Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 76 - Powell County 50
14th region baketball is awesome!
This thread will be monitored so keep it clean!
Congrats Estill Co. Keep working hard Powell Co.
No Surprise, Congrats Estill.
did crowe play?
no not eligible..
Congrats Estill
Wow....I knew Estill would win....
I knew Estill would win, but not by this less. They should have beaten Powell by more. Estill just hasn't clicked yet. Good game 'Neers. And best of luck Powell....you all will need it.
I knew this would be a blowout because of the lack of experience for Powell. Look for the next game between these two to be closer but I still predict Estill by 10.
this was a breakout game for the Neers they were awesome everone got to play alot tonight and the D was great so no one needs to make room for any trophys just yet.
Picked this one! congrats EC
Powells coach made some bad choices as who is 6th man was. #11 - Austin M. he is a freshman and like 5 foot nothing. He is not really a good ball player. When he went it powell got down!
Powell got down before anyone went in Estill was up like 31 to 4 Estill had there jv team in the 1st qt with 4 mins left Estill came out on fire and never looked back this was a game Estill need to win big and they did Powell was never in this one.
Canttopthis Wrote:Powells coach made some bad choices as who is 6th man was. #11 - Austin M. he is a freshman and like 5 foot nothing. He is not really a good ball player. When he went it powell got down!

I agree completely. This kid is not good at all. He don't need to be playing for the varsity.
Cackling 16 points 9 assists 5 rebounds
Hoover 14 points 7 steals
14 players scored for Estill
i believe it is obious who the better team is, altough i have alot of faith in my PoCo boys they just have a long way to go. Stick in there guys and maybe if you get a diff coach next year, yall will be allrit.
Ky313 Wrote:i believe it is obious who the better team is, altough i have alot of faith in my PoCo boys they just have a long way to go. Stick in there guys and maybe if you get a diff coach next year, yall will be allrit.
I don't think the coach is the problem. As I have watched Powell's big men I did not think they could play very well against a team that had some size as well.
Congrats to estill...but powell did have a badd game. Great help off the bench from Jones he was behind Creech in scoring tonight..powell took a big loss when reed got hurt...what happened to him does anyone know????
slugger35 Wrote:I don't think the coach is the problem. As I have watched Powell's big men I did not think they could play very well against a team that had some size as well.

Had coach Lively not have became princible at stanton elementry Powell would have not lost those 2 players plus lively would have mad a team out of powell. I watched the game from the Estill side last night and Powell's coach never got up and yelled or try to coach them from the side lines. After powell got down he either stood there with his arms crossed or set down in his chair with his head hung to the floor.. What a coach
courtdog Wrote:Powell got down before anyone went in Estill was up like 31 to 4 Estill had there jv team in the 1st qt with 4 mins left Estill came out on fire and never looked back this was a game Estill need to win big and they did Powell was never in this one.

No that is not true if you were watching the game. Morgan Reed got his lip busted down in the paint no even 60 seconds after the game strated. That is when the #11 kid came him. So no powell was not down untill he came in.
Canttopthis Wrote:No that is not true if you were watching the game. Morgan Reed got his lip busted down in the paint no even 60 seconds after the game strated. That is when the #11 kid came him. So no powell was not down untill he came in.

Morgan Reed's injury may have made a slight difference in the outcome, but how much? He did play but was probably hampered by the injury. Estill's guards took over this game. Powell interior never showed up except for #42.

Hall will make 'em better.
True idk how much of a difference it would have made if he did not get hurt but im sure it would have helped Powells offense and deffence in the game. Coach Hall is doing fine, just give him time
It was evident, from the beginning, that Estill was just too much for Powell.

I've read a lot of negative comments about Powell's coach, but I have to say this for him...when he took, I believe it was Arvin, out of the rest of the game for that intentional foul, that said ALOT about how he feels toward the game and how his players behave on the court. GOOD JOB COACH!!!
I like Powell co JV coach also maybe between the two of them they may being some class to this program that is needed real bad.
Estill still has alot to work on. Good game for them though. I figured they would won by more though since the 2 powell boys left.
Mario#1 Wrote:Estill still has alot to work on. Good game for them though. I figured they would won by more though since the 2 powell boys left.

Winning by more than 26 points???? Well, I am sure it would have been by more if the starting lineup stayed in the whole game....then if we did that, Estill would got accused of running up the score....but now, Estill is getting ridiculed because they didn't win by more???? hmmmm....I guess it is true, can't please everyone all the time.
THECHOZEN1 Wrote:Congrats to estill...but powell did have a badd game. Great help off the bench from Jones he was behind Creech in scoring tonight..powell took a big loss when reed got hurt...what happened to him does anyone know????
How many did Carlisle Creech have
Congrats Estill on the W!
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Carlisle Creech Had 16 Points Same As Cacklin. He Is Now Powell Countys Leading Scorer.

Here Are The Stats For Powell. C

reech 52 Points With Average Of 17.3

Conely 49 Points With an Average Of 16.3
Reed 28 Points With An Average Of 9.3
Arvin 22 With An Average Of 7.3
Jones 14 Points With An Average Of 4.6

What Does Everyone Think Of These Stats