Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central #3 in Nation
sstack Wrote:You are so right on! Look at all the good players on Newport Cath. that are from Ft Thomas! And if you know anything about Ft Thomas, you would know that we get teased all the time about living in a bubble because not many people leave this town. You should see how many second, third and fourth generations are on this and every team. Bankamper's dad was star running back, Dempseys dad played for HHS, Collinsworth's Mom was a cheerleader and track athlete( Bankamper's cousin), Rossenhegen's family played at HHS, Fennell,Schowsser, Roller, Dierig, Newman all all second or third generation. I am sure there are more, but that is all I can think of off the top of my head.

We could tie up the server if we listed all the family connections and multi generational families. Head is a third generation player and whose grandfathers, older brother, father, a couple of uncles and several cousins who played. His first cousin is Fennell who is a third generation player whose grandfather, father and uncle played. His father's cousin is the mother of Schlosser who is also a third generation player. His father and older brother played. He has three uncles, a grandfather, two cousins on his mother's side and a cousin on his father's side also who played. Dierig's father played. Bankamper and Collinsworth are cousins. Bankamper's father played. Roller's father, several uncles and brother played for Highlands. It goes on and on and on. No inbreeding that I'm aware of (LOL!), but it is almost creepy. Hey, its a nice,small town located within 10 minutes of downtown Cincinnati that people want to continue to live in when they grow up and start families. Collinsworth refers to it as Mayberry. Not quite that good, but close.

Sorry to jack the thread JC fans and players. Again, as I've mentioned before, I think its great that you are earning such national recognition for your program and the state of Ky football. Well done!
lawrence LC Wrote:JC your not even good.....

Do you have any room to talk?:confused:

Smile Sorry bubby that we can't all be as great as Laurence County is this year hahahaha u seriously just made me laugh out loud! :lmao:
Money Maker Wrote:So does JC win state hands down this year??? :confused:

HIGHLANDS wins the state "hands down". The only other schools in Kentucky that is as good or better is St. X and Trinity. Bad year to be in 5A playing out of the East. Also, Bowling Green played Trinity tough this year, 17-0.
That will be the title game. Highlands vs. Bowling Green

Maybe not on a national level, but seriously this has to be the dumbest comment I've read on here and I'm not even technically an Eagle fan.
charlie22 Wrote:We could tie up the server if we listed all the family connections and multi generational families. Head is a third generation player and whose grandfathers, older brother, father, a couple of uncles and several cousins who played. His first cousin is Fennell who is a third generation player whose grandfather, father and uncle played. His father's cousin is the mother of Schlosser who is also a third generation player. His father and older brother played. He has three uncles, a grandfather, two cousins on his mother's side and a cousin on his father's side also who played. Dierig's father played. Bankamper and Collinsworth are cousins. Bankamper's father played. Roller's father, several uncles and brother played for Highlands. It goes on and on and on. No inbreeding that I'm aware of (LOL!), but it is almost creepy. Hey, its a nice,small town located within 10 minutes of downtown Cincinnati that people want to continue to live in when they grow up and start families. Collinsworth refers to it as Mayberry. Not quite that good, but close.

Sorry to jack the thread JC fans and players. Again, as I've mentioned before, I think its great that you are earning such national recognition for your program and the state of Ky football. Well done!

I'd have to agree! It is a real nice community and probably my favorite in NKY. I would most likely move there if I were to ever move to NKY. I'm sure that the life long residents would definitely rather stay there than move. This is even more true since everything is relatively close anyway. Why move to another community when you can just about be anywhere in 20-30 minutes, including Cincy.
With all due respect to JCHS because they have had a great couple of years and will do well this year and in the future, GOOD is a relative term. JCHS is a GREAT mountain team, but in 5A, they are just GOOD. I am a mountain football fan but WE cannot compete consistently with northern Kentucky schools. They have a huge area from which to draw players from. I think that if anyone thought seriously about it they would understand beating Highlands is a monumental task but it can be done. I just would not bet on it. The fact is they are just better and will continue to be better consistently. Sorry to all of the Wonderful JCHS fans, but that is the TRUTH>
EKY Sportster Wrote:Maybe not on a national level, but seriously this has to be the dumbest comment I've read on here and I'm not even technically an Eagle fan.

I agree, that's a bold statement coming from a person that cheers on the 0-9 Bulldogs.