTRAL FIELD with ref's from western part of the State if it doesn't go back to Log Mountain or Campbell Field. But lets not blame one another, sometimes unfortunate things happen and not one person will ever know the whole truth. Just know that as much as Bell Co. loves the Rivalry Corbin loves it as well. NEUTRAL FIELD @ EKU I believe the 2 schools could fill the stands better than EASTERN could. Like you say 2 dominate teams need to meet. A win for either school is a signature win.
Oh yeah as far as your 8th grade team only losing 1 game that is remarkable. That's what makes the moutains so special. Our 7th grade lost only 2 games. I can see your frustration, the people here on both sides want to know who is the BEST OF THE BEST. Oh yeah just wondering if the SLUSHER kid was still at AUBURN? Kid was a heck of an athlete.
Can you please define what "real football" is?

I am all for people having pride in their area and local teams but that pride at times comes across as very disrespectful to other schools/teams throughout the state.
barrel Wrote:Can you please define what "real football" is?

I am all for people having pride in their area and local teams but that pride at times comes across as very disrespectful to other schools/teams throughout the state.

I think that maybe he is talking of smash mouth, running first, and hard nose defense. I share his view if so. I'm not a fan of the throw every down and playing a game to the score of 52 to 63.

It may work for some but not a fan. That would be a good thread to start, pass happy versus running teams.
I do not know many MS that are throw first past LCA. Also you can ask the Bell Co coaches about teams outside the mountains and their ability to run. When you do not fall into an area like the mountains, NKY, Louisville or whatever it starts to get old fast. You ask the NKY guys and they say no one plays football like them. You hear it from the mountains and from Louisville.

From the sounds of some of the stats people are posting about their RBs their offense need to score to the 30-40 range every game and rush for 300+ yds. AN average MS game is going to give an offense about 30-40 plays. If you are in the high 40s as far as plays someone is scoring pretty fast.

The nationals ave for HS teams throwing the ball is around 10 att a game. So even on the HS level there is not that many teams chucking it up all the time. MS is going to be even less. How many teams outside of one's area are they watching? I saw at least 4 "mountain" teams this year in person or tape.

You might be right about starting a thread about run vs pass. I do find it funny people saying that a team that throws the ball (or appears to) more is not playing real football. If someone prefers to watch or coach a style I can understand but to say if it does not fit their concept of the game it is not real football. What is someone going to call hardnosed defense? they use ot say when you played the Browns under Paul Brown you woke up the next morning like you did not play a game but they beat the crap out of you on the score board. Play Pittsburgh and you could not move the next day though you beat the crap out of them on the scoreboard.
You are just getting me wrong. I mean it was like when Richie Farmer played as one of the unforgettables. He wasn't the best player on the floor, but because he was out of our region (Clay County) you take a little more pride in it. Farmer was kinda like the poor mans player. And as far as being disrespectful I don't think so. I know alot of these schools here are big like 4-A, 3-A, 2-A. I love it when a team from our region can go to another region and come out victorious. Real Football is Hard Hittin', and Hard Runnin'. I just take pride for the people here. Just as someone would take it for their region. They aren't disrespecting me just being loyal and that is cool with me. Thats what sets this whole state apart from any other. Just my OPINION
Snare43 Wrote:If you would learn to read, you will see that our coaching staff contacted KYMSFA about playing Independent. They in turn asked why. CORBIN initially informed us that we would not be in the conference. As for our coaching staff, they have had nothing but respect for other teams. You seem to be very "close" to the situation. Why don't you inform us why YOU kicked us out of the conference.

They kicked Whitley out this year because one of their kids will be a hold back next year (ha ha), can you believe this. Last year Corbin's 8th grade team had 8 hold backs their QB has been held back 2 times. Clay Countys running back was retained in the 7th last year and played but they told Whitley hold backs were not permitted to play in their conference by the way Clay Countys middle school coach's son is a hold back. THEY ARE HYPOCRITS, coach Jackson wanted every team to go by his site base guidlines and most voted with him (these teams were South Laurel,North Laurel,Clay,Madison Southern feeder Foley programs that need to set a new direction for their high schools which are not very good). SNARE 43 you are right they don't want to play those that can beat them, coach Jackson must think he can win it all, but what happens when they meet these teams in the playoffs. Snare 43 Whitley will be playing Bell 2 times this year home and away, both are good team that ain't afraid to play anybody. Whitleys 7th grade played 500 last year,what difference do you really think 1 kid could make on a team.