Poll: Who has the best team in the state considering wins and overall performance?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Louisville
19.23%
Kentucky
42.31%
Western Kentucky
38.46%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Western Kentucky.....Best team in the state???
Win an impressive win over 3rd ranked Louisville, and Kentucky not playing their best right now; could WKU be the best basketball team in the state?
I think louisville is the best team in the state but right now id say western
WKU had another impressive win over Georgia, but I still don't think they're as good as Louisville or UK.
Kentucky is. They have played better teams.
Louisville is the best. WKU may have beat them but when they match up again it would be a different story I think.
If you go by who the have played and beat, and how they are performing, that would make WKU the best team.....but if each team played each other (louisville and wku again) then i would say Kentucky (if liggins starts) would be best, then Louisville ( which i think is overrated) Then WKU. But don't put me wrong, WKU aint no weak team, there getting better and better
I gotta go with WKU.
I am not saying this because I am a UK fan but I think that the Cats are the best team because of thir potenial.
I think that the UL-UK game will be close and UK MAY NOT win but this team has AMAZING potenial to develop over the next 3 months. A freshmen PG who is progressing quickly (4 year PG in the making), and an extremely talented freshmen in Miller who just has to have time to develop. Pair the experience taken away from every game and consistent play by PP and Meeks and defense of Harris and this team WILL win the SEC. All the state needs is patience. So even though WKU beat UL, I did not think UL was as good as #3 in the nation to begin (probably not even 10) but anyway as the season progresses, UK will prove to be a solid team.
Luigi#2 Wrote:I gotta go with WKU.

Luigi!?!? Are you kidding me?!?! Come on now?!?! Were brothers don't make me fight ya lol. Cool
I think that Louisville has the best team, but if the UK & UL were to play WKU 10x a year then the 'Toppers would win split the series with each IMO.

Slaughter & Pettigrew are beasts!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I think that Louisville has the best team, but if the UK & UL were to play WKU 10x a year then the 'Toppers would win split the series with each IMO.

Slaughter & Pettigrew are beasts!

I would have to agree with ya on this one pal.
UK is just too young and WKU still isn't up to the caliber of either school which means Louisville is probably the best. Now, I want UK to be the best and I believe in due time they will be, but the best overall right now is Louisville, because they just have better players and will probably end up in the final four, even though WKU beat them early this year. But, I believe WKU can become a top school if they can continue to build on what they done last year.
WKU will have the best record in the state this year, will prolly go deeper in the tourny than any other team also.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Since when is wku so great? They have been really good the past 2 years. This shocks me.. go hilltoppers lol
Jay#4 Wrote:Since when is wku so great? They have been really good the past 2 years. This shocks me.. go hilltoppers lol

They get the kids with heart from the state of Kentucky, also they are kids who wanted to play at UK or U of L and neither ever offered them and now they are making them pay.

Gillispie & Pitino should never pass on some of the states better players.
IMO Kentucky is the best. I'm not saying this cause i am a huge UK fan but to me Louisville hasn't proven anything to me. They lost to western and had to have an awesome 4th quarter to get past Lamar that Kentucky handled pretty well. Western is good but put them up against Louisville again and they would lose. If Kentucky can cut down on turnovers and actually get their offense on track i think they are no doubt the best in the state.
gotta go with the BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lville is the best team but not by much.
UK isnt gonna be pumped up to play VMI and Lville isnt going to against WKU.
Kentucky is.
Just because you live in KY dont mean every basketball player from here is awesome. I know you want to be proud that there from here but come on. There has only been 2 or 3 real good players come from KY in the last 10 years.