Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vanderbilt 31 - UK 24 FINAL
Well, Cobb does it again! For the second game in a row, Cobb has thrown a game-losing interception. I hope all of you that whined for Cobb to be QB are happy.

This is what we get for starting a true freshman at QB. The kid has talent, but his decision-making skills are not there yet.

Congrats to Vandy on becoming bowl-eligible. At this point, UK doesn't look like they deserve a bowl game at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
@!@!$# pitiful!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
How can you say that? Not ditching Hartline or nothing, but if he was in, I doubt we would even be in that situation. The game would have been out of reach and Vandy would have won big. And Cobb didn't get the starting position cause the fans "whinned", he got it cause he earned it in practice and games.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Well, Cobb does it again! For the second game in a row, Cobb has thrown a game-losing interception. I hope all of you that whined for Cobb to be QB are happy.

CE that last INT is not his fault it was put in a place where his reciever has to make the catch it went through his recievers arms. If you think Hartline would have just done better then you are truly mistaking. He is young give him a break. Its not his fault that we got 3 roughing the kicker penalties nor the roughing the QB which took away the INT which would have gave us a short field. It is not one players fault its a team sport. UK just did not come to play early and it bit them in the butt. Regroup during the off week and lets go take UT and finish 7 and 5. Beat ourselves plain and simple.
millertime_kc Wrote:How can you say that? Not ditching Hartline or nothing, but if he was in, I doubt we would even be in that situation. The game would have been out of reach and Vandy would have won big. And Cobb didn't get the starting position cause the fans "whinned", he got it cause he earned it in practice and games.

You can't deny that there were a lot of people on here whining that Cobb should start and now what did that get us? Two heartbreaker losses where Cobb threw an interception and that was the end of the chances for UK.

You can't say you know what position we would be in if Hartline was in or not. If I remember correctly, Hartline was QB when we beat Louisville.

With Hartline starting at QB our record was 5-3.

With Cobb starting at QB our record is 1-2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
on a good note.. david jones played a pretty darn good game
Big disappointment for the Big Blue Nation two nights in a row.

thetribe Wrote:Big disappointment for the Big Blue Nation two nights in a row.

Yes, a truly bad weekend for UK fans.

Now I'm just hoping that Nashville wins tonight and the Cowboys tomorrow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
thetribe Wrote:Big disappointment for the Big Blue Nation two nights in a row.

Yea rough weekend for Kentucky Fans
Cobb is 10 times better QB than Hartline. That last pass didnt really matter if it was picked or not it was 2 far and 2 fast in front of the reciever.
Cobb needs to go back as reciever
If the UK receivers could catch something there would be a hug difference. Our WR couldnt catch water if they fell out of a boat. Cobb is a young QB and is getting game by game, but what can you expect from a TRUE FRESHMAN starting. I can take him throwing two ints to lose a game in games we could have won, instead of a QB that just didnt get it in Hartline. Hartline didnt beat U of L, it was our defense that beat U of L. Cobb is our best bet at winning, Hartline isnt period. And I am pretty sure that the coaches doesnt get on here and look who to start.
Listen guys even with Cobbs mistakes hes looked 10 times better in his first year on the field than Andre Woodson did in his and we all know what Woodson went on to do. Our Defense let us down tonight with some poor tackling throughout the game. 3 roughing the kicker penalties are just unexcusable. That late hit on Vandys QB in the 3rd quarter that was called on Micah Johnson was pretty ticky-tack if you ask me even the ESPN announcers said so.
ComfortEagle Wrote:You can't deny that there were a lot of people on here whining that Cobb should start and now what did that get us? Two heartbreaker losses where Cobb threw an interception and that was the end of the chances for UK.

You can't say you know what position we would be in if Hartline was in or not. If I remember correctly, Hartline was QB when we beat Louisville.

And look at the opponents..If CObb was facing Sassafrass State, then get what Cobb gets..A W! There is no comparison between the 2 when you are talking about Hartline and Cobb. The team wants Cobb as there QB and it shows with there level of intensity. If Hartline was the QB then UK would never even be in the game and ESPECIALLY last week!
mrfootball03 Wrote:on a good note.. david jones played a pretty darn good game
That he did!
Cobb is the the better man for the job IMO. Hartline doesn't need to have the feeling of wearing the BLUE and WHITE!!
It was easy to root for Vandy in this game. They deserved to beat UK, and they outplayed them. Plain and simple. UK will end up 6-6 after the UT game. I hope they beat Tennessee but I dont see it happening..
That game was the wrost call game i am ever watch. I was at that game. Like I said early in the season, as bad as i hate to say it. But UK can beat Tenn. this year.
Kentucky give this game away, but the refs didn't help them out. If the so-called "roughing the passer" wasn't called when David Jones (who had a great game) got the interception then their is no telling how this one would have turned out.

Vandy eat up the clock in the 1st half due to so many roughing the kicker calls and 3 & outs by the UK offense. But yet again we made another comeback, but our offense simply doesn't have enough experience to get the job done late in games.

On to Tennessee!
Vandy out played UK today. Once again UK starts out slow in the game and it hurts them. They made some dumb mistakes like 2 running into the kickers. Both of those flags gave Vandy first downs and they scored TDs on both of those drives. I just hope that they learn from this game and come ready to play from the opening kickoff.
If Hartline would've played, there was no way it would've have been that close.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Kentucky give this game away, but the refs didn't help them out. If the so-called "roughing the passer" wasn't called when David Jones (who had a great game) got the interception then their is no telling how this one would have turned out.

That was a big one right there. I thought David had saved the day and then we get the flag.

ComfortEagle Wrote:You can't deny that there were a lot of people on here whining that Cobb should start and now what did that get us? Two heartbreaker losses where Cobb threw an interception and that was the end of the chances for UK.

Who did UK beat in those five games? Lisening to the post game after I left the stadium, they put the blame on the receiver. He slowed down, and let the DB step in.
This was a pretty good football game the second half I was at Commonwealth Stadium first half Kentucky played Horrible and I belive Kentucky really beet there selfs on all the roughing the kicker calls, it was still a fun game to watch and that number 3 for vandebelt was fast as lightening.

Without Cobb starting we would have not even been in the situation to lose by 7 points or by 4 points to Georgie. Cobb has did a **** of alot better than Hartline did. With Hartline starting we was playing MEDIOCRE teams. Now were competing with the sec tops with Cobb starting. The kid is doing a **** of a job and he deserves credit for it.
It was also fairly evident that the SEC wanted Vandy bowl eligible this game. Some of those calls were atrocious. The roughing the kickers are no longer 15 yd penalties once the punters kicking leg touches the ground. Its incidental contact. Plus it was obvious the punter was trying to go into the UK players.

Vandy scored 21 pts on 4 drives that were continued after either a punt, or a turnover. Absoloutely ridiculous.
Beetle01 Wrote:It was also fairly evident that the SEC wanted Vandy bowl eligible this game. Some of those calls were atrocious. The roughing the kickers are no longer 15 yd penalties once the punters kicking leg touches the ground. Its incidental contact. Plus it was obvious the punter was trying to go into the UK players.

Vandy scored 21 pts on 4 drives that were continued after either a punt, or a turnover. Absoloutely ridiculous.

I don't know about the SEC conspiracy part, but several calls were highly questionable at best. It was a very poorly officiated game. I thought the "roughing" call was a real stretch...the QB had been scrambling and then reversing field of getting upfield all night.
The SEC has been accused for a long time of having refs fix games. Do I need to post the video of a ref tackling SC's quarterback?

The SEC needs Vandy eligible for a bowl, they have bowl sponsorships to fill. They need the teams to do it.
Why not put the blame where it really belongs, the playcalling of the Joke. He tries to pass too much and takes away Cobbs ability to run. Thats the reason this game was lost, along with the penalties. Everyone agrees that the roughing the passer call was bull, but what can ya do about it. The defense isnt any good anymore and its because they are playing against better competition. Its been like that the last couple years. They can beat these non conference teams but when it comes to the SEC teams, they just cant compete, no matter who the QB is.