Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JV: Ashland 20 Ironton 14 Double OT
Congrats to the JV Tomcats on a quality win. Ashland nearly swept the perennial Ohio power this year. Both Freshmen and JV teams were successful as the varsity fell short by 1 point.

I have no description or stats on the game with the exception of what I have heard from other sources. We were lucky to make it out of Tank Stadium with this victory. In the overtime periods, Ashland was called for assisting the runner on a touchdown carry. I know this is a penalty, but I have NEVER seen it called.

Congrats to both teams for what seems to have been a very hard played game on both sides. Looks as though Ashland is getting the monkey (or Tiger) off their back when it comes to playing Ironton.
Congrats Ashland!!!
Congrats Congrats Congrats to the CATS
Way to go guys!
Correction they did not play at tank field but on irontons practice field. Wink
congrats.. sounds like this one was almost as exciting as the varsity matchup last week
Whats the tank field? anyone have pics?
Tank Stadium is Ironton's home field. It is VERY VERY VERY rare for a team to get out of there with a victory. The refs serve up a huge plate of homecooking, and if a visiting team seems to gain a commanding lead, the lights somehow find a way of losing power. The varsity has only lost 4 home games since the conclusion of the 97 football season. 3 of those loses coming to Columbus Saint Francis DeSales. The other loss coming Wheelersburg.
football05 Wrote:Whats the tank field? anyone have pics?

There should be some at http://www.irontonfootball.com
thursday will be here in one hour and friday will be here when my faithful tomcats take on GC. Smile