Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volleyball 2009
15th region- who else Belfry
mcharles3 Wrote:News to me i guess i'm out of the loop lol

Ahhh, mcharles3 you know it's just wishful thinking!!!!!! lol! Some people just don't have a clue......and did they ever stop to think that crap like this is what has caused their team to be down????? GROW UP people!!!!!!
From what i have heard from my niece, many would be happy with just the thought of this, never going to happen, rumor.
We need to add some 14th region to this. The cougars of Letcher County Central will be a team to look at. Can anyone tell me how many we lost last year, and who is going to pick up the slack?
cougarpride08 Wrote:We need to add some 14th region to this. The cougars of Letcher County Central will be a team to look at. Can anyone tell me how many we lost last year, and who is going to pick up the slack?

The cougars lost 4 sarters last year..........

A. Adams - the best setter in the region by far and the emotional leader of the cougars.

Katlyn Brown - Solid passer and a very aggresive hitter.

Kristen Griffy - Very Talented hitter, always hit the ball hard.

Kayla Sexton - IMO best overall player in the 14th always plays hard and rarely makes a mistake. One of the best serves in the area.

They do return some very talented players however. A 2 yr starter in Victoria Halcomb the past two yrs shes had the best hitting% on the cougars squad. Also Sierra Bates is the most athletic player on the cougar team and the best pure hitter. The dixon girl is a young but solid setter. Should be another good season for LCC volleyball bring home thier 4th straight regional title. Dickie is a great coach whether its volleyball or basketball he can always connect with his players and when neccesary strike the fear of GOD in them! Haha!
Kyboy13 Wrote:The cougars lost 4 sarters last year..........

A. Adams - the best setter in the region by far and the emotional leader of the cougars.

Katlyn Brown - Solid passer and a very aggresive hitter.

Kristen Griffy - Very Talented hitter, always hit the ball hard.

Kayla Sexton - IMO best overall player in the 14th always plays hard and rarely makes a mistake. One of the best serves in the area.

They do return some very talented players however. A 2 yr starter in Victoria Halcomb the past two yrs shes had the best hitting% on the cougars squad. Also Sierra Bates is the most athletic player on the cougar team and the best pure hitter. The dixon girl is a young but solid setter. Should be another good season for LCC volleyball bring home thier 4th straight regional title. Dickie is a great coach whether its volleyball or basketball he can always connect with his players and when neccesary strike the fear of GOD in them! Haha!

Yes, LCC is always on top in 14th region volleyball...

Be watching for PCC and Leslie though...

Leslie has a lot of talented youth returning for them in '09 & PCC is never too shabby themselves...
Pikeville's coach, Shelia Shull, will be leaving at the end of the school year. This is terrible loss for this upcoming team.
Where is she going?
volleygirl#50 Wrote:Pikeville's coach, Shelia Shull, will be leaving at the end of the school year. This is terrible loss for this upcoming team.

Is she leaving the area? I know she enjoys coaching. Pikeville has alot of talent returning.
snoopin Wrote:yes these girls could be amazing by their senior year...and with hopes of the new coach comin' in WITH THE KNOWLEDGE FOR THE GAME it could be a new beginning of a new day for Lady Hornets Volleyball
........:howdy:

Who is the "new coach comin' in WITH THE KNOWLEDGE FOR THE GAME"?
Is it true that Phelps's football coach's wife played college volleyball? Is she going to coach this coming season??? Her experience would be good for the team!!!
HORNET POWER Wrote:Phelps Will Have A Pretty Good Team In '09,the Girls Coming Up Have Lost Less Than 5 Games Each Year Since They Were In The 7th Grade.they Will Have A Young Team But They Play Well Together.phelps Has Been Winning More Games Each Year Than The Year Before So I Think They Will Surprise Some.

I'm sorry but Phelps is not going to get anywhere near the top of this region until some coaching changes are made. I see that they won't be getting a new coach anytime soon, but if this school cared anything about this program (and it's obvious they don't) then a new coach with knowledge of the game would be brought in. Because the ones they have now are obviously not getting the job done. With the loss of 4 starters it is definitely not Phelps' year.
phelps2002 Wrote:Is it true that Phelps's football coach's wife played college volleyball? Is she going to coach this coming season??? Her experience would be good for the team!!!

Yes, she played college volleyball. Her knowledge could take this team leaps and bounds above where its at now. But due to "circumstances" its hard to believe that she will actually get the chance to coach this team. Its sad really.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Pikeville will fight in the Regional Tournament, but they won't be Regional Champions this year. They're too young.

Belfry won't be as good as they used to be. (The loss of their best player)

I have Johnson Central winning, but it's debatable.

belfry has too much talent waiting in the wings and with mounts overseeing them belfry will be on the top.
catzfan5 Wrote:Yes, she played college volleyball. Her knowledge could take this team leaps and bounds above where its at now. But due to "circumstances" its hard to believe that she will actually get the chance to coach this team. Its sad really.

What kind of circumstances??
catzfan5 Wrote:I'm sorry but Phelps is not going to get anywhere near the top of this region until some coaching changes are made. I see that they won't be getting a new coach anytime soon, but if this school cared anything about this program (and it's obvious they don't) then a new coach with knowledge of the game would be brought in. Because the ones they have now are obviously not getting the job done. With the loss of 4 starters it is definitely not Phelps' year.

And the drama continues.Remember the coach doesn't hit the first ball in a game LOL
Volleyball is not rocket science people,move,cover,bump,set,spike,get your serves in without error,play as a team
mcharles3 Wrote:Volleyball is not rocket science people,move,cover,bump,set,spike,get your serves in without error,play as a team

if it where that easy then there would never be any winners or losers. those girls work very hard at what they do and should not be dismissed in such a way
vollyballer Wrote:if it where that easy then there would never be any winners or losers. those girls work very hard at what they do and should not be dismissed in such a way

Wasn't dissin on any of them, i know how hard they work wasn't intended to put any of them down, i was just saying to the one that posted about the coaches not knowing anything or not getting it done, i have 2 girls that play and i know how hard the girls work and i tell them if you give your all and your best then no matter what the score board says you are winners to me and yourself
If you were truly a "volleyballer" then you would know that is not a put down to any girl or player: it is the simple rules of the game. Phelps will have a great year this year IF all this crap stops. There is not going to be a new coach or a new coaching staff. Players will be coming back and we even have players coming back that has not played in awhile. These girls are excited about volleyball and all I can say shame on you for taking that away. If a player does not want to play for the coach then she does not have to play. It is all that simple. I am sure if the football coaches wife wanted to help during practices, Coach Fields would appreciate what advice she could give. But, the only people who have even spoken of this young lady has said things on here and no one has ever approached Coach Fields, not even this young lady herself. Seems everyone wants to sit and criticize our program, which in turn is criticizing the young ladies who plays this sport. You want to volunteer your time, then come to Coach Fields in the right way. Be a man/women and stand behind your words. As far as any of the Coaching staff knows, this young lady does not want anything to do with volleyball. So wake up people and let these girls have the season they deserve. These young ladies have been waiting a few years to be able to all play together again. Don't be foolish enough to ruin it for them because you can't keep you hands still enough not to spread rubish.
EXTERRA3 Wrote:If you were truly a "volleyballer" then you would know that is not a put down to any girl or player: it is the simple rules of the game. Phelps will have a great year this year IF all this crap stops. There is not going to be a new coach or a new coaching staff. Players will be coming back and we even have players coming back that has not played in awhile. These girls are excited about volleyball and all I can say shame on you for taking that away. If a player does not want to play for the coach then she does not have to play. It is all that simple. I am sure if the football coaches wife wanted to help during practices, Coach Fields would appreciate what advice she could give. But, the only people who have even spoken of this young lady has said things on here and no one has ever approached Coach Fields, not even this young lady herself. Seems everyone wants to sit and criticize our program, which in turn is criticizing the young ladies who plays this sport. You want to volunteer your time, then come to Coach Fields in the right way. Be a man/women and stand behind your words. As far as any of the Coaching staff knows, this young lady does not want anything to do with volleyball. So wake up people and let these girls have the season they deserve. These young ladies have been waiting a few years to be able to all play together again. Don't be foolish enough to ruin it for them because you can't keep you hands still enough not to spread rubish.

Well said...I know the coaching staff there works hard to improve their coaching abilities as well as their players
EXTERRA3 Wrote:If you were truly a "volleyballer" then you would know that is not a put down to any girl or player: it is the simple rules of the game. Phelps will have a great year this year IF all this crap stops. There is not going to be a new coach or a new coaching staff. Players will be coming back and we even have players coming back that has not played in awhile. These girls are excited about volleyball and all I can say shame on you for taking that away. If a player does not want to play for the coach then she does not have to play. It is all that simple. I am sure if the football coaches wife wanted to help during practices, Coach Fields would appreciate what advice she could give. But, the only people who have even spoken of this young lady has said things on here and no one has ever approached Coach Fields, not even this young lady herself. Seems everyone wants to sit and criticize our program, which in turn is criticizing the young ladies who plays this sport. You want to volunteer your time, then come to Coach Fields in the right way. Be a man/women and stand behind your words. As far as any of the Coaching staff knows, this young lady does not want anything to do with volleyball. So wake up people and let these girls have the season they deserve. These young ladies have been waiting a few years to be able to all play together again. Don't be foolish enough to ruin it for them because you can't keep you hands still enough not to spread rubish.

Why will no one approach the coaches wife. Do they not want her help?
As I said, she has never expressed she wanted to help. She has attended several high school volleyball games and still .......... The only people who have even talked about her are people who are on here and of course, under different names. As far as I know there is not a person on the coaching staff that has expressed one way or another about her helping or not helping. Fact is, these people keep bring her up but no one has ever talked to Coach Fields about it and she is the one who makes the decissions when it comes to the volleyball teams. So, my advice to who ever is ----if this lady wants to help then she needs to go to Coach Fields, otherwise I think this topic is over. There is not any reason for people to keep talking about this, and russel people's feathers, when it all comes down to this lady and if she talks with Coach Fields.
To hear it from some of the parents, players, and those in the community it seems as if Coach Fields does not want her help. I think it would be wonderful for her to help but she probably does not want to overstep her boundaries. I hope something works out.
Millard Middle school is real real good..
I go to school there and they have a lot of talented players..four of them were good enough for the east ridge team so yeahh
Where did she play at and do they know each other? If someone wanted to help they should let it be known to the head coach...much like getting or applying for a job...then there are requirements and procedures to go thru in order to coach...this is from the board and state.
I believe she played at Pikeville College. Some times she wears Bryan Station clothing so I am assuming she played there. I also heard she played club ball all four years of high school. But this is just what I have heard.
Tin Cup Wrote:Well said...I know the coaching staff there works hard to improve their coaching abilities as well as their players

I appreciate that coming from you, i always have looked up to you. alot of people doesn't realize how much goes into being a coach or an assistant or as a volunteer yea i do it for my kids but i also do it for everyone else also, i love the game and the girls as if they were my own yea i'm still learning and i dont care to learn either
mcharles3 Wrote:I appreciate that coming from you, i always have looked up to you. alot of people doesn't realize how much goes into being a coach or an assistant or as a volunteer yea i do it for my kids but i also do it for everyone else also, i love the game and the girls as if they were my own yea i'm still learning and i dont care to learn either

Thanks for the kind words...keep that attitude...I'm still learning too and in my case never too old as the saying goes. Your absolutely right about the time factor, it's easily an hour off the floor per coaching hour on.
Tin Cup Wrote:Thanks for the kind words...keep that attitude...I'm still learning too and in my case never too old as the saying goes. Your absolutely right about the time factor, it's easily an hour off the floor per coaching hour on.

No problem ole buddy,