Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 83 Magoffin 12
CatDawg Wrote:In years past I haven't felt that way especially towards Ashland. That was mainly due to them shooting off their cannon right beside an injuried player from LC while he was being placed in an ambulance. When APB has ran up the score on Lawrence it hasn't really bothered me that much because I knew we would most likely be able to rebound in the next year or so and pay them back.

This is the recent series between Ashland and Lawrence.
'98 - didn't play
'99 - Lawrence 58-28
'00 - Ashland 62-12
'01 - Lawrence 48-19
'02 - Ashland 28-16
'03 - Ashland 31-28
'04 - Ashland 34-16

Only one of these games was a legimate blowout and that was in '00. And still in this game the 45 point running clock rule was barely reached.

In reference to the cannon being shot off while an LC player was being placed in an ambulance, I apologize for that. I'm sure that the cannon was set up because of a successful play by Ashland, not because of an injury to an LC player. I wish I knew which exact game and time you were referring to and a video to see and I'd be able to much better explain why the cannon was set off near an injured LC player.
JKWON33 Wrote:About time Prestonsburg beat a quality opponent....lol. Anyway, congrats on the win and good luck next week because you'll need it. I think the score, well, isn't that bad. The coaches were just trying to get their points scored vs. points allowed equal....;-) It should've never been this bad, but I was wondering what the score was at the half. My buddy told me it was 63-6 or something of that nature, is there any truth to this??? Keep your heads up Magoffin, they'll get what's coming to them soon enough....a whipping by the hands of Belfry and an early loss in the playoffs on the road. Congrats once again Blackcats, but come on Coach D. have some class.
Who said that they was even going to make it to the playoffs?
tomcat68 Wrote:This is the recent series between Ashland and Lawrence.
'98 - didn't play
'99 - Lawrence 58-28
'00 - Ashland 62-12
'01 - Lawrence 48-19
'02 - Ashland 28-16
'03 - Ashland 31-28
'04 - Ashland 34-16

Only one of these games was a legimate blowout and that was in '00. And still in this game the 45 point running clock rule was barely reached.

In reference to the cannon being shot off while an LC player was being placed in an ambulance, I apologize for that. I'm sure that the cannon was set up because of a successful play by Ashland, not because of an injury to an LC player. I wish I knew which exact game and time you were referring to and a video to see and I'd be able to much better explain why the cannon was set off near an injured LC player.

Exactly what I meant by it not being that big of a deal in games between LC and APB because the other team would most likely have the chance for some payback down the road but with the Hornets situation down the road would be down the interstate several hundred miles. The current staff doesn't seem to be the same as the previous staff's. As for the cannon incident it happened I do believe in 2000. APB had a long play deep into LC territory did that most of the night and LC had a player injuried on the APB sideline. The medical staff began treating him and due to him being out of play for some reason the Ref's let play resume. On one of the next plays APB scored resulting in the cannon being shot off. This just happened to be the exact time that they were placing in into the ambulance directly infront of the cannon. A lot of this fault has to be placed on the ref's but the cannon operator had to see the ambulance I mean it was right infront of them.
CraftCreeker Wrote:Who said that they was even going to make it to the playoffs?

Yea i dont see them making it.
Alright guys, this is rediculous. :redboxer: The people that didn't attend the game have no right to post anything about class in this thread. Like FB05 said P-burg's starters played about 5 total series in this game.

What do you want them to do? Take a knee three plays then punt the ball? Smile
Isonator Wrote:Didnt the Setser kid start? i heard his name alot and if he is only a freshman he is a excellent player. But as Fatman said i also did see some of the starters from def in in the fourth. Magoffin is loosing players. Tonight you could barely tell that they had a bench. And the score was like 63-7 at half. And Pburg didnt take out most of the starters till after that.

Setser starts Defense, whether at corner, LB, or DE. He didn't get to play much offense, until Friday night and I think he had three TDs.
Anyone can make a comment Even if they did or didnot attend the game.
that is the purpose of our forums.
You or I may or may not like what is said but members have the right to voice their views
CatDawg Wrote:Exactly what I meant by it not being that big of a deal in games between LC and APB because the other team would most likely have the chance for some payback down the road but with the Hornets situation down the road would be down the interstate several hundred miles. The current staff doesn't seem to be the same as the previous staff's. As for the cannon incident it happened I do believe in 2000. APB had a long play deep into LC territory did that most of the night and LC had a player injuried on the APB sideline. The medical staff began treating him and due to him being out of play for some reason the Ref's let play resume. On one of the next plays APB scored resulting in the cannon being shot off. This just happened to be the exact time that they were placing in into the ambulance directly infront of the cannon. A lot of this fault has to be placed on the ref's but the cannon operator had to see the ambulance I mean it was right infront of them.

Gotcha CD. Thanks for clearing that up. The game was definently lopsided there for a few years going back and forth. West and Wright were just amazing ball players (Hossetter (sp?) should have never gotten skinny lol). As it was inferred in your post the cannon going off at that time was just a coincidence of the Ashland scoring play at the same time the young man was being placed into the ambulance.
Doc Holliday Wrote:Anyone can make a comment Even if they did or didnot attend the game.
that is the purpose of our forums.
You or I may or may not like what is said but members have the right to voice their views

That's not what I meant DH, I meant that the members that are posting about class and dogging P-burg dont realize and weren't there to realize P-burg played there Freshmen for about 3 out of the 4 quarters. How is that running up there score, what else should they do?
blackcat Wrote:That's not what I meant DH, I meant that the members that are posting about class and dogging P-burg dont realize and weren't there to realize P-burg played there Freshmen for about 3 out of the 4 quarters. How is that running up there score, what else should they do?

They should let this game go and get ready for next week.
tomcatnation Wrote:They should let this game go and get ready for next week.

I agree :thumb:
:High5:
LoL, the score was not ran up at all, Brandon Peters (starting halfback) played the First quarter only... 5 TDs came from Freshmen, I don't consider that running up the score.
football05 Wrote:VARSITY PLAYED first quarter and part of 2nd....coach d started pulling his started about half way through 2nd quarter and put 2 FRESHMAN running backs in the game....at the half it was 63-7.....and freshman/jv played more than varsity did......I think this is enough talking about running up the score tongiht......ashland beat pburg 55 9 pville onside kicked it twice beat us 42 21.......THE game is over lets stop talking about it......this is HS football.....let them play....if you was playing for the coachand he told you the plays would u be like no coach I FEEL SORRY for them idont wanna score......NO I THINK NOT......so the players done what was told i guess......but i talked to all the varsity guys and non of them was tired..b/c the JV/freshman played........

I wasnt at the game, but the radio announcers said that pburgs defensive starters were in when i was listening to the end of the first half. I personally think that its terrible since they were up over 50 points.
:yesno: This is how the thread seems to be goin. Wins a win and lets let it go congrats to p-burg and lets talk about next week. sigh
Good idea.
Yeah, Its about time for this thread to die. It's Sunday......lol