Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Prestonsburg??
well I would guess most of the time the Linebackers are looking for the sweep or something from the halfback and coach haywood loves to run BELLY DIVE with his FB's. If i was a betting man thats what I would bet on johnsmith......he us just runs a hardnose running football team and is really good at it....i guess you can say it catches the other team off guard a little bit, then when they expect the FB dive again he runs a sweep play or option and goes for 6.......
johnsmith Wrote:why does Belfry's fullback get more carries than the halfbacks?

The belly series and triple option feeds off establishing the fullback. Next time you watch them play, watch the linebackers and tackles on the defense when Belfry has the ball. Everytime that fullback takes the handoff up the middle, the LB and T have to respect it or he will run it right up the middle for big gains.

Then when they fake the fullback and run the option, or give it to the 2nd back on the belly outside of the tackle and it goes for a big big gain, you can be thankful that the fullback has been doing his job all night.

I'd rather watch a more balanced offense that throws the ball some, but you can't argue with the succes Coach Haywood has had over there. And if you understand it, his offense can be a lot of fun to watch.
well put BAT....mine was similar but yours was pretty much spelled out..and most of the time the big big gain will put you 6 on the score board if the other team is poor at tackling......
i like Belfry by 3 td's:wenumber1
Welcome to the site shoestring, glad to have another Piratefan here with us !!!!
I still say it's gonna be a bloodbath.

"The Blood is gonna Flow, like the Rivers of Ancient Babylon"
Now that it's gameday:

Prediction: Belfry 28
PBurg 7

Analysis: The only thing that will cause Belfry to lose is Belfry. The Pirates have an advantage in talent, advantage in team speed, advantage in consistency, advantage in the trenches, and have proven themselves through the course of the year. The Blackcat defense has been torched a few times and their offense has struggled as well. Shafer has struggled in his career vs. Belfry and expect the same to happen again. The Blackcats will hang tough but too much Belfry advantages to overcome.
orisonspi Wrote:Now that it's gameday:

Prediction: Belfry 28
PBurg 7

Analysis: The only thing that will cause Belfry to lose is Belfry. The Pirates have an advantage in talent, advantage in team speed, advantage in consistency, advantage in the trenches, and have proven themselves through the course of the year. The Blackcat defense has been torched a few times and their offense has struggled as well. Shafer has struggled in his career vs. Belfry and expect the same to happen again. The Blackcats will hang tough but too much Belfry advantages to overcome.

I agree
Shaffer isnt playing QB guys he is playing TE now....Bobby Hughes is playing QB....Shaffer playes TE and LB......
BP...get back to work!!!
this started after the ashland game, bobby played QB against sheldon clark...they are using shaffer as a blocker now and it seems to be working pretty good.....
he told me hes on break beef
We can't have that....he needs to work!! SLACKER!!! Confusedleep:
So who all is going to the PRESTONSBURG BELFRY game tongiht?
:nope:
would u have went tonight if you was in pikeville?
Ummm..maybe...since pikeville has anready played....:thumb:
football05 Wrote:So who all is going to the PRESTONSBURG BELFRY game tongiht?

Check out this thread football05. It will show what games a lot of people are attending tonight. I believe a lot of the members plan on meeting at the Belfry-P-burg game this evening. I notice you hadn't posted on it since yesterday afternoon.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/extreme3/...hp?t=12294
thanks tomcat...i noticed that thread earlier just didnt post anything....I was wondering if someone might not of saw that thread and was reading in here or someting....wasnt trying to take away from ya thread man just curious
It is all good, man. just trying to keep it all posted in one place. Maybe people will see the thread and post it there or in both places making it easier for everyone to see and find.
orisonspi Wrote:Analysis: The only thing that will cause Belfry to lose is Belfry. The Pirates have an advantage in talent, advantage in team speed, advantage in consistency, advantage in the trenches, and have proven themselves through the course of the year. The Blackcat defense has been torched a few times and their offense has struggled as well.

IYO :thumb:
Beef Wrote:BP...get back to work!!!

:boosign: :nope: :insane:
How many fans is belfry gonna bring ? I hope they bring alot because they usally do to any of there games. I want to see a good atmosphere tonight!
blackcat_student Wrote:How many fans is belfry gonna bring ? I hope they bring alot because they usally do to any of there games. I want to see a good atmosphere tonight!

You can guarantee the Pond Creek Nation will be there in full force tonight !!!

Go Pirates !!! :wenumber1 Tongueirate04: :Skull03:
Thats good battle of who is going to be louder ?
I'd say that Prestonsburg vs. Belfry has some of the highest attendance showings in all of 2A if not the highest... I'm not giving a prediction, but I'm P'burg born and raised so I'm hoping the Cats can pull it out.
This is my call: Belfry 47- Pburgh 8 !! Im done Smile