Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps 67 Pike Central 54
I hope they enjoy this year because the they have no future after that. That is sad but its a fact.They are not in the same class as Johnson Central.Keep your heads up Pike Central this only Dec.:howdy:
Tubby Lover Wrote:I hope they enjoy this year because the they have no future after that. That is sad but its a fact.They are not in the same class as Johnson Central.Keep your heads up Pike Central this only Dec.:howdy:

It makes every minute much more precious and every VICTORY that much sweeter!:letsparty
Traintracks55 Wrote:Kayla did good, I agree with you.

What went on with the basketball tonight?

Keep ur heads up Pike Central*

Yeah, Kayla Ratliff is an asset anywhere, especially from beyond the arc. I understand it was a boys ball and caused some controversy, but hey who knows? Yeah, Central...keep on keeping on and take it to Knot Central next week.
i couldnt agree with you more cena01...Slone is an awesome ball player but she didnt have any help at Phelps there has to be 5 good players working together to win...well spoken cena!!!!
First I'm not here to bash A.D. she is a very good player, but the fact is she did transfer a few times, as for the great Kayla Ratliff if I'm not mistaking she only shot one three and I think that one was 1 more than Central made as a team, next nothing was offered nor taken by Ratliff. I don''t know what was done to make you hate on KK but you obviously don't have your facts straight, there was no talk of going anywhere else to school untill she became miserable at Central not in the spring as I've written before, I hope this clears some things up for you if not feel free to PM me because post like this don't need to be on here!!!
I have to say that all this drama is quite interesting reading and I wanted to have my say, too.

I've been at PHS for a very long time - went thru grade school and high school at the old school, graduated from PHS and came back to work here. I've seen it all - good teams, great teams, bad teams and "no chance" teams - and that goes for coaches, too.

It's always the same story through all these years - if someone comes to Phelps it gets all kinds of attention because, goodness knows, WHO wants to come here of their own free will? Gotta be a payoff for someone somewhere, right? I'm glad there are those who thought this sinking ship was worth boarding and came our way. If everyone left us because there was not enough talent to make a team, we'd never field a sport.

We're a small, isolated school that will never have the depth of talent for our sports programs that the larger county schools have. But, our small size is a very good fit for many of the students who come here from the other county schools. The majority of the students who transfer here really like it. The fact that they are good athletes is an added bonus for us.

Believe me, really good teams are a rarity for our school. So, we have students playing who are transfer students. Show me a school in this county that chooses NOT to have transfer students on their team. As mentioned in other postings, we have had students leave us to go to other schools and end up on teams there. What's the big deal?

We'll enjoy the year. We'll enjoy the victories. We'll enjoy the success our girls team is going to have. Chances are we won't have this anticipated level of success for a long time after this year. It doesn't really matter how we've gotten here. The point for those of us in Hornetville is that our time has finally arrived and we're gonna grab onto it with both hands and sail this ship as far into the sunset as it will go with J.R. as captain. He's a great person and I doubt if you'll find anyone associated with the school who feels differently.

Quit making excuses or giving reasons as to why this backwoods school is winning games. There's lots of talent in this county. Let the girls play ball and let the season do the talking for them all.

I'll close this little ditty by stating that I know all of Hornetville finds it hilariously funny that ANYONE thinks someone - a referee, no less - is in our pocket! That one will live in infamy!
Ballhandler Wrote:OH MY.......We won and it really wouldn't matter what size ball we used they would say we cheated or something anyway.....It is going to be the same way when we go to Pike Central also....If Phelps wins over there what will be the excuses and if Pike Central wins , the REF cheated.....SO EVERBODY GET OVER IT.....ITS just a ballgame.......As for the transfers, IS PHELPS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS TRANSFERS........LMAO...I THINK NOT....SO GET OVER THAT TO.... :}

Most of the time transfers have to sit out a year because of the KHSAA (gulp/laugh) "rules". Not even Scott County's boys have that many transfers.
Phelps won a game that was hard fought.............there will be a re-match and Pike County Central will get their shot at them for the second time. Both teams played hard, won one, one lost..........now stop crying and if the Hawks think they will win the second time around so be, but we won't find out for another two months.

Phelps will improve a lot by February, so will PCC. It will be a good game and will be a battle............the girls will play it out on the floor just like they did this past Friday and fans will get on here and blame the refs, talk about the transfers from both sides, the hot dogs at the concession and who knows what else, but one thing it for sure...............they will be another winner and another loser, and if the good Lord is willing the sun will rise the next day. In the mean time to give you more to talk about.........let the head coaches go one on one.
Once again you all can't keep the thread on topic. Please note that there WILL be infractions issued for those of you who wish to keep this nonesense up.

This one is CLOSED!!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]