Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain Middle School Conference Tournament
Anyone know the results from the Championship game?
Martin County defeated Heralld Whitaker 54 - 50. MC had to play all of fourth quarter without two starters due to them fouling out so they went to a four corner offense and managed to pull out the win making them 32- 1 on the year. By the way it was badly officiated game.:bball:
Congratulations Martin Co.
Way To Go!!!!!!!!!!
Jed Clampett Wrote:Martin County defeated Heralld Whitaker 54 - 50. MC had to play all of fourth quarter without two starters due to them fouling out so they went to a four corner offense and managed to pull out the win making them 32- 1 on the year. By the way it was badly officiated game.:bball:

I thought i would be a good game. Herald Whitaker is a talented team as well. They had a battle in the championship at our place early in the season.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I thought i would be a good game. Herald Whitaker is a talented team as well. They had a battle in the championship at our place early in the season.

POINT GUARD KATELYN NEWSOME NEVER GAVE UP ,,HAD BALL IN HER HANDS AND HIT CRUCIAL FREE THROWS TO SEAL THE WIN FOR MARTIN COUNTY FOR THE SECOND STRAIGHT YEAR...

HANNAH BURKETT WENT OUT FIRST HALF WITH AN INJURY TO LEG DUE TO POOR OFFICIALING AND TERRIBEL CONTACT AMONG PLAYERS VIA IN A LOT OF NO CALLS,,

CAME BACK IN 4 QUARTER( INJURIED) WHEN 2 STARTERS FOULED OUT AND A 6 GRADER AS WELL AND HELD THEIR OWN .. INJURED HANNAH KIT A FREE THROW WITH 3.0 SECONDS ON CLOCK TO PUT LADY CARDS UP BY 4 .... NO SHOT WAS GOTTA OFF MY MAGOFFIN COUNTY

GIVE MAGOFFIN CREDIT .. THEY ARE A GREAT GROUP OF GIRLS BUT GOT BY WITH LOT OF THINGS THAT WASN;T CALLED,,

MARTIN COUNTY HELD IT TOGETHER WITH 2 STATERS OUT AND ONE INJURY AND OVER COME OBSTACLES AND CAME OUT ON TOP

:letsparty
oldfoggie13 Wrote:POINT GUARD KATELYN NEWSOME NEVER GAVE UP ,,HAD BALL IN HER HANDS AND HIT CRUCIAL FREE THROWS TO SEAL THE WIN FOR MARTIN COUNTY FOR THE SECOND STRAIGHT YEAR...

HANNAH BURKETT WENT OUT FIRST HALF WITH AN INJURY TO LEG DUE TO POOR OFFICIALING AND TERRIBEL CONTACT AMONG PLAYERS VIA IN A LOT OF NO CALLS,,

CAME BACK IN 4 QUARTER( INJURIED) WHEN 2 STARTERS FOULED OUT AND A 6 GRADER AS WELL AND HELD THEIR OWN .. INJURED HANNAH KIT A FREE THROW WITH 3.0 SECONDS ON CLOCK TO PUT LADY CARDS UP BY 4 .... NO SHOT WAS GOTTA OFF MY MAGOFFIN COUNTY

GIVE MAGOFFIN CREDIT .. THEY ARE A GREAT GROUP OF GIRLS BUT GOT BY WITH LOT OF THINGS THAT WASN;T CALLED,,

MARTIN COUNTY HELD IT TOGETHER WITH 2 STATERS OUT AND ONE INJURY AND OVER COME OBSTACLES AND CAME OUT ON TOP

the newsome girl cannot keep her hands off people and do you think its fair that one of your better players doesnt even live in Martin county she should be playing for Adams
Basketball Fanatic Wrote:the newsome girl cannot keep her hands off people and do you think its fair that one of your better players doesnt even live in Martin county she should be playing for Adams

This kid is a nice player. Don't trash other kids please. Both teams played their
hearts out. Neither one deserved to lose. Not the first time MC has beat
us this year. They have a nice team. Can't take anything away from them.
Thought we had them this time. Especially when 2 of them fouled out. We
came at them with everything we had. Tried to press but Newsome just
drove right through everyone. Can't wait to see all these kids on both teams when they get into high school. Both teams should have a nice club.
:ChairHit:
Jed Clampett Wrote:Martin County defeated Heralld Whitaker 54 - 50. MC had to play all of fourth quarter without two starters due to them fouling out so they went to a four corner offense and managed to pull out the win making them 32- 1 on the year. By the way it was badly officiated game.:bball:

Well who officiated the game ?. Seems to me every time Martian Co. has a close game it was badly officiated.
This was a great game, the officials did let it get out of hand though. Herald Whitaker is a very physical team, and emotions were high. One of the officials was actually arguing with a fan instead of watching the game. Both teams gave it all they had and IMO the best team came out on top. It's hard to beat a team more than once in a year let alone five or six like we did. Congrats to both teams good luck at state, lets bring some hardware home to the mountains.
Basketball Fanatic Wrote:the newsome girl cannot keep her hands off people and do you think its fair that one of your better players doesnt even live in Martin county she should be playing for Adams

ITS HER CHOSE

SHE WANTS A WINNINGTEAM AND THATS WHERE SHE REMAINS
oldfoggie13 Wrote:HANNAH BURKETT WENT OUT FIRST HALF WITH AN INJURY TO LEG DUE TO POOR OFFICIALING AND TERRIBEL CONTACT AMONG PLAYERS VIA IN A LOT OF NO CALLS,,

Please, give me a break. :igiveup: Everytime its a close game or you lose, its because poor officiating. The way you explain it, it shoul've been a blow out. With the exception of the Pride of the Mountains Championship game, we have lost to you by anaverage of 6 points per game. The officiating was good. We had three 15th region varsity officials calling this game. Some points to make;
  • Some calls where missed on both sides of the ball.
  • You had two to foul out, I had one and three other starters with four fouls each.
  • We shot 19 free-throws, you shot 28.
  • The only thing that can be said negative about this game is that fuel was added to the fire in my girls eyes from losing to you, and only you this season, and by the parade of the championship trophy right in front of our bench.
Lets just leave it at two teams in the Mountain Middle School Conference meet in the finals of the conference tournament and Martin County won 54 to Herald Whitakers 50. Both teams played their hearts out and a great basketball game was enjoyed by everyone in attendance.

Kudos :praise: to Johnson County Middle School for making the tournament a true delight for everyone. We are very gracious that we where apart of it and would like to send a congratulations out to all the fine atheletes in this conference for making this season such a fine year. (Cheerleaders and Dancers included)Big Grin

Thanks to the administrators, opposing coaches, parents, and officials for putting up with all the things that we as coaches put you through. Everyone always put forth the best effort to make us feel welcome at their school. I wish all the best for everyone and will try to help any of you with whatever you may need.
Hoopla Wrote:Please, give me a break. :igiveup: Everytime its a close game or you lose, its because poor officiating. The way you explain it, it shoul've been a blow out. With the exception of the Pride of the Mountains Championship game, we have lost to you by anaverage of 6 points per game. The officiating was good. We had three 15th region varsity officials calling this game. Some points to make;
  • Some calls where missed on both sides of the ball.
  • You had two to foul out, I had one and three other starters with four fouls each.
  • We shot 19 free-throws, you shot 28.
  • The only thing that can be said negative about this game is that fuel was added to the fire in my girls eyes from losing to you, and only you this season, and by the parade of the championship trophy right in front of our bench.
Lets just leave it at two teams in the Mountain Middle School Conference meet in the finals of the conference tournament and Martin County won 54 to Herald Whitakers 50. Both teams played their hearts out and a great basketball game was enjoyed by everyone in attendance.

Kudos :praise: to Johnson County Middle School for making the tournament a true delight for everyone. We are very gracious that we where apart of it and would like to send a congratulations out to all the fine atheletes in this conference for making this season such a fine year. (Cheerleaders and Dancers included)Big Grin

Thanks to the administrators, opposing coaches, parents, and officials for putting up with all the things that we as coaches put you through. Everyone always put forth the best effort to make us feel welcome at their school. I wish all the best for everyone and will try to help any of you with whatever you may need.

I would say they shot about 15 of those freethrows in the fourth quarter coach when we were fouling them to get the ball back Coach. If our we had used more than 5 players we might have had a chance in the end. Played 5
kids the whole night. How stupid is that?
Martin County At 2 Subs In From The 5 Min Mark When Two Starters Fouled Out And None Of Hearld Whitaker Did.. One Was A 6th Grader.. And The Other One Was An 8th Grader Who Saw Limited Action All Year Long And Came In And Hit 2 Big Crucital 3's To Help Seal The Game Along With And Injured Stater With Pulled Groin Muscle Stepping To Line And Hitting A Free Throw..
By The Way Martin County Has A Johnson County Kid Too.. So How Does That Fit Your Fancy.. Its Their Chose..
Newsome Is A Nice Player ,,yes She Did Touch A Lot But Has Gotta Better And She Was Truely A Team Leader The Other Night In The Finals... Got Ball In Her Hands And Had To Foul Her To Get Ball Back
She Stepped Up And Hit The Free Throws When Needed

If I Remember Right She Was The One That Got Loose And Made Last Second Shot At Dorton .. Better Keep Eye On This Kid Gonna Be A Dandy ..probably Better Than Her Mom .. Robin Harmon
Both teams are very good. It was fun to watch. At least your teams let players play up if they are capable.
Just A Fan 1 Wrote:I would say they shot about 15 of those freethrows in the fourth quarter coach when we were fouling them to get the ball back Coach. If our we had used more than 5 players we might have had a chance in the end. Played 5
kids the whole night. How stupid is that?

Pretty smart in my opinion. Got us back into the game didn't it. Looked at the stat sheet and Martin shot 10 of those 28 free throws during that span. At least you don't have to worry anymore, your kid won't be playing for a stupid coach that coached his players to 23 wins and only 5 losses that have came from one team that is by far one of the best teams in the state, if not the best. And with the exception of one game, lost to them by an average of 6 points per game. I'm sure that everyone will second guess every move of that game, but hey it was and is my decision and after all, I believe I was and still am hired as the coach. I have a question for you, "Who should I have taken out?" All 5 where playing their hearts out. And for that game, the 5 subs where asked to sit there and support their team. Going into the season, all players knew that playing time would be limited. I'm not the first coach to do that, and sure won't be the last. In my opinion, it takes a pretty low person to get on a public website and question the integrity of a coach or any person for that matter. Thanks though for all the hard work that you have put into the program. We really do appreciate it.Big Grin
Hoopla Wrote:Pretty smart in my opinion. Got us back into the game didn't it. Looked at the stat sheet and Martin shot 10 of those 28 free throws during that span. At least you don't have to worry anymore, your kid won't be playing for a stupid coach that coached his players to 23 wins and only 5 losses that have came from one team that is by far one of the best teams in the state, if not the best. And with the exception of one game, lost to them by an average of 6 points per game. I'm sure that everyone will second guess every move of that game, but hey it was and is my decision and after all, I believe I was and still am hired as the coach. I have a question for you, "Who should I have taken out?" All 5 where playing their hearts out. And for that game, the 5 subs where asked to sit there and support their team. Going into the season, all players knew that playing time would be limited. I'm not the first coach to do that, and sure won't be the last. In my opinion, it takes a pretty low person to get on a public website and question the integrity of a coach or any person for that matter. Thanks though for all the hard work that you have put into the program. We really do appreciate it.Big Grin

Coach,

Your right. Sorry for the comment. Just saying the difference in the freethrow situation was not what you were making it out to be. They shot most of those freethrows by us fouling on purpose to get back in the game. Just that we kept fouling the same person. You made it out to be like we got bad calls. Just saying you can't complain about the number of freethrows when we were fouling on purpose is all. That is the same thing as saying the officials cheated. :confused: Rolleyes
They did play their heart out. You do a good job coach. Seemed like they
shot like 15 of those in the 4th quarter.