Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#3 Louisville-74 Georgetown (KY)-67
Money Maker Wrote:Have you saw them play ranked teams in America?? NOOOO!! So you don't know do ya???
They won 35 games in a row last year, and were ranked #1 a large majority of the season. They don't play North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, and those guys, but they play some of the best teams in the country as far as NAIA goes. Have you seen them play? I seriously doubt! This team is good, and they have one of the best coaches in the country at their level. They could play with ANYONE, regardless of level of competition!
Here are some of Georetown's stats from last season:

* 91.6 points per game (#2 in NAIA)
* allowed 68.3 ppg (#28)
* shot 51.7% from the floor (#4)
* opponents shot 40.3% against them (#5)
* turnover margin of +5.31 (#6)
* outrebounded opponents by 9.72 rebounds per game (#1)
dore20 Wrote:You are insane Uk could never win by that much this year....

And you would know that cuz you've already seen the UK VS UofL game right? Im not saying it could happen, and im not saying it couldnt happen. You never know.
Georgetown is a VERY good team. They often have players that can't go D-I for a variety of reasons. They are big, physical, and athletic. Louisville will still be one of the best teams in the country this year.
It is the pre-season. You don't to beat these little teams like UK done last night. Having the starter in the game with a 40+ lead.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:They won 35 games in a row last year, and were ranked #1 a large majority of the season. They don't play North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, and those guys, but they play some of the best teams in the country as far as NAIA goes. Have you seen them play? I seriously doubt! This team is good, and they have one of the best coaches in the country at their level. They could play with ANYONE, regardless of level of competition!

I'd like to clear a few things up for you. NAIA and D-1 basketball are 2 different levels of basketball and the way it looks, Louisville needs to drop down to NAIA and maybe they could get half the Championships that UK has. :thumpsup:
Money Maker Wrote:Have you saw them play ranked teams in America?? NOOOO!! So you don't know do ya???

Yea we have since now we have seen them play with the #3 NCAA D-1 team in the nation. And UK by 20....all i can say is ..... :nope:
And I'm also pretty sure if Georgetown and the team Uk played the other day played eachother...i would say G*town by 20+ so playing a weaker team would make anyone look better. I wanna see UK play Georgetown.
Money Maker Wrote:I'd like to clear a few things up for you. NAIA and D-1 basketball are 2 different levels of basketball and the way it looks, Louisville needs to drop down to NAIA and maybe they could get half the Championships that UK has. :thumpsup:

UK just got 7. When UK past UCLA then talk. They won it 7 out of 43 times. That is not good odds. Do the math 16.3. UK might have the most wins. But without the championships it was losing season. They only have 7 winning seasons.
louisville is overrated it looks like. UK will probaly beat them by a lot
cj2561 Wrote:UK just got 7. When UK past UCLA then talk. They won it 7 out of 43 times. That is not good odds. Do the math 16.3. UK might have the most wins. But without the championships it was losing season. They only have 7 winning seasons.

Thats probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Just because they didn't win the championship doesn't mean they had a losing season.
kentucky gonna beat them this year!!! Uk has to much talent for the cards!!! Uk is and always will be the best among college basketball. When you think of basketball you think of Kentucky. were the capital of college basketball and no one can take that away from us.
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Thats probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Just because they didn't win the championship doesn't mean they had a losing season.

The way i was brought up, if you don't win the championship. It was a losing season. No matter if you go 38-1. It was a losing season. And by how big of a basketball state Kentucky is. It is that way.
cj2561 Wrote:The way i was brought up, if you don't win the championship. It was a losing season. No matter if you go 38-1. It was a losing season. And by how big of a basketball state Kentucky is. It is that way.

Well your obviously use to losing seasons then, being a Tennessee fan and all.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Well your obviously use to losing seasons then, being a Tennessee fan and all.

When was the last time that UK won the title. 1950 or 1951, it was back when Bear coach UK. When it come to basketball i am a NC fan. They are going to tie UK with 7 title this year. I have won the county title 5 grade up to 8 grade. I didn't play basketball in high school.
cj2561 Wrote:When was the last time that UK won the title. 1950 or 1951, it was back when Bear coach UK. When it come to basketball i am a NC fan. They are going to tie UK with 7 title this year. I have won the county title 5 grade up to 8 grade. I didn't play basketball in high school.

Uhh, the Bear never coached basketball. And it was actually back in 1998 with Rick Petino. And you do not make any since man.
cj2561 Wrote:When was the last time that UK won the title. 1950 or 1951, it was back when Bear coach UK. When it come to basketball i am a NC fan. They are going to tie UK with 7 title this year. I have won the county title 5 grade up to 8 grade. I didn't play basketball in high school.

What kinda grades did u make in english and grammer? And you winning the county title "5 grade up to 8 grade" has no relevance WHAT SO EVER. Im sorry bro... but atleast get ya facts straight.
Money Maker Wrote:I'd like to clear a few things up for you. NAIA and D-1 basketball are 2 different levels of basketball and the way it looks, Louisville needs to drop down to NAIA and maybe they could get half the Championships that UK has. :thumpsup:
I'm not comparing NAIA to Division I. They're different. I know that! I was making a point that Georgetown is a VERY good team! Yeah, so what, they are a NAIA team? What the heck does that matter? Appalachian State is a D-II (I don't know what it is now days), and they went into Michigan and beat the Wolverines. Just because Appalachian State dominates D-II schools, the Michigan players, coaches, fans, and everyone else thought the same thing you're thinking now. 'Yeah, so! They win all the time in D-II, but this is D-I! They can't compete with us!" They DID compete and they WON! Georgetown could beat most teams in C-USA, MAC, Mountain West, Sun Belt, WCC, WAC, and even play with some lower teams in the Pac-10, Big Least, Big 12, Big 10, and maybe the SEC and ACC. They're not going to beat North Carolina, UCLA, Duke, Texas, and those schools, but I guarentee they won't be the least bit intimidated. Happy Osborne is one **** of a coach, and he consistently puts together one **** of a team!

And I don't know what is with the reference to Louisville winning national championships! I could care less about Loserville! I bleed blue!!! So I don't care if UL goes down to NAIA, or drops the basketball program all together!!!! I won't lose any sleep!
The College One Wrote:kentucky gonna beat them this year!!! Uk has to much talent for the cards!!! Uk is and always will be the best among college basketball. When you think of basketball you think of Kentucky. were the capital of college basketball and no one can take that away from us.

Well if UK has to much talent for the Cards why are they not rated 3rd in the nation. And no they are not the capitol of college basketball...in no way. Yea they had a good run....a decade ago. They were an 11 seed last year and got beat by marquette in the first round. Capitol of college basketball...i don't think so. There have been many teams that have taken that from them to. I don't think the best among college basketball gets a #11 seed in the ncaa tournament. They are usually around the 1's and 2's.
frankie21 Wrote:Well if UK has to much talent for the Cards why are they not rated 3rd in the nation. And no they are not the capitol of college basketball...in no way. Yea they had a good run....a decade ago. They were an 11 seed last year and got beat by marquette in the first round. Capitol of college basketball...i don't think so. There have been many teams that have taken that from them to. I don't think the best among college basketball gets a #11 seed in the ncaa tournament. They are usually around the 1's and 2's.

Well if Louisville are so good and ranked #3 in the nation then how come they can't beat Georgetown, Ky by more than 7 points??? Let the excuses roll!!Big Grin
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:Uhh, the Bear never coached basketball. And it was actually back in 1998 with Rick Petino. And you do not make any since man.

And i am only a Tenn. fan in football and women basketball. Man basketball it is NC.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:What kinda grades did u make in english and grammer? And you winning the county title "5 grade up to 8 grade" has no relevance WHAT SO EVER. Im sorry bro... but atleast get ya facts straight.

Grammer what is that. I never did go to English. But i made A and B.
Money Maker Wrote:Well if Louisville are so good and ranked #3 in the nation then how come they can't beat Georgetown, Ky by more than 7 points??? Let the excuses roll!!Big Grin

Sorry we can't all play bottom feeders of naia and d-2 or 3 teams to make the team look better. That is the thing with UK fans. It is all about the appearance, if the team looks good then everyone is happy. Until the season starts and the fans get ****ed off cause they realize how good the team actually is. They do play UNC in the first couple games of the year i think. We will see how good they really are then, against the best team in the nation, no doubt about it. At the end of the day, any basketball expert would agree in saying Louisville is the better basketball team, no matter the score of an EXHIBITION GAME, that doesn't even matter. Someone please make a thread when the game actually means something. Can't wait for the UK Uof L game thread!!!!!!!!!!!
frankie21 Wrote:Sorry we can't all play bottom feeders of naia and d-2 or 3 teams to make the team look better. That is the thing with UK fans. It is all about the appearance, if the team looks good then everyone is happy. Until the season starts and the fans get ****ed off cause they realize how good the team actually is. They do play UNC in the first couple games of the year i think. We will see how good they really are then, against the best team in the nation, no doubt about it. At the end of the day, any basketball expert would agree in saying Louisville is the better basketball team, no matter the score of an EXHIBITION GAME, that doesn't even matter. Someone please make a thread when the game actually means something. Can't wait for the UK Uof L game thread!!!!!!!!!!!

ok kid yeah you know more than me...how many wins does kentucky have all-together? how many does louisville have? how many NCAA championships does kentucky have? how bout loserville? dont be hating that kentucky is going to thump you all this year hater. dont hate the player hate the game boy.
frankie21 Wrote:Sorry we can't all play bottom feeders of naia and d-2 or 3 teams to make the team look better. That is the thing with UK fans. It is all about the appearance, if the team looks good then everyone is happy. Until the season starts and the fans get ****ed off cause they realize how good the team actually is. They do play UNC in the first couple games of the year i think. We will see how good they really are then, against the best team in the nation, no doubt about it. At the end of the day, any basketball expert would agree in saying Louisville is the better basketball team, no matter the score of an EXHIBITION GAME, that doesn't even matter. Someone please make a thread when the game actually means something. Can't wait for the UK Uof L game thread!!!!!!!!!!!

kentucky woulda crushed georgetown...man i love poeple who jump on that band wagon...you must be related to dicky v or billy packard...

First you start talking about how we play bad teams and then you jump over talking about us playing the #1 team in the land. I thought we only played bottom feeders as you put it. But you are right on one thing, it is all about appearence in LEXINGTON. I mean we have made quite a few appearances in the BIG GAME. And won 5 more than Louisville. :thumpsup:
Money Maker Wrote:First you start talking about how we play bad teams and then you jump over talking about us playing the #1 team in the land. I thought we only played bottom feeders as you put it. But you are right on one thing, it is all about appearence in LEXINGTON. I mean we have made quite a few appearances in the BIG GAME. And won 5 more than Louisville. :thumpsup:

What is Kentucky record in the title game, 7-13 or something like that. Making it there and win, is something that UK is not use to doing. For these who play sports, I would want to watch a close game then a blow out. I will watch one blow out this year. UNC beatting the s@#$ out of UK.
The College One Wrote:ok kid yeah you know more than me...how many wins does kentucky have all-together? how many does louisville have? how many NCAA championships does kentucky have? how bout loserville? dont be hating that kentucky is going to thump you all this year hater. dont hate the player hate the game boy.

Overall wins, ncaa chamiponships, im sorry but eveything you are using is in one place.... THE PAST. The Ville without a doubt has more talent then UK. Clark and Williams will TEAR uk apart. Samules will slow Patterson down and he is the only shot you would even have in the game. Louisville has better guards, depper bench and with the exception of Patterson a better frontcourt. Stevenson, Carter and the other white guy from uk, that did good in the exibition game, all 3 will get pushed around like 3rd graders by uofl down low. As far as the back court goes...... Porter? not HALF the talent of skill of Smith and Sosa. Meeks is a very talented player but not as good as T-Will. I like uk, i cheer for them usually, but not against the Cards. And im sorry, but UK has NO SHOT against the ville this year, we are to good and to talented. Now if 4 or so of the players go pro as i expect from the Ville. Next year would be UKs year, IF Patterson stays or if Orton is just as good and replaces him when he goes pro.
The College One Wrote:kentucky gonna beat them this year!!! Uk has to much talent for the cards!!! Uk is and always will be the best among college basketball. When you think of basketball you think of Kentucky. were the capital of college basketball and no one can take that away from us.

More people would say UCLA, UNC and DUKE before they would say UK.
The College One Wrote:kentucky woulda crushed georgetown...man i love poeple who jump on that band wagon...you must be related to dicky v or billy packard...

he's a packard. :lmao:
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal