May 120 yards rushing 1 interception
Way to go Pirates........Bring on the Blackcats !!!!!!!!:wenumber1
nice win pirates....i dread enxt week
Congrats Belfry!
Congratulations Belfry.
Best of luck next week against P-burg.

Pike Central, shew, what happened?!? lol
great game pirates....now its time for business:redboxer:
Man what a terrible second half for the hawks.. they couldn't get anything goin all game, but in the second half the defense went straight downhill...

But anyways.. congrats to the pirates.. good luck next week..

does anyone have any stats for merchant and varney?
football05 Wrote:nice win pirates....i dread enxt week
Now now FB. We stand a legitimate chance until Belfry scores. Smile
blackcatfan4life Wrote:Now now FB. We stand a legitimate chance until Belfry scores. Smile

:lol: TongueirateSho
You gonna be at the game BP? I;m anxious to finally meet you after all these years.
blackcatfan4life Wrote:You gonna be at the game BP? I;m anxious to finally meet you after all these years.

Buddy, I wish I could be.......I dont have a way in. I will not be back home until next week. I was just telling football I'd love to meet all you P'Burg ppl.
Man that sucks. What about playoff time if P-burg and Belfry shall happen to meet?
blackcatfan4life Wrote:Man that sucks. What about playoff time if P-burg and Belfry shall happen to meet?

I am using the last of my time off to come in for vacation the week of the 9th. I won't be off again until Christmas unless we go to State.Then I'd have to be "sick" that day....Smile Confusedhh:
BelfryPride Wrote:I was just telling football I'd love to meet all you P'Burg ppl.
Boy...that sounds like A LOT of fun Rolleyes

Smile
Beef Wrote:Boy...that sounds like A LOT of fun Rolleyes

Smile
:mad:
:lol:
My thoughts:
-Belfry was in cruise control from the start and could have easily put up 70 in this one if Haywood would have chosen to do so.
- May looks so much improved on both side sof the ball...he is lowering his shoulders and covering the ball on runs, he is reading very well on defense and is more agressive.
-Maynard is one of the 5 best all around players in AA football this year IMO. He is such ana gile runner and changes direction with such ease.
-What rgade is the Burton kid, the noseguard? He REALLY impresses me..he is a mixture of Phillip Varney and Michael Hackney. He lived in the Central backfield.
-Chapman and Maynard are overlooked for their defensuve ability...both are so good in run support and open field tackling.
-The Merchant kid from PC is a solid player and will be the enxt few years. Nice feet, agile, decent speed, and he really impressed me on defense with his nose for the ball. He made prolly half of the PC tackles.
-Watching Belfry it is obvious how young they are...but it is also obvious how unbelievably talented they are. This team is a few paces ahead of where I figured they would be and their potential is through the roof.
-The exact reaosn the PC program is second rate at best is not on the field...its in the stands. Homecoming, vs. the defending two time state champs,,, you are driving on the games first drive..and then you recover a botched punt at around the 20...and your fans (who are outnumbered) makes no noise.... until Central's football team gets the support from the administration and community they will NEVER be on the same level as Belfry.
Bobby Burton is a junior
Congrats on the win Belfry. I hope you all blow out Pburg next week!!
Good win for Belfry, keep on rolling.
Isonator Wrote:Congrats on the win Belfry. I hope you all blow out Pburg next week!!
:boosign: :ChairHit: :flame: TongueirateSku
blackcatfan4life Wrote::boosign: :ChairHit: :flame: TongueirateSku

:lmao: i dont think it will be a blowout bcf4l....should be a dandyTongueirateSho
orisonspi Wrote:My thoughts:
-Belfry was in cruise control from the start and could have easily put up 70 in this one if Haywood would have chosen to do so.
- May looks so much improved on both side sof the ball...he is lowering his shoulders and covering the ball on runs, he is reading very well on defense and is more agressive.
-Maynard is one of the 5 best all around players in AA football this year IMO. He is such ana gile runner and changes direction with such ease.
-What rgade is the Burton kid, the noseguard? He REALLY impresses me..he is a mixture of Phillip Varney and Michael Hackney. He lived in the Central backfield.
-Chapman and Maynard are overlooked for their defensuve ability...both are so good in run support and open field tackling.
-The Merchant kid from PC is a solid player and will be the enxt few years. Nice feet, agile, decent speed, and he really impressed me on defense with his nose for the ball. He made prolly half of the PC tackles.
-Watching Belfry it is obvious how young they are...but it is also obvious how unbelievably talented they are. This team is a few paces ahead of where I figured they would be and their potential is through the roof.
-The exact reaosn the PC program is second rate at best is not on the field...its in the stands. Homecoming, vs. the defending two time state champs,,, you are driving on the games first drive..and then you recover a botched punt at around the 20...and your fans (who are outnumbered) makes no noise.... until Central's football team gets the support from the administration and community they will NEVER be on the same level as Belfry.

I completely agree with that last statement... I was noticing this myself.. For some reason no one would get excited about the game.. and it's got to be hard for the players to go out and play and see their own fans just hanging out not cheering for them... then i also noticed that when the cheerleaders tried to do the stand up cheer that not a soul stood up.. The fans need to get behind their team a little better that what they did..
It isn't fair to the kids at PC...these guys are busting their humps everyday in practice and doing their best to gain respect and change PC"s fortunes...but what they can do can only go so far...there are so many intangibles that has to be in place to take them the rest of the way.