Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agenda disappears from Obama website
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008...ition-web/

President-elect Barack Obama over the weekend scrubbed his transition Web site, deleting most of what had been a massive agenda for his first term that appears on his campaign's site.

Gone from Change.gov are the promises on how an Obama administration would handle 25 agenda items — from Iraq and immigration to taxes and urban policy — which the campaign first laid out on the Web site http://www.BarackObama.com.
You just cant stop with the hate for Obama post can you.
BatCat11 Wrote:You just cant stop with the hate for Obama post can you.

Where is the hate in his post? Nowhere.
Beetle01 Wrote:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008...ition-web/

President-elect Barack Obama over the weekend scrubbed his transition Web site, deleting most of what had been a massive agenda for his first term that appears on his campaign's site.

Gone from Change.gov are the promises on how an Obama administration would handle 25 agenda items — from Iraq and immigration to taxes and urban policy — which the campaign first laid out on the Web site www.BarackObama.com.

Isn't it true that, once a person goes from candidate to President Elect, to President, a certain amount of "agenda change" or position of importance of positions moves around some. This does not mean the candidate "goes back on promises." Most candidates actually try to do what they said, Republican and Democrat alike.
Wasn't Obama's whole deal was that he was different and he was going to bring change. Now all of the sudden that doesn't matter? Its okay for old school Washington politics?
Beetle01 Wrote:Wasn't Obama's whole deal was that he was different and he was going to bring change. Now all of the sudden that doesn't matter? Its okay for old school Washington politics?

Change comes through policy, through spirit of leadership. Some processes remain the same but have nothing to do with change or no change in terms of direction of the country.
thecavemaster Wrote:Change comes through policy, through spirit of leadership. Some processes remain the same but have nothing to do with change or no change in terms of direction of the country.

He took his policies down and changed them not even a week after being elected. Seems to me he had that planned the whole time. Say whatever you can to get elected. Do what you want once you have the power.
Beetle01 Wrote:He took his policies down and changed them not even a week after being elected. Seems to me he had that planned the whole time. Say whatever you can to get elected. Do what you want once you have the power.

Friendly wager? My bet is that Obama will seek to implement the policies he campaigned on over the next four years. Maybe not all of them, as once the candidate becomes the President, certain realities of a tri-branch system impede; however, the majority of them will be proposed and advocated.
Beetle01 Wrote:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008...ition-web/

Gone from Change.gov are the promises on how an Obama administration would handle 25 agenda items — from Iraq and immigration to taxes and urban policy — which the campaign first laid out on the Web site http://www.BarackObama.com.

BEETLE01 your a great american keep up the great work you make so much sence i just hope there are people out there can learn from you. this is a very good sight if you could -a few jerks and yes they know who they are some even have control over the truth and kicks people of when others can say anything so keep them on there toes and dont back down. I enjoy all your post.
courtdog Wrote:BEETLE01 your a great american keep up the great work you make so much sence i just hope there are people out there can learn from you. this is a very good sight if you could -a few jerks and yes they know who they are some even have control over the truth and kicks people of when others can say anything so keep them on there toes and dont back down. I enjoy all your post.

I don't recall anyone being "kicked off" BGR that didn't get a warning for violating the rules, then continued to violate the rules. Personally, I've gone over the line a few times. I got warned. For sites like this to remain even remotely civil, moderators have to enforce the rules. By the way, people who disagree with you aren't "jerks."
WOW did i hit a nerve or do you have a gulity CONSCIENCE? CAVEMASTER
courtdog Wrote:WOW did i hit a nerve or do you have a gulity CONSCIENCE? CAVEMASTER

Neither...I like debate, don't think people who disagree with me are jerks, can admit when I step over the line. And you?
courtdog Wrote:WOW did i hit a nerve or do you have a gulity CONSCIENCE? CAVEMASTER

He made a general statement. How in the world did you make the leap from a general statement to striking a nerve?

We are here to try and keep things civil. We do not kick people off for no reason. If you have been warned or suspended for any reason there was something to it.
Thanks courtdog, I do what I can.

Cave,
Personally I hope Obama tries to get through every policy he promised. I would be more angry with him promising to do all of those things and backing away from 90% of them. Then I would if he put them through. The American people wanted those policies to be put through. I could be wrong, although unlikely, but they could really help this country out. Almost every country most of his main policies have been instituted they have failed. Germany and France are the biggest examples because we share alot of similarities to them on many levels. Both of those countries went downhill big time. They both have recently elected conservatives to try and fix things. Only time will tell now. The biggest worry to me is most of the blinders Obama supporters wear. I have a gut feeling if things don't work out, they will just accept whatever excuse he throws out there, or blame someone else. There is noone to blame. The dems basically have a filibuster proof majority now in the Senate. There are quite a few repubs in the Senate who are very moderate, and actually ran on the premise of going along with Obama to get elected. So they will be expected by their constiuency to do so, if they expect to be re-elected.