Poll: WHO WINS IT
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
PHELPS
51.61%
PCC
48.39%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps vs. Pike Central - Dec.12th
I hope the game will not be cancelled
sports_gurl Wrote:I hope the game will not be cancelled

The game will be ugly, it will be sloppy and when its at Phelps it won't be real smooth with the stripes. PC will win 52-44. Neither team is very special right now and may not be overly powerful by the end of the year. It won't be wild and it won't be crazy because neither team is very good right now. If it becomes an up and down contest then the last transfer to Phepls won't factor in the game at all. Bottom line.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Guys look, lets set the record straight here. Yes, I had some girls go to New York, they left Thanksgiving Day and got back Tuesday evening. They missed two practices. Will they be punished, yes, did it hurt us last week, probably, but I will never harshly punish a kid(s) that have a once-in-a-lifetime chance to go to New York and see another part of the country. Don't worry they have made up what they missed. The Gatlinburg trip was a school trip to compete in a national competition, only one varsity girl went and we didn't have practice on Friday because of my sickness and my wife's surgery the day of the LCC game. Once again I will n

Yes, I am playing with a professional team, but I don't have to go to any practices because I have been playing with the same guys for three years and we run the same stuff. The team owner knows that I coach and I will not miss any game/practice time with my team for the professional team. What does what I do on my personal time have to do what you guys think about me anyway. I guess you all should punish me because I like to read for hours at a time or do my family genealogy as well.

As far as someone bringing up how long I practice, we go for anywhere between 1:20-1:40 minutes a day, enought time for me to get done what I need to with the girls. That time frame is just part of my coaching philosophy at this point in time and how I believe I should do things.

Yes, I do have assistants, one is my wife, the other also coaches the cheer and dance teams at Phelps. We had to cancel practice and the game on Monday because my wife had surgery (if anyone needs to know why for clarification - I will explain in a minute) and my other assistant was gone to the dance competition in Gatlinburg. Once again I apologize to all who I offended by not being able to practice.

Finally, lets remeber that this is just a game, in the overall scheme of things, we should not be talking about kids and coaches like some of us have been. Granted you have your opinion and you should be able to speak it, but try to do it in a positive manner. Some of you have kids, just remember what it would feel like if they were being talked about on here as some statements in threads on this website. As for me, I really don't care what people have to say about me. I know what I do for my girls and how I treat them. The thing that really bothers me is that my wife and I are going through a tough time in our lives right now and seeing things that are untrue or "half-truths" on here bug me a little. My wife and i have wanted to have kids for a while and we were recently told our only option is In-Vitro Fertilization, which we are currently in the process of trying. As far as trying to come up with money to afford this and then seeing my wife struggle with taking shots, other medications, and painful surgeries to prepare for it, we have been a little stressed. Now I don't explain the "fools" on here to understand where I am coming from, but some of you others I hope would be kind enough to take it easy on these girls and their coach for a while and try to understand that life should be enjoyable and this game that these girls play is just a game. It is not life and death. I am reminded everyday how precious life and having a child is and I will never take that for granted or talk about someone who I have no idea what they are going through or what their life is like. Remember, everyone is different, they do things different, just because we don't like it, why should we think that is the wrong way to do things. What amazes me is that all of this is over a game, remember life is full of twists and turns. We should all just try to make the best of it and enjoy it!!

Keep your head up coach. I hope everything works out for you and your family.
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Guys look, lets set the record straight here. Yes, I had some girls go to New York, they left Thanksgiving Day and got back Tuesday evening. They missed two practices. Will they be punished, yes, did it hurt us last week, probably, but I will never harshly punish a kid(s) that have a once-in-a-lifetime chance to go to New York and see another part of the country. Don't worry they have made up what they missed. The Gatlinburg trip was a school trip to compete in a national competition, only one varsity girl went and we didn't have practice on Friday because of my sickness and my wife's surgery the day of the LCC game. Once again I will n

Yes, I am playing with a professional team, but I don't have to go to any practices because I have been playing with the same guys for three years and we run the same stuff. The team owner knows that I coach and I will not miss any game/practice time with my team for the professional team. What does what I do on my personal time have to do what you guys think about me anyway. I guess you all should punish me because I like to read for hours at a time or do my family genealogy as well.

As far as someone bringing up how long I practice, we go for anywhere between 1:20-1:40 minutes a day, enought time for me to get done what I need to with the girls. That time frame is just part of my coaching philosophy at this point in time and how I believe I should do things.

Yes, I do have assistants, one is my wife, the other also coaches the cheer and dance teams at Phelps. We had to cancel practice and the game on Monday because my wife had surgery (if anyone needs to know why for clarification - I will explain in a minute) and my other assistant was gone to the dance competition in Gatlinburg. Once again I apologize to all who I offended by not being able to practice.

Finally, lets remeber that this is just a game, in the overall scheme of things, we should not be talking about kids and coaches like some of us have been. Granted you have your opinion and you should be able to speak it, but try to do it in a positive manner. Some of you have kids, just remember what it would feel like if they were being talked about on here as some statements in threads on this website. As for me, I really don't care what people have to say about me. I know what I do for my girls and how I treat them. The thing that really bothers me is that my wife and I are going through a tough time in our lives right now and seeing things that are untrue or "half-truths" on here bug me a little. My wife and i have wanted to have kids for a while and we were recently told our only option is In-Vitro Fertilization, which we are currently in the process of trying. As far as trying to come up with money to afford this and then seeing my wife struggle with taking shots, other medications, and painful surgeries to prepare for it, we have been a little stressed. Now I don't explain the "fools" on here to understand where I am coming from, but some of you others I hope would be kind enough to take it easy on these girls and their coach for a while and try to understand that life should be enjoyable and this game that these girls play is just a game. It is not life and death. I am reminded everyday how precious life and having a child is and I will never take that for granted or talk about someone who I have no idea what they are going through or what their life is like. Remember, everyone is different, they do things different, just because we don't like it, why should we think that is the wrong way to do things. What amazes me is that all of this is over a game, remember life is full of twists and turns. We should all just try to make the best of it and enjoy it!!

NUFF SAID!!!!!GO LADY HORNETS....!!!
YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT MAKES THIS GAME CRAZY???? THE FANS.. THE STUDENT BODY ,and most of all.... COMMENTS MADE ON HERE...LOL if you want to add fuel to an already" hyped" game between the lady hornets and lady hawks just post here ..and to me some of the comments posted are just motivation for the players who read it..and others are just plain silly...hurtful and spiteful some need to remember these are daughters and sons of very proud parents of all the teams in any sport.
yes it will be a very good game no doubt ,,and when it's all said and done ..smart play smart coaching and team play will prevail....
coach vanhoose will have ALL under control i am very sure of that.

Smile
donathanhurley Wrote:this game is going to be CRAZY!
i can't wait to cheer on the LADY HORNETS!
It wouldn't matter if Coach J R. Practice 1 hour or 4 hours.....Sombody would have something to say about it....The 1 hour would not be long enough and the 4 hours would be working the crap out of the gurls....So I say Coach J.R. you do what you want.....Thats why they call you COACH.......enough said.....
phelps takes victory with a 67-54 win!
CONGRATS HORNETS!
keep bringin' on the wins!
Thread started with the score....

CLOSED

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]