Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida 49 Kentucky 28
Final
David had a great game on national tv.....the rest of the story though:wtf1:

....also thought it was pretyy classless of meyer to bring his starters back in with 4 minutes left.:boosign:
:help: :yesno: Will UK ever be able to compete in the SEC???????
long day for the cats but great effort with all those injuries. Im still proud to live in kentucky be a big blue fan. go cats
I am proud of Kentucky's second half effort against Florida. We won the second half 21-0. Belfry's David Jones got some great action and backup QB Curtis Pulley showed what he is made of.

Cats are off next week. They need to heal up some.
Davids stats:

3 kick returns for 107 yds
4 tackles
recovered onside kick

the boys in blue just need to get healthy :wieghts:
Hate to see Fla beat us guess im a gator hater we will be back im sure
Cats are just 1 very good recruiting year away. They have a lot of young good talent. But, injuries have just killed them. Florida would still have won today if UK didn't have those injuries, but it would have been a better game.

They really need to have Micah Johnson commit soon. He could bring in a lot more good players.

The lack of scholarships have really hurt UK also.
UK played hard today but they just dont have it.
Jones played well.
David Jones is simple a awesome player!!
"Hawks nest" Wrote:Hate to see Fla beat us guess im a gator hater we will be back im sure

Well not to be a smart *** or anything, but they have beat up 18 straight times and today made 19 I think.......All I can say is great 2nd half cats, and IM READY FOR BASKETBALL season how about everyone else? :dance:
D. Jones also blocked a punt Smile lol I was sitting right on the 30 yard line it was beautiful!!!
I Don't Know, But I Believe That If I Was Potentially One Of " Rich's Boys", I Might Have Second Thoughts About Comming To A School That Can't Compete In The SEC. :Sad04:
Great second half effort. Even if it was against the the second string. The Cats never gave up.
I don't like how we're commending the second half effort. We were playing our starters against their 3rd string pretty much.
Well if our boys had the hussle and heart all game that they did with like 4 minutes left in the last quarter then we might have done better.
Awesome game for Jones.
I don't see us ever competing as a top team in the SEC but only time will tell, much work is yet to be done.
I can't wait for b-ball season either football.
We will compete again someday, just as we did when Couch was around. We're just going to need lots of time and a new coach.
Well I heard on the radio people already tlaking about getting a new coach.....The ones they mentioned was NO NAME coaches and I THINK IF UK is going to have a sucessful football program they are gonna have to spend the DOLLARS on a big time coach.....they let spurrier get away, so thats their loss
Kentucky flat out sucked yesterday. Leak picked our D' apart like it was nothing. We can't beat anybody playing like that.

As far as coaching change goes, I think UK should try and get a former NFL coach that has connections to bring in better coordinators and staff. Such as Butch Davis, who is looking to be hired.
"Old School" Wrote::help: :yesno: Will UK ever be able to compete in the SEC???????
one day... one day... :getwell: UK football
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:Kentucky flat out sucked yesterday. Leak picked our D' apart like it was nothing. We can't beat anybody playing like that.

As far as coaching change goes, I think UK should try and get a former NFL coach that has connections to bring in better coordinators and staff. Such as Butch Davis, who is looking to be hired.

but will good ole' Mitch Rolleyes spend the money for a good/great staff and get rid of his good lil buddy brooks?
Butch Davis??????????? are u kiddin me? u saw what he did to Tim Couch.. now u want him at UK?
Yea, Mitch sucks and needs to go too.

As far as Butch Davis goes, Couch is not an NFL QB. He doesn't have the arm strength and he's not in Mummy's system anymore. That's why his pro career faltered. He just wasn't a good NFL QB. Holcombe was better. I think Davis would be a better fit for a college team IMO.
too bad we couldn't get spurrier

:lol: j/k
Couch never had the chance. fed to the wolves form the start. had no O line. no WR. no RB. it was just him takin shots all the time.
plus he never let Couch play ball. all the time thorwin dumpo passes. then Holcomb comes in and it is all down field
i would have liked to had Spurrier... he can get recruits
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:Couch never had the chance. fed to the wolves form the start. had no O line. no WR. no RB. it was just him takin shots all the time.
plus he never let Couch play ball. all the time thorwin dumpo passes. then Holcomb comes in and it is all down field

Never had the chance? He got his chance, got injured, and went down on the depth chart. He let Couch throw all dump passes because believe it or not, that's all he could throw. His arm sucked. Couch was an awesome college QB, but he's not a NFL caliber QB.

On the otherhand, I hope someday Couch gets another shot with another NFL team.