Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Prestonsburg??
SO pburg doesnt have a chance LOL even if we beat belfry...
Well we do if P-burg beats Belfry and SC loses to SV and Belfry. Then we would win district given the fact we win the rest of the district games.
ok i was thinking that but wasnt sure...what ya into buddy?
IF is the biggest word right now in prestonsburg.......IF a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his ass everytime he jumped lol......
Bat Masterson Wrote:Not exactly, a loss in your out of district schedule doesn't hurt you, it just doesn't help you any, and it only matters in a 3 way tie situation.

If there is a 2 way tie, then the winner of the head to head matchup gets the district title.

In the 3 way tie, if either of the 3 teams has beaten the other two, then that team wins the title. If all three teams have beaten each other (SC beats Pburg, Belfry beats SC and Pburg beats Belfry) then it comes down to non-district wins.

In that case, you get one point for every win by any non district opponent that you have beaten. And the team with the most points is district champ.

For instance, if Belfry beats Pikeville and Lawrence Co, and loses to Henry Clay and Ironton. And Pikeville has 7 wins and LC has 3, then Belfry would get 10 points.

Pburg didn't win any non-district games and so they would get 0 points

If SC beat Fairland and Knott Co, they would get points for each win that Fairland and Knott has. Say Fairland won 7 and Knott won 4 games, then SC would have 11 points and would win the district.

Second and third place would then be decided by the head to head battle between Belfry and Pburg. In this case, Pburg would be 2nd and Belfry would be 3rd.

Of course that is all hypothetical, but that is how it works.
What he said... lol
Lets do some hypothetical thinking:
Say Belfry loses to Pburg by 2 points.... then Belfry beats Sheldon Clark by 2.

All three teams then run the table in the district and Pburg finishes 5-5, SC finishes 7-3 overall, and Belfry finishes 7-3 with a loss to Ironton also.

Now we have three teams with one loss in district play who has defeated each other by 2 points in every case.... at this point would the tiebreaker involving out of district opposition come into play? If so... and say Belfry non-district wins (Pikeville and LC) win less games than the SC non-dstirct winners? Then SC wins the district title although the lost to Belfry?

Same situation except Belfry beats Ironton,,,then the Pirates are crowned the district champs with their 8-2 record and a ton of non-dstrict tiebreaker points?

Does the margin of victory even matter in this? Could Pburg beat Belfry by 3, then Belfry only beat SC by 1, and the Blackcats suddenly be the champs? Or could Belfry lose by 7,,, then turnaround and beat SC by 14 and be the district champs just from that?

As I mentioned earlier...I REALLY hope the Ironton game doesn't put all of our major playoff hopes on the line.
I dont think it matters how many points you beat someone....its who you win/lose to....i hope i read that correctly?
Does the quality of the non-district games come into play, like say, in 1A if there is a 3-way tie for first, paintsville has played alot of weak opposition and pikeville has played a really tough non-district schedule, but Paintsville has more non-district wins than Pikeville has, who would be the champ of this, if Hazard were in a 3-way tie with Pikeville and Paintsville

I'm so confused by the way, lol
Bat im sure you can tell us all....heck I bet your typing it up right now to give us a 3 page explanation LOL your the genious here
Well, Belfry can avoid all of this if they take care of buisness with Sheldon Clark & Prestonsburg.
It's really confusing....so lets not think about it unless it happens...lol...so many records that you have to look at.

But I did it for Class A if it were to happen -- GO HERE -- This should help you understand what happens. Hopefully :thumb:
In my opinion,Pburg needs a lil more work to be able to take on Belfry. But we shall see Smile
Welcome to the site Rocky :welcome:
How do i change that im a teeballer? lol
Thanks Beef
Overall record doesn't play into it, just district record.
Margin of victory has nothing to do with it either.

If all 3 teams tie with identical records, and they each have beaten each other, then the tie breaker comes into play.

The only thing that matters then is how many point you get for your non district wins. See Beef's explanation in the thread he linked to above. He nailed it.
Rocky Wrote:How do i change that im a teeballer? lol
Post...they change automatically
So the tiebreaker points stay the same no matter how strong or weak each non-district opponent is?
I will be there decked out in all red body paint, hair color red, red boxers on, and a pirate flag tied around like a cape.......
Great should be a killer game...
Go cats
Welcome to the board Rocky....glad to have another Belfry fan here
Red and Black Wrote:So the tiebreaker points stay the same no matter how strong or weak each non-district opponent is?
Yup...but if you can beat those strong non-district oponents then their wins over other teams will help you. That's the plus to it :thumb:
Red and Black Wrote:So the tiebreaker points stay the same no matter how strong or weak each non-district opponent is?

Sort of...

If you beat Jenkins, you're not going to get many points, because they aren't going to have many wins. But if you beat Pikeville, you will get several points because Pikeville will have several wins.

If it comes down to it, the Ironton game for Belfry will be huge because the Tigers will have several wins. Likewise, Sheldon Clark would be cheering for Fairland Oh the rest of the season so they could rack up more points.
Hey Blackcats......FROZONE gonna lead the PIRATES to your endzone.....pirates by as much as they want!!!:wenumber1 :moon: :redboxer:
blackcatfan4life Wrote:P-burg of course. They are gonna be ready. 2 weeks of practice should get them ready for this game.

they have been practicing the last 2 years and aint got the job done
frozone Wrote:Hey Blackcats......FROZONE gonna lead the PIRATES to your endzone.....pirates by as much as they want!!!:wenumber1 :moon: :redboxer:

Welcome to the board FROZONE !!!!

I hope your prediction for a big Belfry win is right !!!!:thumb:

Go Pirates !!!!:Skull03:
frozone Wrote:they have been practicing the last 2 years and aint got the job done

I don't think there was any need for that, he was just stating his opinion. But you are correct, P-burg's hardest week of practice comes before they play Belfry every year and they just can't seem to beat them. Should be a great game this Friday.
Well guys this is BELFRY week and no one really getting into any action...WHATS WRONG with you all......this is one of the biggest rivalries in the state....Thank you frozone for tying to get everything started I would like this thread to reach over 200 post count but I dont see it happening.....Its like this year no one cares.......WHATS WRONG THIS YEAR NO ONE IS ARGUEING OR IN HEATED DISCUSSIONS....thats what makes it a RIVALRY game.....NO im not saying come in here and start cussing someone out or taking it to extreme measures but people lets have some discussions freindly style...................
I guess it's because Belfry & P'Burg seem to match up welland have almost identical records. This year it's lost some if the spark because on paper it's a mismatch. Belfry is 5-1. Prestonsburg is 1-5....thats a big difference. I still believe the game will be closer than some think. And for the third time I have said this....This game scares me alot.
i haven't been able to watch Belfry play this year. how did they adjust to the loss of two of the best runningbacks in the state in jones and howard? also what happened to howard? i heard he went to Pikeville College but after watching play in last years state game i figured he should have went somewhere bigger.
LCwildcatJR Wrote:i haven't been able to watch Belfry play this year. how did they adjust to the loss of two of the best runningbacks in the state in jones and howard? also what happened to howard? i heard he went to Pikeville College but after watching play in last years state game i figured he should have went somewhere bigger.

We have adjusted quite well. We have Dustin May, Matt Maynard & Corey Chapman in the backfield. Our entire offensive and defensive lines are back from last year. Our secondary is a little young but coming along real good now.

Doug Howard went to Pikeville College and David Jones went to Kentucky.