Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Arkansas the team to beat in the SEC?
Anyone else think Arkansas may be the toughest team to beat in the SEC?
I dont think anyone in the SEC could beat them right now
king360 Wrote:I dont think anyone in the SEC could beat them right now
They have knocked off two of the top 10 teams recently.
They are playing very good right now, and would be hard to beat at home but I think we will see later on that they are not quite as good as they are playing.
Right now, yes. Season, probably not. I believe they will finish in the 5-6 range. They are just so young and not deep down low. If everyone can stay next year they should be top 15.
Pelphrey got them playing well, very tough @ home!!
Right now they look great, but let's wait till SEC play begins to see if they can keep the glass slipper.

I don't think many were ready to crown Boston College ACC champion when they beat UNC.
The Razorbacks are the team to beat right now. But like most have said, let's see what happens when SEC play begins.
It all depends on how they do in conference play, but besides them, the only teams I see dominating the SEC are UK, Florida and Tennessee and the rest is up in the air.
guyfawkes Wrote:It all depends on how they do in conference play, but besides them, the only teams I see dominating the SEC are UK, Florida and Tennessee and the rest is up in the air.

Now i know everyone on here wants UK to do well, but they will not be a contender to win the SEC this year. They aren't as good as their record indicates. But as for Arkansas, I must say beating Oklahoma and Texas are huge wins, but I don't see them winning the SEC either. I see them possibly getting 3-4 by the time it's over.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Now i know everyone on here wants UK to do well, but they will not be a contender to win the SEC this year. They aren't as good as their record indicates. But as for Arkansas, I must say beating Oklahoma and Texas are huge wins, but I don't see them winning the SEC either. I see them possibly getting 3-4 by the time it's over.
So two of the top 3 teams in the SEC right now can't win it? The SEC doesn't have a Texas nor Oklahoma in it. I think UK has the best chance to win it, then TN, Because that clown Pearl cannot coach.
Well considering SEC play hasnt started yet, you cant go by who is the top teams. Arkansas has beat quality teams and possibly could win, but like someone else said, i think they are playing better than what they really are and it will catch up to them. And we all know UK isn't as good as their record. Not many ppl are going to lose to central michigan and these mid major teams they are playing. Miami UNC and Louisville are the only true teams they have played and all 3 beat UK plus VMI did. I personally see Tennessee winning the SEC.
no kentucky will beat them.
After the disapointing loss to MSU what does eveyone think? I knew they were playing a little over their heads.
The SEC comes down to Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, LSU and Arkansas.

Those are the top teams in the conference.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The SEC comes down to Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, LSU and Arkansas.

Those are the top teams in the conference.

I agree, but LSU and Arkansas lost there SEC openers so I think that goes to show you the teams in the SEC are fairly even and anyone can sneak up on you on any given night.
The Big Blue will be the front runners with a victory over UT Tuesday night. If UT wins, then UT stays the favorite. I don't think Florida is good at all and have been overrated all year. UK puts a hurtin on them both times they play.
Arkansas will be a good team this year and may have a chance at winning the west, but will not be better than the East winner. I think Tenn, Ky, Fla are all better.
Honestly, I think UK is the team to beat in the SEC...the SEC is really that bad.