Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Ranking Your Opponents for this Year"
Looking back at the season. From #1 to 10 or 11.(according to how many games you played this year), Rank them.
1- Estill Strong,Physical,a lot of good RBs.We were never in this game.
2- Breathitt Strong, Physical. We couldn't tackle Fugate.
3- Harlan Good RB, We only played 3rd qtr. 1 of our worst games.
4- Bath Hard runners, Good tacklers. We waited till 3rd qtr. to play
5- Taylor Good speed, Too many mistakes & unfinished drives.
6- Berea Scrappy, Fast. Most exciting game of the yr.
7- Lewis Won't lay down. They just kept fighting back.
8- Fleming Tough, They had some missing players that game.
9- Jackson We had a terrible game v/s them. Our worst game.
10- Morgan They were just over-matched
11- Betsy Layne They were also over-matched
Prestonsburg

1. Beechwood
2. Breathitt County
3. Perry Central
4. Shelby Valley
5. Bath County
6. Paintsville
7. Pikeville
8. Lawrence County
9. Cooper
10. Knott County
11. Morgan County
Paintsville

1. JCHS-no doubt the best team we played.

2. Prestonsburg-very slight edge over Raceland, senior led team, 16 seniors
3. Raceland-great team. Undefeated. Beat Lexington Christian who beat Hazard 47-7.
4. Sheldon Clark-powerful running team although we could have pulled off an upset
5. Pikeville-should have won this game, would love a rematch
6. Allen Central-surprise team of the year in our district although we beat them 42-14
7. Pineville-Good defense, but just not any O to go with it
8. Pike County Central-close game, played poorly, week after Pikeville loss
9. Betsy Layne-made playoffs for the first time, never was much of a game
10. Phelps-glad to see them win a few games, good luck Coach Peck and Slone
11. South Floyd-dominated from start to finish 60-0.

I had a hard time deciding on Raceland or Prestonsburg as the number 2. I think that game would be a war.
Just from a Fans/Spectator point of View here is how I'd Rank Allen Central's opponents.

1.Paintsville
2.Harlan
3.Pikeville
4.Knott Central
5.Berea
6.Magoffin Co.
7.Jackson Co.
8.Jenkins
9.Betsy Layne
10.Phelps
11.South Floyd
Estill

1)Breathitt
2)Harlan
3)Somerset
4)Fleming
5)Powell
6)Bourbon
7)Knott
8)Magoffin
9)Berea
10)Pineville
11)Phelps
ecqb8 Wrote:Estill

1)Breathitt
2)Harlan
3)Somerset
4)Fleming
5)Powell
6)Bourbon
7)Knott
8)Magoffin
9)Berea
10)Pineville
11)Phelps
Good to see us make your top 5...LOL
Good luck this Friday...Not that you'll need it!...LOL
TongueirateSho
Raceland

Ashland-Great team, strong running game. pretty big up front, defense is fast to the football. Probably the best team we played all year.
East Carter-Okay football team. Better than their record shows, had some size, but the ones with size couldn't move and the onese that could move didn't have any strength.
Fairview-Solid football team. Just doesn't have the depth needed to go 4 quarters. They have a spread wing T look that really allows their QB alot of options, he's a great athlete.
LCA-Probably the best team we played all year as well. They are strong up front and play descent defense, they're a different team than ashland, built for more speed, not as much strength. We stopped their running game but gave up 300 through the air, still got the district clinching victory though...GREAT TEAM
Greenup Co-Very athletic team, just didn't have any size upfront. Another team with a great QB and a few solid recievers. Suprised they didn't have a better year than they did.
Paris-Another very athletic team, just didn't have the numbers to compete.
Paintsville-Solid running/passing game, defense is lacking
Nicholas Co-A team that never quit, gave a great effort,
Russell-The 2nd best team we played all year. Great running game will be a deep threat in the playoffs. DONT BE SUPRISED IF THEY BEAT BELFRY
West Carter-Big, athletic, strong. Just not alot of speed. Descent and well coached team though.
Clinton Co-A team thats been rebuilding for a few years, a young team, i feel has a descent future ahead of them.

thats it up to date. Looking back on it, raceland has played alot of athletic teams this year. But it seems that those who were athletic didn't have much size. Raceland is really big up front both offensively and defensively. Looking foward to, hopfully, the Raceland/LCA rematch, it was a good one. The last two games between the two schools have been decided by 2 pts. Can't wait. But theres one more game that has to be won, for raceland its against fairview and for LCA its williamsburg. Good luck to all and may everyone stay injury free.
blitz43 Wrote:Looking back at the season. From #1 to 10 or 11.(according to how many games you played this year), Rank them.
1- Estill Strong,Physical,a lot of good RBs.We were never in this game.
2- Breathitt Strong, Physical. We couldn't tackle Fugate.
3- Harlan Good RB, We only played 3rd qtr. 1 of our worst games.
4- Bath Hard runners, Good tacklers. We waited till 3rd qtr. to play
5- Taylor Good speed, Too many mistakes & unfinished drives.
6- Berea Scrappy, Fast. Most exciting game of the yr.
7- Lewis Won't lay down. They just kept fighting back.
8- Fleming Tough, They had some missing players that game.
9- Jackson We had a terrible game v/s them. Our worst game.
10- Morgan They were just over-matched
11- Betsy Layne They were also over-matched

I'd rate them like this coach
1-Estill
2-Breathitt
3-Harlan Central
4-Taylor
5-Bath
6-Berea
7-Fleming
8-Lewis
9-Jackson
10-Betsy Layne
11-Morgan
Every team that beat us advanced to the second round of the playoffs.
blitz43 Wrote:Good to see us make your top 5...LOL
TongueirateSho

How could you all not? You should be in front of Fleming since you beat them.
BO1988 Wrote:Raceland

Ashland-Great team, strong running game. pretty big up front, defense is fast to the football. Probably the best team we played all year.
East Carter-Okay football team. Better than their record shows, had some size, but the ones with size couldn't move and the onese that could move didn't have any strength.
Fairview-Solid football team. Just doesn't have the depth needed to go 4 quarters. They have a spread wing T look that really allows their QB alot of options, he's a great athlete.
LCA-Probably the best team we played all year as well. They are strong up front and play descent defense, they're a different team than ashland, built for more speed, not as much strength. We stopped their running game but gave up 300 through the air, still got the district clinching victory though...GREAT TEAM
Greenup Co-Very athletic team, just didn't have any size upfront. Another team with a great QB and a few solid recievers. Suprised they didn't have a better year than they did.
Paris-Another very athletic team, just didn't have the numbers to compete.
Paintsville-Solid running/passing game, defense is lacking
Nicholas Co-A team that never quit, gave a great effort,
Russell-The 2nd best team we played all year. Great running game will be a deep threat in the playoffs. DONT BE SUPRISED IF THEY BEAT BELFRY
West Carter-Big, athletic, strong. Just not alot of speed. Descent and well coached team though.
Clinton Co-A team thats been rebuilding for a few years, a young team, i feel has a descent future ahead of them.

thats it up to date. Looking back on it, raceland has played alot of athletic teams this year. But it seems that those who were athletic didn't have much size. Raceland is really big up front both offensively and defensively. Looking foward to, hopfully, the Raceland/LCA rematch, it was a good one. The last two games between the two schools have been decided by 2 pts. Can't wait. But theres one more game that has to be won, for raceland its against fairview and for LCA its williamsburg. Good luck to all and may everyone stay injury free.

with this said I'd rank em' this way:

1 LCA
t2 Ashland
t2 Russell
3 Fairview
4 Paintsville
5 Fairview
6 Paris
7 West Carter
8 East Carter
9 Nicholas Co
10 Clinton Co.
I had a hard time deciding on Raceland or Prestonsburg as the number 2. I think that game would be a war.[/QUOTE]

talk about some smash mouth football
NIECE Wrote:How could you all not? You should be in front of Fleming since you beat them.

Well, i was debating on those two for my 4 and 5 spots. If i was ranking Fleming on the way they played Powell i probably would've put them in the 5 spot, but because they matched up better with us they got the 4 spot.
Pikeville

1. Lexington Catholic- Even though we competed a lot better in this game than in the rest of the top 4. Best offensive game of the year.
2. Belfry
3. Ashland
4. Prestonsburg
5. Corbin- Crazy when your #5 is Corbin. Smile
6.Paintsville- Fun game to be at. 2 closely matched teams.
7. Allen Central- Toughest win of the year.
8. Betsy Layne
9. Phelps
10. South Floyd
Russell

1 Simon Kenton
2 Raceland
3 Ashland
4 Mason County
5 Boyd County
6 Lawrence County
7 Greenup County
8 East Carter
9 Pike County Central
10 West Carter
11 Lewis County

Raceland, Ashland and Mason County were all very close. Raceland was the most physical of the three though.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pikeville

1. Lexington Catholic- Even though we competed a lot better in this game than in the rest of the top 4. Best offensive game of the year.
2. Belfry
3. Ashland
4. Prestonsburg
5. Corbin- Crazy when your #5 is Corbin. Smile
6.Paintsville- Fun game to be at. 2 closely matched teams.
7. Allen Central- Toughest win of the year.
8. Betsy Layne
9. Phelps
10. South Floyd
Take away Betsy Layne,Phelps, and SF and thats as tough a schedule as you'll see a class A School Play.
Hazard

Johnson Central
Green County
LCA
Perry Central
Pike Central
Lynn Camp
Harlan
Grayson Co VA
Pineville
Jenkins
Besty Lane

I would say Paintsville is under Perry Central or Pike Central.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:Take away Betsy Layne,Phelps, and SF and thats as tough a schedule as you'll see a class A School Play.

Wow, that's a pretty tough schedule, Corbin at 5:confused: that's saying something.
Leslie Co

1. Bell Co.
2. Corbin
3. Letcher Central
4. Middlesboro
5. Clay Co.
6. Bath Co.
7. PCC
8. North Laurel
9. McCreary Central
10. Lynn Camp
11. Knott Co.
P.C.Defense Wrote:I'd rate them like this coach
1-Estill
2-Breathitt
3-Harlan Central
4-Taylor
5-Bath
6-Berea
7-Fleming
8-Lewis
9-Jackson
10-Betsy Layne
11-Morgan
Every team that beat us advanced to the second round of the playoffs.

Berea and Bath would both beat Taylor IMO. You might put Estill/Breathitt at the top, but they both beat Powell handily. I don't see how you can put one above the other. I have seen both play, Estill has the better 1st eleven but Breathitt is much more physical.
blitz43 Wrote:Good to see us make your top 5...LOL
TongueirateSho

If you didn't you shouldn't field a team.
Updated version for Russell.

1 Simon Kenton/Belfry
3 Raceland
4 Ashland
5 Mason County
6 Boyd County
7 Lawrence County
8 Greenup County
9 East Carter
10 Pike County Central
11 West Carter
12 Lewis County
Belfry:

1. Johnson Central
2. Sheldon Clark
3. Russell
4. Louisville Holy Cross
5. Shelby Valley
6. Pikeville
7. West Carter
8. Lawrence County
9. Pike Central
10. East Carter
11. Magoffin County
12. East Ridge
BelfryPirates Wrote:Belfry:

1. Johnson Central
2. Sheldon Clark
3. Russell
4. Louisville Holy Cross
5. Shelby Valley
6. Pikeville
7. West Carter
8. Lawrence County
9. Pike Central
10. East Carter
11. Magoffin County
12. East Ridge

As well as Lawrence Co. played you all (and us, too), I'm surprised to see them so far down your list.
Prestonsburg (based on how tough opponent played in ONE game, not season):

1. Beechwood
2. Breathitt Co.
3. Shelby Valley - played top notch defense this one night !
4. Perry Central - the little QB was a nightmare catching in the mud.
5. Lawrence Co. - was before the Dawgs had quit on their season.
6. Middlesboro
7. Bath Co.
8. Paintsville
9. Cooper
10. Pikeville - really bad performance at P-burg
11. Knott Central
12. Morgan Co.
Bell Co.

Whitley
Rock twice
Knox
Volunteer
Tates Creek
Sheldon Clark
Garrad
Leslie
Lawerence
McCreary
Madison Southern
NIECE Wrote:If you didn't you shouldn't field a team.

Alright ****.
NIECE Wrote:Berea and Bath would both beat Taylor IMO. You might put Estill/Breathitt at the top, but they both beat Powell handily. I don't see how you can put one above the other. I have seen both play, Estill has the better 1st eleven but Breathitt is much more physical.

There is no way Berea and Bath could beat Taylor. Rice threw all over Bath Co. He had 2 INTs but also had around 260 pass yards with 2 TDs. And I am pretty sure that Macon would have a field day against them. As for Berea, they don't have someone that could handle Macon or Thomas.
NIECE Wrote:Berea and Bath would both beat Taylor IMO. You might put Estill/Breathitt at the top, but they both beat Powell handily. I don't see how you can put one above the other. I have seen both play, Estill has the better 1st eleven but Breathitt is much more physical.

Berea and Bath would neither beat Taylor.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Are you that stupid??? There is no way Berea and Bath could beat Taylor. Rice threw all over Bath Co. He had 2 INTs but also had around 260 pass yards with 2 TDs. And I am pretty sure that Macon would have a field day against them. As for Berea, they don't have someone that could handle Macon or Thomas.

Defensively Berea could in no way handle Thomas or Macon, Taylor would score 60 but Berea would probably score 40.

Estill is by far the most physical team on the list.