Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. 14 - Belfry 12
phs1986 Wrote:Your a "pirate faithful"... rain, sleet, hail or snow!!! ALL the way from TN... Big Grin

thats right, what she said,lol
phs1986 Wrote:Your a "pirate faithful"... rain, sleet, hail or snow!!! ALL the way from TN... Big Grin

tell your hubby thinks for letting me toot the horn..
cuppett777 Wrote:tell your hubby thinks for letting me toot the horn..

I will... haha... Well... you all got to "toot" it until somebody got HORN happy!!! LOL..... That's okay though... we always have next year!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Breathitt simply was the better prepared team who executed better. The Pirates made too many costly mistaked and missed opportunities.

Championship teams make plays.. tonight Breathitt proved they were a Championship team. My hats off to the Bobcats and Coach Hilton.. fantastic gameplan! You earned the victory tonight.

Breathitt was definitely better prepared.

However, once again very spotty play calling bites Belfry in the rear. We saw this questionable playing calling against Russel in 05'.....Central game last year....and now again Friday nite. Not too mention games of yester year against Bell and Highlands......

The turnovers and penalties certainly killed several opportunities.....of which there just isn't any excuse for. But I was most disappointed in the decision making of our coaching staff.......This was certainly not their best game.

From the decision to pass deep on 3rd and 5 which resulted in an INT to the decison to go for the blocked punt........both were a little mind boggling.
bucslover68 Wrote:First, this is in no way bashing Haywood, just analyzing some plays and the game. There is no reason not to go for two. Down 5, you go for two. That's the coaches rule and we didn't do it. If we do not get it, we are down 5. Contrary to what you say, the safety still would have put us within 3 at 14-11. Kicking the extra point at 14-9 gave us no help or advantage at all. Basically there is no difference, in football, with a 4 or 5 point deficit. On the punt, you always block it if you can. If the ball bounces our way, and stays in the endzone and we recover, then most likely we win the game. A coach would never tell his player to just run around in the endzone, because no advantage is gained. If he would have been tackled he could have fumbled and Belfry recovered or even if Breathitt recovered, then it still would have been a safety. Anyway, IMO the inability of Belfry to hang on to the football and score in the red zone was the real keys to the game.

I agree....we should have gone for two in that situation. From the very beginning...it just felt like that Belfry (staff and players) were off kilter.....And not largely due to Breathitt. I'm not convinced the staff had these kids mentally ready to play.

Breathitt played a great game...and Belfry fell flat.....
[quote=Sarrr]
The second was going after the last punt. If we don't go after that kick, we're down 4 on about the 35. I like our chances of getting a TD better from the 35.

QUOTE]

I'm not sure who made that ultimate decision....but it's a highly questionable one too say the least. It's very rare when you can block a punt in the endzone and have the ability to recover. I would have liked the odds much better if they would have been punting from the 5 or 10 yardline.
phs1986 Wrote:I will... haha... Well... you all got to "toot" it until somebody got HORN happy!!! LOL..... That's okay though... we always have next year!!!

yea i just tooted it on the field goal,lol
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:He is very good, and I respect your opinion and understand that saying he is the best is very bold, but he does have more potential than most in the state as far as going to a D1 school and doing well......I respect the RB's from the other schools, but there are not many that have the size to go along with the speed and awareness.....I do not know if he is the best, but he is better than most.....

He stands a better chance going D1 as a linebacker or at another position.....but not as a RB. I guess it's conceivable he could transition to Fullback....but...I still say his opportunity lies somewhere besides in the backfield.
Great game here Friday night. Congrats for Breathitt and a heartbreaker for the Pirates. Good luck in state and bring the trophy back to the mountains.
Now, go to Louisville and bring back the Hardware!
Breathitt got lucky. Belfry had an off game.
I am really happy that Breathitt won. We totally deserved it.
Of course Breathitt came ready to play. No one is denying them of that. I just think that it's ridiculous to say that Belfry only wins against teams that are intimidated by them. Belfry is the most hated team in the district. There are always people hating on them. Period. It's because they are tough and hard hitting. Breathitt obviously played a better game...thus the reason they won...duh! I'm just saying, Belfry had a bad game but not because they were in shock because they finally played a team that was not intimidated by them. JC was predicted to win and didn't appear intimidated to me. Come on!
Play this game ten times and both teams will win 5 times.
This game was so exciting!

Breathitt's defense really got the job done Friday night & overall, the Bobcats just wanted it more!

Congrats to Breathitt & good luck against Central!
So someone explain to me the play that decided this game.

Did Breathitt take a knee?
If...Then Wrote:So someone explain to me the play that decided this game.

Did Breathitt take a knee?

Belfry had the ball at the Breathitt 30 with about a minute and a half left. Andrew Elkins took the snap, faked the handoff to Charlie Dotson, and started to run left with it, and then he fumbled, Breathitt recovered, and kneed it 3 times.
Come support the bobcats at STATE this Friday!!
C.Clair Wrote:Play this game ten times and both teams will win 5 times.

Nope.
phs1986 Wrote:I will... haha... Well... you all got to "toot" it until somebody got HORN happy!!! LOL..... That's okay though... we always have next year!!!

Just my opinion but that was poor sportsmanship to be tooting that horn when we was getting ready to snap the ball.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Just my opinion but that was poor sportsmanship to be tooting that horn when we was getting ready to snap the ball.

Well, it wasn't blown anymore after that situtation. It wasn't my hubby that blew it then. He only blew it when they ran out on the field and when they scored the 3pts.... I know what your talking about though and they didn't blow it anymore after that... BUT there were plenty blowing on Breathitt's side. I was in concession and could hear them from there..... IMHO its the same difference.... BUT like you said..... It's just my opinion....

Congrats and bring home the hardware!!

phs1986 Wrote:Well, it wasn't blown anymore after that situtation. It wasn't my hubby that blew it then. He only blew it when they ran out on the field and when they scored the 3pts.... I know what your talking about though and they didn't blow it anymore after that... BUT there were plenty blowing on Breathitt's side. I was in concession and could hear them from there..... IMHO its the same difference.... BUT like you said..... It's just my opinion....

Congrats and bring home the hardware!!

None on our side was blown during play but thanks for the reply.
lol i cant believe this thread is still going on lol both teams played with heart. Breathitt just wanted it more. Turnovers hurt the Pirates tremendously.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:None on our side was blown during play but thanks for the reply.

I am not going to argue with you in open forum but I was at that game too.... I know what I saw, I know what I heard and I did agree with you on the other horn issue. No need to get bent out of shape.

This thread has ran its course. It has turned into a bashing event. Congratulations to Breathitt County. Do your best at state and best wishes on a victory!!

CLOSED