Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry stat...
Something I discovered today that I wanted to share.....

Since Belfry began playing in AA in 1999 the Pirates can lay claim as to their dominance in that class....

Belfry has amassed a 50-5 record since dropping to 2A football..... that is an astounding 91% win percentage!

Of those 5 losses, one came to eventual state champion Breathitt in 2002, it is worth noting that Belfry held the Bobcats to their lowets point total of the year and trailed only 6-0 until two INT's were returned for touchdowns in the final two minutes.

Two losses came to Pburg in the 2001 season,,, the Blackcats went on to a state runner-up finish.

Since the drop Belfry has won two state championships, two regional titles, two regional runner-ups, and 4 district titles.
WOW !!!......That is some awesome statistics. Its hard to find one team with that much dominance in one class. Its an honor to be right up there with such teams as Beechwood in 1A, Highlands in 3A and St.X in 4A

:wenumber1
IF, and I emphasize IF, the Pirates can make another run to Louisville with this young team...and with the talent coming back next year. it is plausible Belfry could be a true dynasty on par with what Boyle County was doing a couple years ago in 3A.
I am not ruling out another trip to Louisville this year. We may definitely be playing December football for the 3rd straight year.

Go Pirates !!!
Is that record against just AA competition or all competition?
tomcat68 Wrote:Is that record against just AA competition or all competition?

That's against Class AA competition.
Congratulations to Belfry.
Looks like years of hard work, tradition, and talents pays off.
Best of luck to them.
Very Impressive.. Thanks for sharing O
Wooo Wooo.... :lame:

j/k...thats a GREAT feat!! :Thumbs:
Will the AA classification last with the new school???
Woo Hoo!! I can barely remember the last time P-burg beat Belfry. Hey at least we done it. :Thumbs:
Since it was brought up:

Belfry has won a remarkable 42 of their last 45 games against KY competition!

They have won 46 of their last 50 as well! That's a win percentage of 92% in their last 50 games against KY teams regardless of class.

Belfry has amassed a record of 63-17 against KY competition from all classes since making the drop to AA. That's a 79% win percentage. This is even more impressive when considering Haywood's knack for playing one of the top 5 hardest schedules in the state in AA football on a year in year out basis. Names of some of the KY teams to have beaten Belfry in this time are:

Henry Clay (this season)- ended a 27 game win streak vs. Kentucky competition.
Boyd County
Breathitt County
Lawrence County
Pretsonsburg
Ashland
Ryle
Pikeville

Some Well-Known Teams Belfry has defeated since dropping:
Pikeville, Harrison County, Boyd County, Bourbon County, Tates Creek, Middlesboro, Breathitt County, Prestonsburg, Elizabethtown, Owensboro Catholic, Lloyd Memorial, Russell, Lawrence County, Ironton (OH)

Some lesser known names with some success in their history:
Montgomery County, Madison Southern, Estill County, Sheldon Clark, Whitesburg, Leslie County
Oh I am on a roll now,

More good stuff, here is Belfry's points scored vs. points allowed by season vs. KY competition. The brackets represent the average score per game:
(2005) 153-84, [31-17],,, take away the HC loss and you find the 139-41, [35-10]
(2004) 564-143, [40-10]
(2003) 464-185, [33-13]
(2002) 352-115, [29-9]
(2001) 342-212, [29-18]
(2000) 318-202, [29-18]
(1999) 229-197, [21-18]
Rub it in why dontcha. :HitWall:

Thanks for the great stats though. I'm sure Belfry fans appreciate the time you have spent looking up these things. Good job!! :#1:
Simply amazing..........
great numbers
BELFRY ROCKS HARD Tongueirate04: :wenumber1 :theman: :dance: Big Grinrums02:
The Cheem Wrote:BELFRY ROCKS HARD Tongueirate04: :wenumber1 :theman: :dance: Big Grinrums02:

Agreed.. Man I love your avatar.. Thats awesum.
Nice stat there..........:Angry07: :HitWall: :ChairHit:
Red and Black Wrote:Nice stat there..........:Angry07: :HitWall: :ChairHit:
If it makes you feel better Pburg has defeated Belfry more times in this stretch than any other KY team..... HAHA
orisonspi Wrote:If it makes you feel better Pburg has defeated Belfry more times in this stretch than any other KY team..... HAHA
:dance: