Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1) N. Carolina 77 - Kentucky 58
Kentucky is done for the season, they have no one stepping up, way to many turnovers, they haven't ran one offensive play this season, and they have porter starting at PG!!! Gillespie needs to run the half-court set and quit trying to run a up-tempo game. Kentucky has the players, but there not used the way they should be. Maybe let Miller come off the bench a little more, start liggens at point, and keep the big men rested up.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Beetle01 Wrote:Once again before anymore of you morons keep calling for Gillispie to leave, look at the following 3 coaches records for their first 2 years at that school.

Bill Self-Just won a title If he would have been at UK you all would have been calling for him to leave
Billy Donovan-won back to back titles Same with Donovan
Ben Howland-3 straight FF's Same with Howland, Gillispie has done better then any of them did their first 2 years at UCLA, Kansas, and Florida.

Its not easy going into a place and installing a new system, especially when Tubby left very few SEC caliber players there.
EVen now we depend on players like Stevenson, who can't even dribble to play over 30 minutes a game. Guys like Harris too, who aren't very good. Porter is terrible. These guys are depended upon to play vital minutes. Gillispie has brought in better talent, but not every player can step up and lead his team like Derrick Rose as a freshman. Most players take a couple years until they are ready. Look at the recruits UK has coming in over the next few years. Our best recruit is 2012 Avery. That kid will be unreal, he can already 360 dunk and is just a freshman, not a 17 yr old freshman like Mayo either.

you all need to chill, losing to the number 1 team in the nation in Nov. when you depend on Freshmen and Soph's to win is not a big deal.

Every coach in the country talks about how good Gillispie is, yet some of you fans with your infinite wisdom in the world of college basketball coaching think he sucks. I'm sorry last year teams like San Diego and GW, had better talent than we did at the begining of the year. Heck SD beat Uconn. and they have Thabeet.
I really don't think anyone wants Gillespie to leave. Like i stated before, he can be a great coach, he just needs to get a little more fire under his players. With a little on court leadership help from the players, Gillespie will go down as a Kentucky great.
mrfootball03 Wrote:If your talking about all time wins.. well UK has 1,966.. UNC just got 1,952.. 14 more and they become the winningest program in college basketball..

so I predict by the end of this season, Kentucky won't be able to say, the all time winningest program.. they'll be 2nd..
they passed uk briefly after the eddie sutton fiasco then carolina had a few so-so years during the mid to late 90s
we should be ok after mid season.
LOL Duke who returned all of their guards, had 17 turnover in the first half to Southern Illinois last night. UCLA got beat by a terrible Michigan team. Looks like VMI might be better than expected as they put up 133 points last night in a 60pt win against a no name.

ITs Nov. fellas, it seems like some of you all expect Final Four composure out of very young players, we have 1 Senior on the team and he is as useless on the court as the chair he sits on the sidelines in. You all complain about Meeks shooting too much, of course you all will be praising him when instead of going 5-20, he goes 17-20 and puts up 45 or more pts in a game. Lets remember this kid missed almost an entire year of basketball. At the level they play at that is a big deal. This team come January and February is gonna be tough to handle. Heck they help UNC to less than 80 pts, and they turned it over 27 times. UNC took 70 shots. Usually teams score around 80-90 pts on 40-50 shots. Just enjoy the games, and now that much much better days are ahead of us. It gets darkest just before dawn, and its 6am right now in the world of UK bball.
Beetle awsome post and all of it is true. someone posted that patterson played his butt on the offensive side and he did the second half. NC without physcho T kept him in check but not all of it was his fault. i seen at least a dozen times patterson give up on plays if he struggled to get position down low. and when he finally did the rest of the team seem like they was too scared to pass the ball to him. His first eight touches down low was his first eight baskets jusy like to see them force the ball to him a little bit more maybe then meeks will be open for a legit shot. just hope the big blue can pull something out of this season as they did last year while the year went on
UNC just had more talent than UK but UK is still rebuilding and if the fans can be patient and give Billy G some time, they will be a team to be reckoned with because if you all recall, UNC wasn't doing to well a few years back and look at them now.