Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sheldon Clark Cardinals
18.18%
Belfry Pirates
81.82%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark @ Belfry (3A 3rd Round)
I guess it is as good a time to start this as any. What does everyone think about Belfry/Sheldon Clark round II?:flame:
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Belfry wins by 14+
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Belfry by 3 td's or more. But let me guess SC, the regular season game was just a fluke, Belfry can't possibly play with this SC team and SC will win big. This is always how SC fans are. I'm not saying anything bad about the Cardinals at all but I am saying that they are not talented enough to play with this year's Belfry team. They have proven it once and will prove it again. I just want to see what kind of excuses SC had for losing in the regular season and why they will dominate the Pirates now...hahahaha
Belfry is 5 TD's better than Sheldon Clark.....

But... that doesn't mean a hill of beans if Belfry doesn't bring their A-game!
Belfry by 2+ TD's
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Guys, I hate to break it to everyone. But Sheldon Clark has had an awakening. They have completely turned the season around with this win over Mason Co.
Wink Big Grin :thatsfunn Sheldon Clark 62-2
mrfootball03 Wrote:Guys, I hate to break it to everyone. But Sheldon Clark has had an awakening. They have completely turned the season around with this win over Mason Co.

Have you been hangin around with boozer??Cool

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
im gonna take....Belfry....BIG
mrfootball03 Wrote:Guys, I hate to break it to everyone. But Sheldon Clark has had an awakening. They have completely turned the season around with this win over Mason Co.
LMAO.
You know that's what will be said along with how that SC just came out flat against the pirates in the regular season and how that this game will be different....hahahahaha
I'm happy that Sheldon Clark won, they deserve a big congrats...

But I really hope I don't have to hear all the ridiculous stuff I've heard in the past about how THIS IS THE YEAR.
Don't jinx your teams guys, those are some bold statements especially against a team that did beat you guys a few seasons ago when Belfry was heavily favored.

I expect Belfry to take this one by 3 touchdowns, but I'm sure Sheldon Clark will give Belfry all they can handle until halftime when Haywood makes adjustments and puts the game out of reach.

Best of luck to both!
Belfry 35, SC 17.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Don't jinx your teams guys, those are some bold statements especially against a team that did beat you guys a few seasons ago when Belfry was heavily favored.

I expect Belfry to take this one by 3 touchdowns, but I'm sure Sheldon Clark will give Belfry all they can handle until halftime when Haywood makes adjustments and puts the game out of reach.

Best of luck to both!
I'm not saying it can't happen. But the SC fans sure as h*ll can't gurantee a victory like they do every time they play Belfry. But you never know, this time the Cards are for real...Smile
Well, according to the radio announcers tonight, Shawn Hager called them before the last Belfry/SheldonClark matchup and said that due to the heavy rains, he had to throw out 2/3 of his playbook against belfry...Didn't seem like Haywood minded the rain too much to me

I can't confirm whether or not this phone call took place, I can only repeat what was said over the radio during tonights ballgame...BUT

My question is this....why would any coach have to throw out 2/3rds of his playbook due to heavy rain when you are:

1. Playing at home
2. Playing on turf
3. Playing a team which plays the exact same plays that you have seen them play over the past 20 + years (which shawn hager himself played)

Doesn't it seem that as a coach, that much of your playbook shouldn't depend upon wheather conditions?

What do you think those plays could have consisted of that rain, on turf, would have contributed to the outcome of the Belfry/Sheldon Clark being different than what it was?
Belfry wins BIG!!!!!!!!!
Pirate Pal Wrote:Well, according to the radio announcers tonight, Shawn Hager called them before the last Belfry/SheldonClark matchup and said that due to the heavy rains, he had to throw out 2/3 of his playbook against belfry...Didn't seem like Haywood minded the rain too much to me

I can't confirm whether or not this phone call took place, I can only repeat what was said over the radio during tonights ballgame...BUT

My question is this....why would any coach have to throw out 2/3rds of his playbook due to heavy rain when you are:

1. Playing at home
2. Playing on turf
3. Playing a team which plays the exact same plays that you have seen them play over the past 20 + years (which shawn hager himself played)

Doesn't it seem that as a coach, that much of your playbook shouldn't depend upon wheather conditions?

What do you think those plays could have consisted of that rain, on turf, would have contributed to the outcome of the Belfry/Sheldon Clark being different than what it was?

He threw out the plays he knew had no chance of working even if this game was played in the Garden of Eden and only focused ont he ones which had any minute chance of working Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:He threw out the plays he knew had no chance of working even if this game was played in the Garden of Eden and only focused ont he ones which had any minute chance of working Big Grin

LOL....Well, if that is the case, he might want to consider throwing out the remaining 1/3 that didn't work either...Wink
nah for real tho, i'll have to gather my thoughts, and get this Russell win out of my system before I can make a fair prediction.. I know its going to hard to defeat a team twice in one season. And we know what can happen (i.e.- Sheldon Clark '98) Belfry needs to stay focused. Sheldon Clark has earned the right to meet up with us again, so they have gotten better since last meeting.
I don't know, but I'm excited about it! I just hope it's a good game, and not as ugly as last time.....I do think having us winning 62-2 is pretty ridiculous! I can't put down my team, so I have to say the Cardinals in a VERY CLOSE nail-biter. Both teams have to play extremely well.
This will be a repeat of the first game plus 10pts for Belfry!
Throw out the records...forget the regular season game...these are the playoffs.
Belfry will win but it won't be a spanking like before. I say BHS by 2 TDs.
dblg11 Wrote:I'm not saying it can't happen. But the SC fans sure as h*ll can't gurantee a victory like they do every time they play Belfry. But you never know, this time the Cards are for real...Smile

Thats fans with heart also.
For an early prediction, I think Hager will try to pullout anything and everything of his book of plays for this game, but it will come down to the same thing it always comes down to...Haywood's smashmouth football and trying to stop it.

I don't think that Sheldon Clark will do what everyteam so far this year has been unable to do and that is stop Belfry's run.

Matney said it best when he said that he knows EXACTLY what Haywood is going to do, his problem is trying to figure out how to stop it.

Belfry by 3 td's
Belfry will cruise easily in this one. Belfry won't be tested until the state finals if even then. I wouldn't be surprised to see another state title come back to the mountains.
Yep, this will defiantly be a heck of a game at Belfry's place...the pirates are defiantly a strong team, but hopefully the cards can stop them, if they can play at there best I think its possible. It will take a lot for the cards though. Belfry is the favorite like always, but hopefully it will be a good close game.
Second verse same as the first.

Belfry wins big.
As mentioned before, both teams run the same offense, with a couple twists if you will. When 2 teams have the same strength, the stronger team comes out on top, just as in the Regular season.. I take Belfry....BIG
belfry rolls to its 6 straight state semi game
Talk about someone's fans having the big head. I don't think it is SC.
Sheldon Clark 13
Belfry 42
  • 1(current)
  • Next