Central
Breathitt
Union
Belfry
E-town
Edmonson
Estill
all others have something to prove from 2008
I dont think estill will be anywhere what they were this year. They lost a huge amount of seniors and do not have much to replace hem with.

Breathitt should go to state again, we lose some line men and defensive starters, but we have replacements for them. I look for them to play belfry again and win again(not knocking them).

And of course i hate to say it, but central is #1 in 3A.
COBBLE IS A JUNIOR! You should have seen the look on my face last year at the championship when they told me he was just a sophomore and had just destroyed every one of our linemen...

He's the #1 Defensive prospect for next year.

That said, Central is definately #1 for next season. Unless you count Highlands... Tongue

Central
Belfry
Breathitt
Etown
Sheldon Clark

No one else should even be considered IMO.
Sarrr Wrote:COBBLE IS A JUNIOR! You should have seen the look on my face last year at the championship when they told me he was just a sophomore and had just destroyed every one of our linemen...

That said, Central is definately #1 for next season. Unless you count Highlands... Tongue

Central
Belfry
Breathitt
Etown
Sheldon Clark

No he is a SR. I just checked the program i bought from the games and he is a SR.
i Checked the roster to make sure he is a Senior this year
Union lost to Central 49-21 but 21-14 at half just had a bad third quarter i think we should definately be considered but we do have something to prove
Central
Breahitt
Belfry
E-town
Harlan
Sheldon Clark
Union
Mason
Russell
Pad Tilman
1st (2) Should Be In That Order, Then In Any Order
cuppett777 Wrote:Central
Breahitt
Belfry
E-town
Harlan
Sheldon Clark
Union
Mason
Russell
Pad Tilman
1st (2) Should Be In That Order, Then In Any Order

Harlan will be in 5a next year, won't they?
Very early but I'll give it a shot:

1. Central
2. Breathitt
3. Belfry
4. Sheldon Clark
5. Mason County
6. Etown
7. Union County
8. Russell
9. Edmonson County
10. Somerset
ecqb8 Wrote:Harlan will be in 5a next year, won't they?

Yes they will.
ecqb8 Wrote:Harlan will be in 5a next year, won't they?

your right i fourgot.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Very early but I'll give it a shot:

1. Central
2. Breathitt
3. Belfry
4. Sheldon Clark
5. Mason County
6. Etown
7. Union County
8. Russell
9. Edmonson County
10. Somerset

that looks preatty good
1.Breathitt
2.Russell
3.Belfry
4.Sheldon Clark
5.Central
6.Mason
7.Estill
8.E-town
9.Union
10Powell
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:1.Breathitt
2.Russell
3.Belfry
4.Sheldon Clark
5.Central
6.Mason
7.Estill
8.E-town
9.Union
10Powell
I would love to agree with you on this one but there is no way Russell is that high. Too many questions marks. Central will be #1 again.

I'll give it a shot.

1 Central
2 Breathitt County
3 Mason County
4 Belfry
5 Elizabethtown
6 Union County
7 Russell
8 Sheldon Clark
9 Somerset
10 Edmonson County

3-10 you could probably put in a number of different orders. But one and two are solid.
FBALL Wrote:I would love to agree with you on this one but there is no way Russell is that high. Too many questions marks. Central will be #1 again.

I'll give it a shot.

1 Central
2 Breathitt County
3 Mason County
4 Belfry
5 Elizabethtown
6 Union County
7 Russell
8 Sheldon Clark
9 Somerset
10 Edmonson County

3-10 you could probably put in a number of different orders. But one and two are solid.

Sheldon Clark is better than Russell they should be at least 5th
2.Russell
3.Belfry
4.Sheldon Clark
5.Central
6.Mason
7.Estill
8.E-town
9.Union
10Powell

Central is two time defending champion and they are 5th in 3A? They don't lose that much. Still have #5 that scored in the championship game, #17 that scored in the championship game, #4 that scored in the chamionship game, #2 that scored in the championship game. Also #4 is a heck of a linebacker. There are not four mountain teams that are better than Central. Probably not one.
Sarrr Wrote:COBBLE IS A JUNIOR! You should have seen the look on my face last year at the championship when they told me he was just a sophomore and had just destroyed every one of our linemen...

Central
Belfry
Breathitt
Etown
Sheldon Clark

Why cant u just agree that Cobble is a Senior he is going to Kentucky, an how many people have told u that he is a senior huh gosh!!
My top 5 are
1. Central
2. Breathitt
3. Belfry
4. E-Town
5. Union
Cards10 Wrote:Sheldon Clark is better than Russell they should be at least 5th
Get over it.

If you don't like the rankings make your own.

You might want to read a post entirely as well. The statement was made that 3-10 could be in a number of different orders.
Did Estill graduate everything or something? I would think they are a top 10 team.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Did Estill graduate everything or something? I would think they are a top 10 team.

They Graduate 11 Seniors, Most Of Whom Started On One Or Both Sides Of The Ball.
Central doesnt have 5A numbers, they have females, 3 to 1 more than boys.
This isnt the same situation as Mercer or Harlan. Those schools were in between schedules, and were allowed to play one season of out of alignment. Central has something like 1000 students, but the school is 70% girls. Breathitt Co. fans keep posting this same statement on other sites and people tell them how it is, and they go and post it on another.

1.Central
2.Breathitt
3.Union Co.
4.Belfry
5.Mason Co.
6.E*town.
7.Sheldon Clark.

Should be Central and Breathitt again next year in Bowling Green.
Central will be the favorite to everyone but the Jackson faithful
PaytoPlay Wrote:Did Estill graduate everything or something? I would think they are a top 10 team.

doubt you will see as easy of a schedule next year for the Estill faithful. They will finish second to Breathitt again in the district with Powell and Magoffin following. If they play the same district in playoffs, look for more the same, Somerset could be the sleeper.
Anyone who thinks that Central wasnt a better team than Breathitt Co. this year knows very little about football,and most Fans knows that but Faithful fans are all over the place and loves their teams and never wants to admit it or loose,Breathitt Co.with a year like they had wasnt suppose to be there and played well with a bunch of First year starting players(Qb Haddix,Recievers Noble,Huff,Epperson,and Freshman Josh Fletcher,and Center Jermey Moore,and many more) as starters but end of the first half in state Championship killed them and they should have done better but all the factors (Central being the better team)will show all that Central was as great team and should have won,i do think they(Breathitt Co.) will only get better and with the Runner-up in their pocket this year,will make them only want the Championship more in 2009,Fugate and Haddix and the recieving core will have too do a lot of hard work to get back there with Belfry and Russell and Mason wait to send them packing,but i do believe that the Breathitt Co.Bobcats will be on the Field at WKU playing for their 4 State Championship in 2009.Good Luck too all Mountian Teams!!!
2.Russell
3.Belfry
4.Sheldon Clark
5.Central
6.Mason
7.Estill
8.E-town
9.Union
10Powell

your seriously going to put Russell before Sheldon Clark...?
ol'dad07 Wrote:your seriously going to put Russell before Sheldon Clark...?
I wouldn't have a problem putting them ahead of Sheldon Clark. Now putting them ahead of Central is just insane.
ol'dad07 Wrote:your seriously going to put Russell before Sheldon Clark...?

He may have just made a mistake. Russell will be lucky to be in the top 10 in 2009. I just hope that the cancer that was on the team in 2008 has been all cut away with graduation. Russell had the talent to play with anyone in 2008

1. Central
2. Breathitt
3. Belfry
4. Sheldon Clark
5. Mason County
2.Russell
3.Belfry
4.Sheldon Clark
5.Central
6.Mason
7.Estill
8.E-town
9.Union
10Powell

Central lost some players, 13 to be exact, but I don't think Russell and Sheldon Clark would be ranked preseason ahead of them.
blitzingback Wrote:Central lost some players, 13 to be exact, but I don't think Russell and Sheldon Clark would be ranked preseason ahead of them.

i don't know....the Sheldon Clark team are only loosing a few and they still have power on the line....a little bit of speed coming into the season too....

but....i would have to say Central would be ranked ahead in the preseason
1. Breathitt
2. Central
3. Mason County
4. Sheldon Clark
5. Belfry
6. Russell
7. Union

I think the west will be pretty weak except for central. 4 and 5 could go either way.
I think Mason County will be a team to watch next season.