Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kenny George's basketball career is done
Kenny George (the 7'7'' guy) is currently a senior at UNC-Asheville. He was academically ineligible his freshman year and then redshirted his sophomore year due to a knee injury. In the 2007-08 Season, George led the NCAA with a 69.6% field goal percentage. In October of 2008, George had his right foot partly amputated due to being afflicted with MRSA Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
This is sad, loved watching this kid play.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Wow I hate this for the kid, I bet he could of had a future in basketball.
If...Then Wrote:Wow I hate this for the kid, I bet he could of had a future in basketball.

I disagree the only thing he had going for him was height. Was fun to watch him play though.
Very sad news to hear. I remember seeing a feature on him during College Gameday. I watched him play against Winthrop in the Big South finals. Hopefully he is able to go back to school to finish his degree so he has his education to fall back on now that his playing days are over.
Didnt he have the biggest foot in the world? He wore a size 28!
At least in impression from his interviews, he is a good guy. This is a shame.
You hate this for him.
I really hated to hear this because he was truly one of a kind and their was no doubt in my mind that he could have played in the pros (just from his size), and he actually had a great game against the Tar Heels last year because they really couldn't do much with him. Nonetheless, I hope he is able to use the scholarship he got from UNC-Ashville to find a good career and maybe keep in athletics from a coaching perspective.