Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boys Region 16 Soccer Tournament
..Here are the pairings for Region 16 boys.
I don't have a score on last night's match.

I do now have the Region 16 soccer pairings for boys.
It is being played at Johnson Central.
..Pairings are:
South Laurel vs. Johnson Central October 18 at 7:00 p.m.
Shelby Valley vs. Hazard October 18 at 9:00 p.m.
Perry Central vs. Belfry October 19th at 7:00 p.m.
Paintsville vs. Corbin is today October 17 at 9:00 p.m.
Semifinals will be Thursday October 21 at 7:00 and 9:00 p.m.
Finals are Saturday October 23 at 7:00 p.m.
bulldog149 Wrote:..Here are the pairings for Region 16 boys.
I don't have a score on last night's match.

I do now have the Region 16 soccer pairings for boys.
It is being played at Johnson Central.
..Pairings are:
South Laurel vs. Johnson Central October 18 at 7:00 p.m.
Shelby Valley vs. Hazard October 18 at 9:00 p.m.
Perry Central vs. Belfry October 19th at 7:00 p.m.
Paintsville vs. Corbin is today October 17 at 9:00 p.m.
Semifinals will be Thursday October 21 at 7:00 and 9:00 p.m.
Finals are Saturday October 23 at 7:00 p.m.
Paintsville v Corbin is Tuesday @9pm mistake on khsaa website.
South Laurel 2 Johnson Central 1 .....Final

Was a GREAT match!

Jc tied it up with about 12 mins left and then SL went ahead about 2 mins later. JC had their chances and Davis hd one that went off the side bar that would have tied it.
Way to start out the Regional Tourney! Exciting game!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Any score or update on the Hazard/Shelby Valley game?
bulldog149 Wrote:Any score or update on the Hazard/Shelby Valley game?
2-0 Shelby Valley
soccerdog Wrote:2-0 Shelby Valley

The 3 hour bus ride will take it's toll on South Laurel and Corbin, plus neither one is quite as good as they have been over the last several years. This may be the year that one of the other districts finally break through and win the region.,
Any scores on the boys games tonight?
Perry Central vs. Belfry
and Corbin vs. Paintsville
Belfry 4 Perry 3 - GREAT GAME! PCC starts a fight with Belfry at the end of the game during hand shakes. Rediculous ppl.

Corbin 2 Paintsville 1 - Double OT - Corbin scores in the first 5 min period of Sudden Death. EXCITING game to watch.

I will say that the Officiating was HORRIBLE! Saw a corner kick awarded to Corbin tonight, when the Corbin player took a shot that was higher than the football goal post. Was a blown call that kept Corbin on their end of the field and they scored about a min. later. Should have never came to that though. IMO the Tigers kinda slacked off after scoring in the first 2 mins of the game. Has been a pleasure watching this team this season. I love them ALL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Corbin and South Laurel in the final again. South beat Shelby Valley 4-0 and Corbin defeats Belfry 3-1. Corbin and South Laurel have to travel 3 hours to play each other when the schools are only 20 minutes apart.
if I was Johnson Central I would forgoe the match at home...take the door have it at North and give whom ever the concession to save on travel and get a better door for it...Just a thought though
SEKYFAN Wrote:Corbin and South Laurel in the final again. South beat Shelby Valley 4-0 and Corbin defeats Belfry 3-1. Corbin and South Laurel have to travel 3 hours to play each other when the schools are only 20 minutes apart.
Final- Corbin 3- Belfry 2
OffTheHook Wrote:Belfry 4 Perry 3 - GREAT GAME! PCC starts a fight with Belfry at the end of the game during hand shakes. Rediculous ppl.

Corbin 2 Paintsville 1 - Double OT - Corbin scores in the first 5 min period of Sudden Death. EXCITING game to watch.

I will say that the Officiating was HORRIBLE! Saw a corner kick awarded to Corbin tonight, when the Corbin player took a shot that was higher than the football goal post. Was a blown call that kept Corbin on their end of the field and they scored about a min. later. Should have never came to that though. IMO the Tigers kinda slacked off after scoring in the first 2 mins of the game. Has been a pleasure watching this team this season. I love them ALL.
It is hard to do anything when you are getting elbowed in the side, back, tripped and the refs are not calling anything. IMO I thought the Tigers fought til the end despite the lack of calls. From what I could tell Paintsville double Corbin in fouls and not to mention the numerous bad throw-ins called on them. Think Allen took them by surprise getting that goal in under 2 minutes. I applaud the Tigers on a Great Season!!!
South Laurel 2 Corbin 0-Final
South Laurel will represent Region 16.
Good Luck to them.
Well South did it again they beat Corbin and the Refs. Seriously, why is it everytime I see Corbin play do the refs look like they are paid off? I am sure they aren't, because that would be every game of every year. If it is that easy I will start takeing up a collection next year. I know everyone has favorites and those that they hate. But really how can this keep happening? I saw a kid about knocked out and then 2 minutes later the ref gave the ball back to corbin on a foul. Come on guys, there is a difference in letting the little things go and the big things. The big things cause people to get hurt and well I have seen big things all year.
OffTheHook Wrote:Belfry 4 Perry 3 - GREAT GAME! PCC starts a fight with Belfry at the end of the game during hand shakes. Rediculous ppl.

Another fight involving Perry Central. I am sure it wasn't their fault. LOL.
Da_truf Wrote:Well South did it again they beat Corbin and the Refs. Seriously, why is it everytime I see Corbin play do the refs look like they are paid off? I am sure they aren't, because that would be every game of every year. If it is that easy I will start takeing up a collection next year. I know everyone has favorites and those that they hate. But really how can this keep happening? I saw a kid about knocked out and then 2 minutes later the ref gave the ball back to corbin on a foul. Come on guys, there is a difference in letting the little things go and the big things. The big things cause people to get hurt and well I have seen big things all year.

You obviously do not like Corbin, so you see things in a biased manner. Corbin plays clean soccer, always have, always will.
I know this is a really late reply but what about the belfry comeback late in the game after a demoralizing (yet beautiful own goal by a belfry senior defender)? definitely a very exciting match to watch