@ Magoffin County
@ Phelps
South Floyd
Paintsville
Pikeville
@Allen Central
@ Jenkins

What do you all think?
Soft schedule, should help confidence if they win the game they should. I like to see them turn it around. I think they needed to keep the confidence they had going at the beginning of the season and use it to weather the storms that they encountered during the season.
This year was a good year for the Bobcats can't wait to if the Cats and Coach Parsons can build on this season.
I am very confident that Coach Parsons has this team on the right track. There are loads of talent on this team. You start from the bottom and build your way up. Last year was a big step in the right direction for the Bobcats. With the talent coming up from grade school this year, I look for BL to capitalize on the improvements from last year. Good Luck Bobcats.
@ Burch - L
Hurley, VA - L
Jackson County - W
@ Magoffin County - W
@ Phelps - W
South Floyd - W
Paintsville - L
Pikeville - L
@Allen Central - W
@ Jenkins - W

6-4 not to bad of a season. I see BL building back up next season.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
I was impressed with Betsy Layne's Qb. He has alot of potiential and I believe he was just a soph.
Hurley was dropped from the schedule, the bobcats picked up Bishop Brossart.
I'll say 4-6.. Prove me wrongBobcats!
I believe Betsy Lane makes it again.
I heard the cats were in the weight room already.....unusual for bl.....they are putting one foot in front of the other now....this coaching staff understands that football is more than running and passing the football or tackling the guy with it....it takes hard work...good luck bobcats..
Has Been Wrote:I heard the cats were in the weight room already.....unusual for bl.....they are putting one foot in front of the other now....this coaching staff understands that football is more than running and passing the football or tackling the guy with it....it takes hard work...good luck bobcats..

Yeh they have been lifting for about a little over week now I believe. They also have a number of the next class of seniors coming out that has fball experience, but havent played since there freshman or sophmore year for whatever reason.
I see them losing the first 2 games and then losing to Paintsville and Pikeville. Overall should be a good season for the bobcats.
Should be exciting year and should improve. keep up hard work coach parsons. and good luck.
Good Luck In 09
the schedule looks like this now.

week 0 Bishop Brossart Home
Week 1 Burch, WV AWAY
Week 2 Open
Week 3 Jackson County Home
Week 4 Magoffin County AWAY
Week 5 Phelps AWAY
Week 6 South Floyd Home
Week 7 Paintsville Home
Week 8 Pikeville Home
Week 9 Allen Central Away
Week 10 Jenkins Away

Go ahead with your predictions
3 and 7
Good Luck to the Bobcats in the 09' season.
I under-estimated BL last year and walked away with my tail between my legs, I can see the Bobcats making the playoffs again next year. I look for them to go about 4-6 if not 5-5. Good luck Bobcats im rooting for you!!
allseasonfan Wrote:3 and 7

I agree....4-6 if they get a break or two. Magoffin is decent, AC lost 2 or 3 players from a team that killed BL, so I dont see those as wins, but good luck and hang in there.
I can see 5-6 wins for the Bobcats in '09. They pretty much bring back their entire team and one of the most underrated players in the mountains in Dylan Maldonado.

Best of luck to BL in '09!
I think this will be a good season for the bobcats. They also added three more coaches to the staff. When is the last time the bobcats had position coaches. Can't wait for 09 season.
Who are Red's assistant coaches?
Jonathan Parsons
Adam Collins
Justin Akers
Bobby Wise
Billy Spencer
Travis Slone
Bo Hamilton
Brennan Case
B.C. Thornsberry
Eric Hughes
among others
Who are BL's Seniors this coming season? Who will be the ones needed to step up and provide leadership for both defense and offense?
Betsy Layne Seniors 09' Season:
Steven Wright
Cody Gross
Jared Robinson
Gregory Neeley
Charles Lewis
Cody Kinney
Matt Boyd

Not for sure on this list of Seniors...
you forgot
Branston Jarrell
Chad Risner
How many of those coaches are in school at the high school?
we got three.
I see them finishing in the same place they did this past season.
betsylaynealum Wrote:you forgot
Branston Jarrell
Chad Risner

Sorry, I knew I would forget someone...I apologize for leaving them out.
  • 1(current)
  • Next