Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0-11?
Has there ever ben a team in K.H.S.A.A. history to have an 0-11 record?
With the new playoff format some 0-10 teams will be playoff eligible.
I do not think an 0-10 team has earned the right to compete in the K.H.S.A.A. playoffs. A team should have to earn the right to be there! A trip to the playoffs should never be a given.
The old format took the top 2 teams. Bourbon county in '97 proved without doubt the 4 seed could compete and even win it. Some districts 3 or even 4 seeds are better than other districts 1 or 2 seeds due to the strength of their district. Back in '99 4 seed Garrad co. beat 1 seed Newport. Garrad was in a district with Lex. Cath. and Boyle. But an 0-10 4 seed is not at all legit and they DID NOT earn the right to be there. ALOT BETTER TEAMS WITH 6-4 OR 5-5 RECORDS WILL BE LEFT OUT! While the 0-10 team moves on. This needs to be corrected because a team with 0 wins has not earned the right to go!
There aren't many teams that get left out in this new format any ways.
yea theres been a few go 0-11...Phelps, jenkins, besty lane, beth haven, kentucky country day and teams like that but yea its not right how they can make the pklayoffs over some one who can be 5-5 and a tough schedule
If I were a head coach and finished the season 0-10, I'd be ready to pack it in for the year. No way my team has earned an 11th game, and I wouldn't relish the idea of having to play the #1 seed. The KHSAA and the KHSFBCA needs to work together and fix this.
mandan Wrote:If I were a head coach and finished the season 0-10, I'd be ready to pack it in for the year. No way my team has earned an 11th game, and I wouldn't relish the idea of having to play the #1 seed. The KHSAA and the KHSFBCA needs to work together and fix this.

I agree 100%. In that situation you might as well give the #1 seed a first round bye... You pretty much are anyways. Some teams have the misfortune of being placed in very tough 5 team districts. There will be some decent 5-5 and good 6-4 teams being excluded while some 0-10 teams will be going to the playoffs. What if a 10-0 #1 seed has the misfortune of getting someone injured against an 0-10 team they shouldn't be playing anyways.
I think I'd just play the J.V. and keep the varsity on stand-by for just -in-case.
I personally think this is crazy and pretty ignorant cause its just goin to get kids hurt in my eyes......My sophmore year at JC we went 7-3 and didnt make it to playoffs which was a hard pill to swallow but didnt make it in out district o well came back the next year and went 8-3 so i dont agree with this whole 0-10 teams goin to the playoffs just simply havent earned it!
Like i said from day one. 6 classes is to many for Kentucky. They should have 5. But they done it because these schools that never make the playoffs was crying. So now almost ever school in the state can make it.
Khsaa Is A Joke
who are the teams that are still winless? anyone know?
red_devils_rule Wrote:Khsaa Is A Joke

I agree I agree. KHSAA IS A JOKE!!!!!!!
I think South Floyd and East ridge are still winless.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
sc06cheer Wrote:who are the teams that are still winless? anyone know?

Jenkins, they are in the playoffs. 2A and up i don't know.
Morgan is winless.
Lawrence Co is winless
Lewis Co. is winless
cj2561 Wrote:Jenkins, they are in the playoffs. 2A and up i don't know.

I take that back. Jenkins won there first game tonight.
F.N.L. Wrote:Has there ever ben a team in K.H.S.A.A. history to have an 0-11 record?
With the new playoff format some 0-10 teams will be playoff eligible.
I do not think an 0-10 team has earned the right to compete in the K.H.S.A.A. playoffs. A team should have to earn the right to be there! A trip to the playoffs should never be a given.
West Jessamine, Clinton Co., Fort Knox, Iroquois and Butler all finished 0-11 last season after reaching the first round of the playoffs by default because they are members of "4" team districts.

This season the following teams will make the playoffs again by default because of their district alignment and all are winless with 1 week left in the regular season: Pendleton Co., Lawrence Co., Waggener, Glasgow, Fort Knox, Morgan Co. and Moore.

These teams are winless, but will not reach the playoffs because they are part of "5" team districts: Madison Southern, South Oldham, Bishop Brossart, Lewis Co. and Bracken Co.

Hope this clears up confusion. Phelps or Betsy Layne have never made the playoffs with winless records. Personally, I don't like the 6 class system and since we're stuck with it, why not limit things to the first 3 teams in each district being eligible for the postseason with district winner receiving a first round bye?
I agree that the 3 and 4 teams in the district should not make the playoffs. On the other hand, basketball teams can go 0-25 and make the playoffs.
rojas Wrote:I agree that the 3 and 4 teams in the district should not make the playoffs. On the other hand, basketball teams can go 0-25 and make the playoffs.

Bourbon was the 4 seed in '97 but lost to district opponents Lex. Cath., Boyle and Danville. Garrad was the 4 seed in '99 and beat the undefeated 1 seed Newport. THESE TEAMS WERE NOT 0-10! If you don't earn it you simply do not belong.
This whole playoff format is a joke. 0-10 teams making the playoffs. 4th seeded teams having to take a 4 hour bus ride only to get crushed, and take that 4 hour bus ride back home. It's the feel good generation. Everybody is an allstar these days and everybody makes the playoffs. Someone is asleep at the wheel in the K.H.S.A.A. front offices. I guess Creating horrible mismatches and ruining school budgets with outrageous fuel bills is what it's all about these days.
I agree, a team that finishes with an 0-10 record should not be allowed to advance into the post-season. I have full right to say this because my hometown's team Morgan County has yet to win a game and yet will be playing in the post-season. I would not degrade myself if I had such a record, and would rather not play in the post-season so that I would not humiliate myself, and try to prepare for next season and develop my young players so that the next season would improve. If anything, KHSAA should restructure its playoff system so that this can not happen and would allow those who win, to compete in the playoffs because if you win, you deserve to keep on playing until you are defeated.
u are right on
Follow the money, sorta reminds me of Presidents race.
SF has won!!!
[QUOTE= why not limit things to the first 3 teams in each district being eligible for the postseason with district winner receiving a first round bye?[/QUOTE]

Sign me up!!! This makes a lot more sense and doesn't have to overhaul the current system (which is not great). I had suggested something similar in another thread.
history in da makin1 Wrote:yea theres been a few go 0-11...Phelps, jenkins, besty lane, beth haven, kentucky country day and teams like that but yea its not right how they can make the pklayoffs over some one who can be 5-5 and a tough schedule

JENKINS HAS NEVER WENT O-11
GRIFFIN Wrote:JENKINS HAS NEVER WENT O-11

Your correct.
Has an 0-10 team ever made a run for a state title?