Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POW already decided
I dont have to see anyone else play tomrorow night I SAY RON BLUME OFFENSIVE player of the week HANDS DOWN..........

It was a huge game and he stepped up......and had a BUNCH of yards...... :big grin: CONGRATS JC......
I agree, 700 yards in 2 games is unreal, congrats Ron Blume
Congrats to Blume on another excellent game, BUT as they say: that's why they play the game. There are a number of players across the state who could explode for a huge game any given night and this may just be one of their weeks to do so. While Blume is way out and the lead and I don't forsee anyone catching up to him this week, lets give all of the kids a chance to prove their stuff this week before calling this an open and shut case.
We just can't give it to Blume every week. That would be unfair to everyone else. Although He puts up awesome numbers, we have to be as fair as possible to every player and every team.
Agreed. BP & TC68
At the end of the season are we going to have an offensive player of the year or anything? Maybe take the players who have won the award each week and let everybody vote? Because I'm sure Blume would have a great shot at it.. but I do agree that each player should only be allowed to win the weekly award once to make it fair
BelfryPride Wrote:We just can't give it to Blume every week. That would be unfair to everyone else. Although He puts up awesome numbers, we have to be as fair as possible to every player and every team.

BP, I thought the award went to the player who had the best performance of the week, hence, the player that helped his team win the most. And seeing that the Apple Bowl was probably the biggest game in the state this week and Blume had over 350 yards, I honestly dont see anybody competing with that. Unless someone rushes for over 400 or passes for over 400. Which is HIGHLY unlikely to happen. And come on, Blume is on a role this year, give credit where credit is due.