Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Tigers 08-09
Seeing that our other thread was completely jacked. I figured I would start a new one. But, PLEASE...Let's talk about the team and NOT..who got hired or why or any other non-sense.

I feel the Tigers will be better than what a few people think this season. They have a lot of young talent on this team. I feel that they will get tons of experience over the next two season and be right back into the thick of things in the Region again. So far the team consist of:

4 - Seniors
0 - Juniors
7 - Sophs
5 - Frosh
1 - 8th

I'm sure Coach will prolly bring a few of the other 8th graders up to compete at the JV level to get them some experience at the next level for next season.
I also think that this actually works out well for Coach R and his staff. This being Coach R's first season at the helm, he has inherited a young talented team.

Good Luck to Coach R and the Tigers on the season and the seasons to come.
Almost forgot...lol
Tigers scrimmage Morgan Co, at Home tonight.
JV starts at 6 and the Varsity soon after. Hope to see everyone there.
I think Coach R will do a great job with this years team. How many 8th graders dressed for Tiger Madness? I heard there were 3.
OffTheHook Wrote:Seeing that our other thread was completely jacked. I figured I would start a new one. But, PLEASE...Let's talk about the team and NOT..who got hired or why or any other non-sense.

I feel the Tigers will be better than what a few people think this season. They have a lot of young talent on this team. I feel that they will get tons of experience over the next two season and be right back into the thick of things in the Region again. So far the team consist of:

4 - Seniors
0 - Juniors
7 - Sophs
5 - Frosh
1 - 8th

I'm sure Coach will prolly bring a few of the other 8th graders up to compete at the JV level to get them some experience at the next level for next season.
I also think that this actually works out well for Coach R and his staff. This being Coach R's first season at the helm, he has inherited a young talented team.

Good Luck to Coach R and the Tigers on the season and the seasons to come.
What are these kids names in each class? I was trying to figure out who would be the starters for the Tigers.

I know Tiller and Vialapando will start.
EastKyMiner Wrote:What are these kids names in each class? I was trying to figure out who would be the starters for the Tigers.

I know Tiller and Vialapando will start.

Seniors - Zack Vialpando, Jordan Whitten, Tyler Deaton & Andy Penix
Sophs - Shey Spencer, Distin Caldwell, Andy Adkins, Josh Green, Brett Reynolds, Zach Jackson, Josh Hall
Froshs - Timmy Sublett, Seth Daniels, Mason Thompson, Dalton Belcher, Carrington Conley
8th - Trevor Tiller

Possible 8ths for JV - Colby Burchett, Brooks Pelphrey, Matt Daniels, Alex Vanhoose, Jonathan Deguzman
You say in 2 seasons
but if Coach R plays his workouts and his practices right he may shock alot of people with his 4 seniors. Witten is actually a good player if you just give him a chance
[SIZE="5"]BEST OF LUCK
TIGER BASKETBALL 08/09:Clap: [/SIZE]
Well IMO Tiller is one of the best on the team. But Witten has come along way and has the size to help out. Many others play solid for their roles. The Tigers have depth. They can run about 8 deep not lose much as they did tonight in the Morgan Co. scrimmage. And that doesn't include Tyler Deaton or Andy Penix which didn't play tonight in the scrimmage. So Coach Ratliff has a solid starting 5 and he has 5 more than can come in a give the starters a breather anytime they need it. That is a lot better than the situation last year where we basically had no depth. The Tigers just need to get more experience and get in the flow of the system. I look for them to surprise a lot of teams this year, but I doubt that they can win the district yet. That may take another year or so. The Region is a possibility before Tiller graduates. I can't imagine how good he should be by the time he is a junior and senior. And he could still grow who knows how much.

Good luck to the Tigers!! BTW: where did all the juniors go?
The Tiller kid that is in 8th grade, is he only 13/14?
EKY Sportster Wrote:. So Coach Ratliff has a solid starting 5 and he has 5 more than can come in a give the starters a breather anytime they need it. That is a lot better than the situation last year where we basically had no depth. The Tigers just need to get more experience and get in the flow of the system. ?
if they had no depth last year but this year they have 10 solid players where did they come from ?
How did the former Eagles Caldwell, Green, and Hall do? Great kids! I wish them all the best.
The Fan Wrote:if they had no depth last year but this year they have 10 solid players where did they come from ?

Actually they could go about 10 to 12 deep. They are ALL Frosh and Sophs. This WILL be a good team in the future for Coach R. A Lot of Talent!
Is Deaton, Penix, and Reynolds gonna play?
The Fan Wrote:if they had no depth last year but this year they have 10 solid players where did they come from ?
There is some very talented kids playing for PHS this year. they are young and will learn and grow on the fly. There has always been depth there, it just wasn't used. Heck....I guarantee that there will be at least 10 kids in the hallways not even playing this year that could play every team in the 15th this year and end up with a winning record.
turd ferguson Wrote:How did the former Eagles Caldwell, Green, and Hall do? Great kids! I wish them all the best.

Caldwell and Green are doing great. Hall just finished football and got to attend his first practice Wed.
Now What Wrote:Is Deaton, Penix, and Reynolds gonna play?
your guess is as good as any. they have not made it to practice yet.
TIGERS

Some are 8th and 9th graders but most came from the bench last season!!
Look for the sophomore class to be dominant in the next couple of years.
The Tigers won't be too good this season, and I expect them to be worse next season. I'm pretty sure Paintsville lost all 5 starters from last year, yet Paintsville should be better than what people expect them to be. Good luck to the Paintsville Tigers. Hope you can prove all of us wrong and have a great season.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:The Tigers won't be too good this season, and I expect them to be worse next season. I'm pretty sure Paintsville lost all 5 starters from last year, yet Paintsville should be better than what people expect them to be. Good luck to the Paintsville Tigers. Hope you can prove all of us wrong and have a great season.

OK...explain that one...lol
They only loose one starter, as of now....lol
I wish some of the older boys in the PHS school system would come out and play some ball this year for coach Ratliff. There are several boys from the football team that could come in and either start or get lots of minutes. If the Tigers got Rice, Reynolds, Deaton, Penix, and the Cyrus kid out to play ball I think the Tigers would be ok.
They have had a week to come out for practice. First game is in 2 days , how much help would they be . IMO maybe this season should be spent developing the younger kids for next season.
Deaton, Reynolds and Penix showed up for practice yesterday.
How much time will Deaton, Andy & Brett see after just a couple of practices?
who are the projected starting five for the Tigers this year. I am sure as young and inexperienced as they are it will probably take a few games for them to start to gel. However, I see them doing better than a lot of people are saying. They should be very scrappy and fun to watch.
kidatheart Wrote:How much time will Deaton, Andy & Brett see after just a couple of practices?

Brett & Deaton may see a little time, but I dont know where Penix fits in.