Overtime
Hoover hit a 3 for Estill to send it to Overtime
Cackling 24 pts and 5 assists
Hoover 20 points and 6 rebounds for Estill

Hazard
24 points for Whitaker
13 for Jones and 12 for Warren

Hazard won the game on the Offensive boards
This game was a dandy and a great way to kick off basketball season. Hazard led most of the game...if not the whole game but Estill wasn't about to give up. I think Hazard played great not to have all their players. It was nice of a couple of PCC's assistant coaches to miss their own game to come watch the Dawgs play. Big Grin

CONGRATS DAWGS!!!!!
This was without the football players right?....Congrats Dawgs!
MVP2 Wrote:This was without the football players right?....Congrats Dawgs!

Right, no football players allowed on the team yet. lol
I predicted the dawgs in close one.
Congrats Dawgs!!!
This is defiantly a momentum booster for Estill County!

Congratulations to Hazard!
Sounded like a good game EC!
Congratulations Bulldogs! Considering the fact we had NO FOOTBALL PLAYERS on the floor and started two eigth graders (who incidentially played nearly the entire game) I think we made a good showing for ourselves. Hats off to Estill County...they will be a team to watch out for later on into the season!

Go Bulldogs!!!
Sounds like a good game. Good luck to each team this season. Estill will get better they are going to b a team to watch this yr.
Good Game estill and hazard
Great game and good win for Hazard without their football players !! GO DAWGS!!!!
It's ok this was just a warm up game now we are goin to start rollin and no one will be able to stop us!
Who were the two 8th graders who played?
Jordon Olinger, the younger brother of Tyler Olinger our quarterback, and I believe the other young man is a Johnson.
This says alot about Coach Holland's Bulldogs. To beat a very talented Estill team playing 2 8th graders and without Kidd, Martin, Campbell, and Back would be tough. It should be fun to watch this team develop throughout the year. I think they will loose some games early but by post season they will be a hand full for any one across the state.
Playing the younger kids will only help Hazard down the road, it gives these kids experience!! I wish them all the best of luck!! Also, cograts to Estill Co., I felt they would be a team that would surprise a lot of people in the 14th!!
Cackling and Hoover scored 86% of Estill's points. 44 of their total 51. Wiseman and Singleton scored 1 free throw each. 5 points for the rest of the team.

Hazard's scoring was much more balanced even without several of their players. (although Whitaker, Jones and Warren are starters) Warren and Jones are interior players. It looks like Estill didn't get much in the paint while Hazard had an inside and an outside game.

Hazard 56 Estill Co. 51

Estill Co. 11 10 11 18 1 51

Hazard 15 17 4 14 6 56

HAZARD (1-0) -- Jones 12, Warren 14, Olinger 2, Johnson 3, Whitaker 25.
ESTILL CO. (0-1) -- Cackling 24, Singleton 1, Hoover 20, Wiseman 1, Coffey 5.
Estil played a great game but in the end Hazard was just a little to much. Great game.
Look for Estill to upset some teams this year!
ARC Wrote:Cackling and Hoover scored 86% of Estill's points. 44 of their total 51. Wiseman and Singleton scored 1 free throw each. 5 points for the rest of the team.

Hazard's scoring was much more balanced even without several of their players. (although Whitaker, Jones and Warren are starters) Warren and Jones are interior players. It looks like Estill didn't get much in the paint while Hazard had an inside and an outside game.

Hazard 56 Estill Co. 51

Estill Co. 11 10 11 18 1 51

Hazard 15 17 4 14 6 56

HAZARD (1-0) -- Jones 12, Warren 14, Olinger 2, Johnson 3, Whitaker 25.
ESTILL CO. (0-1) -- Cackling 24, Singleton 1, Hoover 20, Wiseman 1, Coffey 5.

Cacklin is a decent player but crowe will take his spot easy!!:1:
Estilll was lucky the football players for Hazard weren't playing.
Cacklin is a top player.
B-HEN#1 Wrote:Cacklin is a decent player but crowe will take his spot easy!!:1:

Why would he take his spot. Just add him to the lineup and make them have 3 great players that can score in the lineup instead of two. Makes a lot more sense to me.
Mike Hunt Wrote:Estilll was lucky the football players for Hazard weren't playing.

Hazard should be glad Estill's football players have been out for only a few days.
B-HEN#1 Wrote:Cacklin is a decent player but crowe will take his spot easy!!:1:

One hopes the cartoon at the end of this post is the poster laughing at his or her own post.
mandan Wrote:Hazard should be glad Estill's football players have been out for only a few days.

Oh yeah, I bet they are real glad, haha... They didn't even have half of their team, they looked like they were scared. Seriously, Hazard played them with 3 players, yes Estill made it a great game, but when Hazard gets all the rest of it's team and gets clicking after Christmas, I don't think Estill or anyone else will want any of the Bulldogs. Just my opinion, but they are the best team in this region right now. With Knott, Perry and Letcher a close 2nd.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Oh yeah, I bet they are real glad, haha... They didn't even have half of their team, they looked like they were scared. Seriously, Hazard played them with 3 players, yes Estill made it a great game, but when Hazard gets all the rest of it's team and gets clicking after Christmas, I don't think Estill or anyone else will want any of the Bulldogs. Just my opinion, but they are the best team in this region right now. With Knott, Perry and Letcher a close 2nd.

No doubt Hazard's the better team. You missed my point. If Estill's football players were in any type basketball shape, they might have beaten Hazard, who is without their football players.
sounds like both will be good..