Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky- 111 UM Saint Louis- 53
Final!
Everyone please realize that this was an exhibition game against a bad team. I'm not trying to be negative but I think most of us know how unrealistic UK basketball fans expectations may be.
FBALL Wrote:Everyone please realize that this was an exhibition game against a bad team. I'm not trying to be negative but I think most of us know how unrealistic UK basketball fans expectations may be.

Agreed. But Darius Miller played very well...
everyone played really well
I agree it is very early and they are untested... But I feel good about this team.. Does anyone else agree?
allseasonfan Wrote:I agree it is very early and they are untested... But I feel good about this team.. Does anyone else agree?

I agree..Kentucky played with hustle tonight. Talented and deep bench..something we haven't seen since Petino's days..I do feel good about this Kentucky Wildcat Basketball team
I am the official President of the BLUGRASSBALLA fan club!!!!! You are a balla!!
Harrellson was most impressive to me.
EXHIBITION or not.. u gotta feel good about this team. We have a pretty good bench to go to. And Patterson and Meeks?... WOW... I believe harrellson should start, or atleast play alot.. he is good. UK is on the rise again....
looks like Chris Lofton is not the only shooter to come out of Mason Co.
Patterson: 9-13, 6-9 (FT), 24 pts., 11 boards, 3 assists, 1 TO, 31 minutes
Meeks: 10-19, 7-13 (3), 2-2 (FT), 29 pts., 4 assists, 2 boards, 2 TO, 28 minutes
Harris: 3-5, 1-1 (3), 5-6 (FT), 12 pts., 5 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 2 TO, 24 minutes
Stevenson: 2-3, 1-1 (3…whaaaaaa!!!???), 2-2 (FT), 7 pts., 5 boards, 4 blocks, 1 assist, 1 TO, 20 minutes
Porter: 0-3, 0-3 (3), 0 points, 5 assists, 4 boards, 2 blocks, 19 minutes
Harrellson: 9-14, 1-1 (3), 2-2 (FT), 21 pts., 12 boards, 3 steals, 2 TO, 1 block, 16 minutes
Miller: 6-7, 2-3 (3), 0-2 (FT), 14 pts., 7 boards, 2 TO, 1 steal, 1 assist, 18 minutes
Liggins: 0-1, 0-1 (3), 1-2 (FT), 1 pt., 4 boards, 4 assists, 2 TO, 2 steals, 15 minutes
Carter: 1-1, 2 pts., 2 boards, 1 TO, 6 minutes
Krebs: 0-2, 0-2 (3), 1-1 (FT), 1 pt., 1 board, 1 steal, 1 assist, 6 minutes
Galloway: 0-0, 0 pts., 2 boards, 1 block, 6 minutes
Williams: 0-3, 0-2 (3), 0 pts., 3 minutes
Perry: 0-1, 0-1 (3), 0 pts., 3 minutes
Halsell: 0-0, 3 minutes
Slone: 0-0, 1 minute
Delph: 0-1, 0-1 (3), 1 TO, 2 minutes
Miller did great, he was one of the lesser talked about recruits, way below Liggens and Galloway, and he performed very well just like I knew he would be capable of.
I was really impressed tonight they played alot better than I thought they would. Miller and Harrellson played great.
Anyone know where I can find the starting lineup?
vundy33 Wrote:Anyone know where I can find the starting lineup?
The starters were..
Porter
Meeks
Harris
Stevenson
Patterson
I thought they looked very well tonight...With this team I see a VERY VERY right future for the cats if we can stay healthy...The players looked very good in the system that took so long for them to come custom to last season...Can't wait to see how they perform against UNC
"Kentucky coach Billy Gillispie said guard A.J. Stewart sat out the game because of a team violation". uh oh... ol A.J. has been getting into trouble lol
With this being an exhibition and a blowout, I really expected Landon to play more than 1 minute. I wasn't expecting 10-15 minutes, but as highly as Gillispie has talkd about him and how much he values hard work, I was shocked to see he only play 60 seconds.

But this team looks good, regardless of opponent. Meeks is better than freshman year, and I'm excited to see Patterson and Harrellson in the low post together, maybe working some high-low. And I think we may have found another socring threat...how about Miller? He looked VERY good!!!!
Harrellson came out of nowhere tonight and played an amazing game of ball. Player of the Game if I'm not mistaken.

I am really looking forward to this season. In no way am I taking the score of this exhibition as a predictor for the season. This was an oppurtunity however to look at our ball club and see everything on an individual basis as well as being able to look at how the players are interacting with one another. I really see good things happening this season if we can steer clear of injuries.

kentucky is going to be awesome this year!!! GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, this was a scrimmage, and yes it was a Division II school, but if you recall last year, we were losing to teams like this. Gardner Webb might as well have been Division II as well as Stony Brook. This is definitely a positive sign for this years team. The fast paced tempo is one we became accustomed to when Pitino was here, and we got a little taste of it last night. Our defense looked incredible, and our bench even more impressive.

The one fault I have is we still don't have a standout point guard. But, if we continue to play upbeat, then our PG's won't have the ball all that much anyways. I noticed when Liggins was in the game, he would throw an outlet pass after every rebound. He hardly brought the ball up himself. Very good sign of things to come.

And, no Landon didn't play much, and it was a blowout win, but you have to realize this was the first "game" of the year and coach was trying different lineups to see what would work best in different situations. These games are still practice for UK, and the last time I checked the schedule, we only have 2 more "games" until we travel to Chapel Hill. We don't want to throw in players that we know won't get to play that much when our starters and bench players can get some good practice in against someone other than themselves.
I must say I was impressed last night. Yes, we were playing an inferior team, but UK did what they are supposed to do to inferior teams, blow them out.

I think UK fans are going to love Harrellson. He hustles and plays tough, and forms quite a combo with Patterson. In my opinion, he should be starting ahead of Stevenson. Perry is talented but he is also foul-prone, and coming off the bench may help him in that regard. Plus, PP and Harrellson on the court at the same time looked amazing.

I also loved Darius Miller's game. He probably won't start ahead of Harris, at least not right away, but what a spark he can provide off the bench!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I would like to see Liggins be more agressive and get to the basket, there isnt going to be many guards on him this year that has his size and athletic ability, but im sure that will come with a lil confidence and experience
Stewart needs to grow up.
I must admit myself that they did look great last night, but yes it was a division 2 school. Harrellson was the standout player to me. The kid is a beast, seems like he can do anything on the court. The only thing I didnt like was the starters staying in so long when it was a blowout. Thats a good way to get players injured. That was a time to put in the walkons and other players to get some game experience.
As good as Harrellson played I'm more impressed with the way Miller played and his upside. If he progresses he may not be there more than 3 years but i'm not going to say that after one game but he has tremendous potential. All and all I love the look of this team. Kentucky basketball will be fun again! Best of luck to Landon and the rest of the cats this year.
Harris was impressive he's going to be the key to Kentucky's wins this season. Sure Meeks and Patterson are going to have their 20 points, but it's going to be those 10-15 points from your sixth man to put you in the driver seat.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal