Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky's Starting Line-up?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:2 points a game for a WALK-ON playing for the University of Kentucky, who leads the NCAA in most wins, 2nd in National Championships, 43 SEC Titles and 13 or so SEC Tourney Championships.

Coming from the mountains isn't a disability, but according to all the big city folks, coming from the mountains means that they don't know what it's like against the type of talent they seen in the mountains.

I'm aware of all the history about Uk. I'm probably one of the biggest fans of all time but all that history don't make a difference when it comes down to a person's talent and ability. I'm no big city folk, so I don't know where your getting at there. And by saying walk-on it only makes him look worse. No hard feelings, just thought I would let you in on a little bit on the outside looking in. Big Grin
Money Maker Wrote:I'm aware of all the history about Uk. I'm probably one of the biggest fans of all time but all that history don't make a difference when it comes down to a person's talent and ability. I'm no big city folk, so I don't know where your getting at there. And by saying walk-on it only makes him look worse. No hard feelings, just thought I would let you in on a little bit on the outside looking in. Big Grin

Alright, if walk-on is worse then what about Cameron Mills & Ravi Moss, they weren't terrible.
Thats true, but UK isnt what they used to be. They are now barely the all time wins leader (about to be passed by UNC and Kansas) and havent won a championship in over 11 years. IMO, playing Porter is playing too safe. Like you guys have said, he doesnt turn the ball over, but he isnt really doing anything. They are playing not to lose, instead of gettin Liggins ready and playing to win. That is not the way UK used to be. And yeah a 3:1 assist to TO ratio is very good, but when it takes you 8 games to get 21 assists, you are not doing your job as a PG, i dont care how many TO's you have.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Alright, if walk-on is worse then what about Cameron Mills & Ravi Moss, they weren't terrible.

I don't ever remember saying they were terrible. I'm just saying it makes Slone look even worse by you referring him as a "WALK-ON". So if you want to make a legit arguement about slone, you shall take a little notes here and there so you can at least sound like you know what your talking about. He is from the mountains but that's no disablity nor does it make anyone have different opinions on his talent
Money Maker Wrote:I don't ever remember saying they were terrible. I'm just saying it makes Slone look even worse by you referring him as a "WALK-ON". So if you want to make a legit arguement about slone, you shall take a little notes here and there so you can at least sound like you know what your saying.

You said, by calling him a walk-on it makes him sounds worse. Now explain to me how it sounds worse, because being a walk-on is nothing to be ashamed of because I'm sure a lot of kids would kill to get offered to be apart of the Kentucky Wildcats.

Landon is a freshman walk-on that can come in and give valuable minutes and will one day during his career at UK will be a very good player.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You said, by calling him a walk-on it makes him sounds worse. Now explain to me how it sounds worse, because being a walk-on is nothing to be ashamed of because I'm sure a lot of kids would kill to get offered to be apart of the Kentucky Wildcats.

Landon is a freshman walk-on that can come in and give valuable minutes and will one day during his career at UK will be a very good player.

Nothing against Landon but with all the talent BCG is bringing in, he will never get the chance to be a good player. They will be way to much talent coming down the road for him to be able to even compete for a spot.
Money Maker Wrote:Nothing against Landon but with all the talent BCG is bringing in, he will never get the chance to be a good player. They will be way to much talent coming down the road for him to be able to even compete for a spot.

I agree that UK is bringing in a lot of talent and it will hurt Slone's minutes, but Gillispie has made it clear that if you bust your butt off in practice and play with intensity and passion than you will receive playing time. Plus, if Meeks decides to declare for the draft Hood will be the only true scoring guard we have next season so when Hood goes out, Slone will be an option off the bench to come in.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I agree that UK is bringing in a lot of talent and it will hurt Slone's minutes, but Gillispie has made it clear that if you bust your butt off in practice and play with intensity and passion than you will receive playing time. Plus, if Meeks decides to declare for the draft Hood will be the only true scoring guard we have next season so when Hood goes out, Slone will be an option off the bench to come in.

Your right he will be a option and hopefully #1 option if he continues to improve, which I hope he does. But I look for him to sign another SG and if he can, that might be another factor on the PT for him. Good luck to him tho. I honestly do admire his work ethic and heart he plays with.
primetime1323 Wrote:Sorry fball, didnt mean to say the same thing you did there....lol
I guess I started typin mine before yours got posted!

Thats quite allright.

It never hurts to say it again. Repetition is a big part of learning.

Some of this stuff needs to be repeated ALOT.Big Grin
FBALL Wrote:Thats quite allright.

It never hurts to say it again. Repetition is a big part of learning.

Some of this stuff needs to be repeated ALOT.Big Grin

Your right, some stuff needs to be repeated alot in order to learn. So UK losing over and over again will Help Porter with his game right?? And then he may improve enough to get a career high with 2 assist in a game. Big Grin
BlackcatAlum Wrote:We are heading into SEC play now, after all these non-conference games we've played, what should the starting 5 look like?

F- Perry Stevenson
F- Patrick Patterson
SF- Kevin Galloway
G- Jodie Meeks
G- Michael Porter

Looks pretty good to me.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:2 points a game for a WALK-ON playing for the University of Kentucky, who leads the NCAA in most wins, 2nd in National Championships, 43 SEC Titles and 13 or so SEC Tourney Championships.

Coming from the mountains isn't a disability, but according to all the big city folks, coming from the mountains means that they don't know what it's like against the type of talent they seen in the mountains.

Good post:thumpsup:

I don't know enough about Slone to make any comments, but it is impressive that a walkon has an "average" for any D1 school regardless.
Stardust Wrote:Good post:thumpsup:

I don't know enough about Slone to make any comments, but it is impressive that a walkon has an "average" for any D1 school regardless.

You can play5 seconds in the whole season and have a average. Just thought i'd let you in on a little secret. Smile
This is totally off subject but i would have rather seen Porter go to USC to play Qb on that scholarship they offered him..lol
Money Maker Wrote:Your right, some stuff needs to be repeated alot in order to learn. So UK losing over and over again will Help Porter with his game right?? And then he may improve enough to get a career high with 2 assist in a game. Big Grin
No, but if you read what was said again maybe you will begin to understand it.Wink

By the way Isn't UK 11-4? How is that losing over and over again?
FBALL Wrote:No, but if you read what was said again maybe you will begin to understand it.Wink

Hard to argue that.
FBALL Wrote:No, but if you read what was said again maybe you will begin to understand it.Wink

We have only played maybe 2 top 25 teams. We are just now getting to the game where the teams are being able to compete.
Money Maker Wrote:We have only played maybe 2 top 25 teams. We are just now getting to the game where the teams are being able to compete. I'd simplify that more, since you seem to have problems understanding things, but thats as simple as it can get.Big Grin

Maybe 2 teams? Miami, UNC, WVU and Louisville, if I counted correctly, that's 4.
blackcat Wrote:Maybe 2 teams? Miami, UNC, WVU and Louisville, if I counted correctly, that's 4.

I was talking about when they played... Wvu wasnt ranked when they played them. If I'm not mistaken we lost 3 of those 4 games anyways.. so that proves my point. Porter can't play with good talented teams. Wink
Money Maker Wrote:I was talking about when they played... Wvu wasnt ranked when they played them. If I'm not mistaken we lost 3 of those 4 games anyways.. so that proves my point. Porter can't play with good talented teams. Wink
Stop insulting people. You don't have to do that to get your point across. We all know you hate Porter.

No matter what you think of him he is the best that UK has right now.
king360 Wrote:This is totally off subject but i would have rather seen Porter go to USC to play Qb on that scholarship they offered him..lol

It was a DB scholarship
outdoorsman43 Wrote:It was a DB scholarship

Oh my bad..i thought they said QB..but i would probably still have went to USC if i were him