Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If You Where a MLB GM, Would You Sign Manny?
Lets say you where a General Manager of any team in the MLB, would you sign Manny Ramirez?
No. He's productive only when he wants to be, takes too many games off during the season and its the reason why the Red Sox got rid of him and the Angels will not pursue him.
Yeah, but only as a DH.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes, keep him happy and win a championship. Best hitter in the world (if happy) lol
Impressive Wrote:Yes, keep him happy and win a championship. Best hitter in the world (if happy) lol

I agree, the guy can flat out hit a baseball. If the Yankees got him, I can foresee him towing the line. There are too many superstars for his antics there. But yes, I see someone in the American league signing him. IMO, I believe he winds up in Detroit. They can afford him, plus they are looking for a big time Free Agent.
I'd hire him and put him on the Reds, Lord knows he can't make them any worse.
Manny Ramirez is cancer to any MLB team that wants to win the World Series!
As a GM, you only sign Manny if you have a manager that can handle him...much like Dennis Rodman and Phil Jackson
Jshort5 Wrote:Manny Ramirez is cancer to any MLB team that wants to win the World Series!

What about the two that the Red Sox won with him? What about the Dodgers who became World Series contenders when he came to LA, and the increase in winning % that he brought. What about the 1st place finishes and the World Series appearance of the Cleveland Indians with him that they have not been able to repeat after he left?
I would say, yes. He is a good hitter and can help out any team.