Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Sports Guys" Tonight on 93.1 WDHR...Post Your Questions Here!!!
We're talking football tonight on "The Sports Guys"...Belfry vs. Breathitt County and Hazard vs. Lex. Christian in the state semifinals. We will recap games from this past week, lets here your thoughts on Prestonsburg, Johnson Central, Letcher Central, Pikeville and Sheldon Clark.

High School Hoops are in full swing this week...We'll breakdown some key early matchups.

UK Basketball picking up two wins over the weekend...Football dragging knuckles down the stretch...

Joe Kinzer is committed to Weight Watchers!

Post your questions guys...Show starts @ 8pm tonight on 93.1 WDHR and www.wdhr.com along with 104.5 FM www.ekbsports.com and www.ekytalk.com
If you could choose one of the following people to strand on a desert island, forever being banished, who would you choose:

- Steve Ortmayer
- Mike Hartline
- Michael Porter
Hats off to Charlie Banks of Letcher Central for being named PLAYER OF THE YEAR in class 5A District 8. Banks had 2000 + yards passing, 1100+yards rushing and accounted for 40 Touchdowns(20 passing, 20 rushing. He led his team to a 10-3 season and regional finals. For the past two seasons, he has thrown for 4000+yards, rushed for 1800+yards and accounted for 8o touchdowns . he has helped his team to a 21-5 record, a district title, a district runner-up, and two regional finals. he also kicked a two field goals in the regional semi-finals against Mercer Co.( the final one from 24 yards with .06 seconds on the clock.What a HEART !!!!!!!!!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If you could choose one of the following people to strand on a desert island, forever being banished, who would you choose:

- Steve Ortmayer
- Mike Hartline
- Michael Porter

Awesome stuff!!! Smile
I've always been a huge sports fan and admire sports announcers. I've often dreamed of being a sports announcer but really don't know where to start. My question is, How did all you guys get into sports broadcasting, and do you have any tips on how I could get stated? I've gotten pretty good with my "Mr. Microphone."
ps. I'll hang up and listen to your answer.
Rumors are flying around message boards that the Tennessee game was the last game that UK coach Rich Brooks will ever coach, meaning that the program will be put into Joker Phillips hands. Which would explain UK playing really flat in the UT game, a game in which they had two weeks to prepare for. Thoughts?
Whats your thoughts on Belfry\Breathitt? Can Belfry stop Haddix & Fugate?

BTW Joe, the underdog Oreo Pudding beat out the tailgate favorite Mud Pie in an upset!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BP - Joe has already ordered a Dairy Queen Reese Cup blizzard for tonight's show...He's using his excess weight watchers points early this week so I don't know how he'll shape up at the tailgate this Friday
How many points is Joe allowed?
35 a day. I have gained about four over the last two weeks. But I have stayed focus today including whenn I eat the Blizzard.
joethegreek Wrote:35 a day. I have gained about four over the last two weeks. But I have stayed focus today including whenn I eat the Blizzard.

lol Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
7pm or 8pm?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
8 p.m.
joethegreek Wrote:8 p.m.

thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Do you believe that the Mr. Football award should go to the best senior player, a player who has had a great 4 year career, or a kid who run up stats in lopsided games to reach records while the team concept wasn't considered.
I cannot get the wdhr link to work...
ANDREW did JAMMIE pay up on the bet?
No I did not!!! LOL He had forgotten about it until you just brought it back up!
That oreo pudding will be back this week Joe...lol. Save some points for Friday or use some of those extra 35 points!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Joe says "YYYEEEESSSSSS!!!"
It needs to be announced that Bobby Norman is gonna shave his head if Belfry does win it all. I believe he said the running backs could do the deed. Just wondered if Joe would do the same?
Good show...Thanks guys!!!