Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCOTUS tells Obama to produce birth certificate
http://therightperspective.com/wordpress/?p=311

Lawyer Philip Berg’s lawsuit questioning Barack Obama’s “natural born” status has entered a do-or-die phase after the Supreme Court has ordered the president-elect to produce his birth certificate by December 1st.

Berg, who appealed his case to America’s highest court, was told by Justice David Souter’s Clerk that his petition for an injunction to stay the November 4th election was denied. The Clerk also required the defendants (Obama, the DNC, and FEC) to respond to the Writ of Certiorari by December 1. At that time, Obama must present an authentic birth certificate to the Court, which has been sealed by Hawaii governor Linda Lingle. Berg will get to respond afterwards.

Failure to do that will surely inspire the skepticism of the Justices in Obama, who are not used to being defied. The Court will have to decide what to do about a president-elect who refuses to prove his natural-born citizenship.

“I can see a unanimous Court (en banc) decertifying the election if Obama refuses to produce his birth certificate,” says attorney and writer Raymond S. Kraft. “They cannot do otherwise without abandoning all credibility as guardians of the Constitution. Even the most liberal justices, however loathe they may to do this, still consider themselves guardians of the Constitution. The Court is very jealous of its power - even over presidents, even over presidents-elect.”
Yes, very interesting how all this will play out.

If Barry can't prove he's a natural born citizen of the U.S. before he takes the oath of office, it puts this country in unknown territory.

For the sake of argument, if he can't produce a birth certificate, what do you all say will happen ?!?

:eek: :confused:
Hasn't this already been done. The birth certifacate was shown prior to election day, wasn't it?
oneijoe Wrote:Yes, very interesting how all this will play out.

If Barry can't prove he's a natural born citizen of the U.S. before he takes the oath of office, it puts this country in unknown territory.

For the sake of argument, if he can't produce a birth certificate, what do you all say will happen ?!?

My guess is that Biden will probably have to take over. :o

But I don't think there's anything to worry about. This Berg guy is being such a gnat. He just won't go away.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
you can get a fake one anywere all i want to know if if real?
Amun-Ra Wrote:Hasn't this already been done. The birth certifacate was shown prior to election day, wasn't it?

I don't think pictures on the internet count in the court of law.

Plus even with a birth certificate, they will then have to verify his live birth in Hawaii at the hospital. Hawaii used to have very open policies surrounding their COLB's.

There will be a clear record showing his birth at the hospital. Of course that could have been what he was doing whenvisiting his grandmother. Trying to get hus ducks in a row for this. Why has he not just gone ahead and released it to the public months ago when this came about? you all know as well as I do anyoen of us would do so if in his position, so why has he not done so?
ComfortEagle Wrote:My guess is that Biden will probably have to take over. :o

But I don't think there's anything to worry about. This Berg guy is being such a gnat. He just won't go away.

Actually no, the election would have to either be held or McCain would win by default.

Biden is in no place to take over until after Obama is sworn in.

But actually in reality the electoral college doesn't cast its votes till Dec 16th. you would probably see all the states that aren't forced to give their votes for the cadidate the people of that state voted for give their votes for McCain.
Beetle01 Wrote:I don't think pictures on the internet count in the court of law.

Plus even with a birth certificate, they will then have to verify his live birth in Hawaii at the hospital. Hawaii used to have very open policies surrounding their COLB's.

There will be a clear record showing his birth at the hospital. Of course that could have been what he was doing whenvisiting his grandmother. Trying to get hus ducks in a row for this. Why has he not just gone ahead and released it to the public months ago when this came about? you all know as well as I do anyoen of us would do so if in his position, so why has he not done so?

And..............let the conspiracy theories begin! Why? Because the Republicans lost, got tired of whining, and now it's time for a conspiracy theory.

So naturally, Obama COULDN'T have been visiting his DYING grandmother, who died the day before the election. NOOOOOOO, he MUST have been faking his birth certificate in Hawaii.
Rolleyes

Please people.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:And..............let the conspiracy theories begin! Why? Because the Republicans lost, got tired of whining, and now it's time for a conspiracy theory.

So naturally, Obama COULDN'T have been visiting his DYING grandmother, who died the day before the election. NOOOOOOO, he MUST have been faking his birth certificate in Hawaii.
Rolleyes

Please people.

Did I say he didn't visit his grandma? I'm just saying he could have done both.
Beetle01 Wrote:Actually no, the election would have to either be held or McCain would win by default.

Biden is in no place to take over until after Obama is sworn in.

But actually in reality the electoral college doesn't cast its votes till Dec 16th. you would probably see all the states that aren't forced to give their votes for the cadidate the people of that state voted for give their votes for McCain.

Would it? I mean, McCain wasn't elected, it was Obama/Biden, so if Obama can't fulfill his duties then why wouldn't Biden step in? I don't remember there being any rules about having a re-election. I'm not being a smart-aleck, I'm just saying. If you have a source I would like to see it because I, and several others, have probably never heard of anything such as this.

I could see the states having to cast the electoral college vote, but what happens if this takes until after Dec. 16th?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beetle01 Wrote:Did I say he didn't visit his grandma? I'm just saying he could have done both.

Rolleyes Smile

Pathetic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:Would it? I mean, McCain wasn't elected, it was Obama/Biden, so if Obama can't fulfill his duties then why wouldn't Biden step in? I don't remember there being any rules about having a re-election. I'm not being a smart-aleck, I'm just saying. If you have a source I would like to see it because I, and several others, have probably never heard of anything such as this.

I could see the states having to cast the electoral college vote, but what happens if this takes until after Dec. 16th?

It would ultimately be up to the Supreme Court. They could call for elections or they could declare McCain the winner.

People didn't vote Biden for President, they voted him for VP. There's a huge difference, and it could be argued McCain would beat Biden without Obama.

I don't think it will matter, I'd say he probably has one, and was born in Hawaii. IF not, by Dec. 1st there will be plenty of chances for the dems to get this covered up and make it look like he was anyways.
Beetle01 Wrote:It would ultimately be up to the Supreme Court. They could call for elections or they could declare McCain the winner.

People didn't vote Biden for President, they voted him for VP. There's a huge difference, and it could be argued McCain would beat Biden without Obama.

I don't think it will matter, I'd say he probably has one, and was born in Hawaii. IF not, by Dec. 1st there will be plenty of chances for the dems to get this covered up and make it look like he was anyways.

The people voted for the Democratic ticket! I don't know about you, but when I went in to vote, I voted for Obama/Biden. NOT a separate vote for Obama and then a separate vote for Biden. So yes, people were voting for Obama AND Biden. It was a ticket, not individual people.

Just like when people voted for McCain, they did not vote JUST FOR McCain. They voted for McCain AND Palin.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:The people voted for the Democratic ticket! I don't know about you, but when I went in to vote, I voted for Obama/Biden. NOT a separate vote for Obama and then a separate vote for Biden. So yes, people were voting for Obama AND Biden. It was a ticket, not individual people.

Just like when people voted for McCain, they did not vote JUST FOR McCain. They voted for McCain AND Palin.

Well its ultimately up to the Supreme Court if it comes down to that. Which I don't think it will. Just very interesting they are actually requiring him to show it. So there must be some reason for them to do so.

I would find it hilarious though if this came to pass, and McCain was declared winner. I would like to have an instant still shot of all your faces at the exact moment you found out.
Beetle01 Wrote:Well its ultimately up to the Supreme Court if it comes down to that. Which I don't think it will. Just very interesting they are actually requiring him to show it. So there must be some reason for them to do so.

I would find it hilarious though if this came to pass, and McCain was declared winner. I would like to have an instant still shot of all your faces at the exact moment you found out.

You really wouldn't want that to happen. If McCain were to be declared the winner after this, THAT'S when there would be riots. And this country would be more divided than ever.

But I really don't see how, even if you get your BEST case scenario and the SC declares that Obama can't be President....why wouldn't Biden take over? The PEOPLE voted him the 2nd in command behind Obama, so why not?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:You really wouldn't want that to happen. If McCain were to be declared the winner after this, THAT'S when there would be riots. And this country would be more divided than ever.

But I really don't see how, even if you get your BEST case scenario and the SC declares that Obama can't be President....why wouldn't Biden take over? The PEOPLE voted him the 2nd in command behind Obama, so why not?

Don't know, that event is unprecedented, so I can't be for sure on what would happen.

Let people riot like baffoons and end up dead. Maybe it will give an excuse to rid this country of some idiots.

There's nothing to riot about if Obama wasn't born in the USA he is not eligible to President. I don't care if everyone voted for him. By the law of this land he is not eligible if that is true. So those rioting would in essence be trying to reject our constitution, which in my eyes is an act of war, and they should be treated as traitors. Now if they want to peaceuflly protest, or move for an amendment allowing naturalized citizens to run, then that would be ok.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/...l#section1 The power will be given to the Vice President or Congress will appoint one according to the Constitution. Accordingly Biden would become President. From the way I read it.
ComfortEagle Wrote:And..............let the conspiracy theories begin! Why? Because the Republicans lost, got tired of whining, and now it's time for a conspiracy theory.

Rolleyes

Please people.

Why is whining getting on liberals' nerves all of the sudden? They wrote the book, and set new world records the last eight years that will never be topped. Now, suddenly it's uncool to whine.Smile
Crossbones Wrote:http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/...l#section1 The power will be given to the Vice President or Congress will appoint one according to the Constitution. Accordingly Biden would become President. From the way I read it.

Thanks CB. I had an inkling about that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jetpilot Wrote:Why is whining getting on liberals' nerves all of the sudden? They wrote the book, and set new world records the last eight years that will never be topped. Now, suddenly it's uncool to whine.Smile

There's a difference between whining about Bush who had 8 years to prove why he is one of the most disliked Presidents in the history of this country, and complaining about Obama who hasn't even been sworn in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:There's a difference between whining about Bush who had 8 years to prove why he is one of the most disliked Presidents in the history of this country, and complaining about Obama who hasn't even been sworn in.

No there isn't. Whining is whining. Bush's presidency can't be judged for many years. It's easy to blame Bush for everything bad going on in the world right now, but time will prove that he did a lot of good, and there is plenty of blame to go around for all our problems right now. I still don't see much anger directed at the Dem-controlled Congress, which is more unpopular than Bush.:confused:
jetpilot Wrote:No there isn't. Whining is whining. Bush's presidency can't be judged for many years. It's easy to blame Bush for everything bad going on in the world right now, but time will prove that he did a lot of good, and there is plenty of blame to go around for all our problems right now. I still don't see much anger directed at the Dem-controlled Congress, which is more unpopular than Bush.:confused:

My point is time.

I gave Bush 4 years. Some of the Republicans didn't even give Obama 4 seconds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:My point is time.

I gave Bush 4 years. Some of the Republicans didn't even give Obama 4 seconds.

I think most Republicans are willing to give Obama a chance, but they aren't going to give him the benefit of the doubt. About half the country has some serious doubts about his beliefs, and the people who voted for him really don't know a whole lot about him. I hope he does well, but he will have to deal with opposition like everyone else........
ComfortEagle Wrote:Thanks CB. I had an inkling about that.
:thumpsup:Glad I could help.
jetpilot Wrote:I think most Republicans are willing to give Obama a chance

I think most are too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
oneijoe Wrote:Yes, very interesting how all this will play out.

His name is Barack, or President Elect Obama. I refer to "Governor Palin," whether I agree with her on issues or not.
Beetle01 Wrote:Well its ultimately up to the Supreme Court if it comes down to that. Which I don't think it will. Just very interesting they are actually requiring him to show it. So there must be some reason for them to do so.

Desperation births strange children.
Crossbones Wrote:http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/...l#section1 The power will be given to the Vice President or Congress will appoint one according to the Constitution. Accordingly Biden would become President. From the way I read it.

That holds true only if the Supreme Court will have acted to disqualify O after both he and Joe had been sworn in.

O is NOT President until he takes the Oath of Office (NOT after the popular or electoral vote - it's in the Constitution as linked), and Joe isn't VP until he does the same.
thecavemaster Wrote:His name is Barack, or President Elect Obama. I refer to "Governor Palin," whether I agree with her on issues or not.

Fine. You have a problem with it.

The same folks that have no problem referring to Pres. Bush as "GW", should have no problem hearing Obama referred to as "Barry" or "O".
oneijoe Wrote:Fine. You have a problem with it.

The same folks that have no problem referring to Pres. Bush as "GW", should have no problem hearing Obama referred to as "Barry" or "O".

He is President Bush...or at least Bush II, used to distinguish him from his Dad. I don't agree with his policies, but I don't dislike the man, mainly because I don't know the man. I think this is an important distinction that would make politics more civil, less trivial, than it has become.