Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best QB in the Big Sandy Confrence in the '08 season?
Lambert #1 Wrote:Our little QB from Letcher County wasn't asked to throw the ball much but Coach Howard sure had a great field General with CALEB BAKER aka (Dewey). This young man really hadn't played QB before. If I'm right he had played a little slot and WR in the past, not sure because he played on the old pre-consolidation West Letcher team last year and since I am an old Whitesburg fan I didn't get to watch him that much. Coach had many players to choose from to try to replace the loss of his QB's from his team last year Caleb Baker/Logan Johnson. Yeah that's right, he has had two back to back QB's named Caleb Baker, I bet that's why he chose him, haha. Anyway, I sure did like this years version of Caleb Baker, he could control a huddle, run the ball, make the throws when he was asked to and showed great leadership qualities and I'm sure he will fit into Coach Hillard Howard's program nicely at some position in the future.

I know this much for sure. Next year will be an interesting year for Coach Terry Howard. He has a QB battle on his hands. Cody Sexton will be the front runner but an injured Sam Robinson will be returning next year to try to beat him out of that spot. I hear that Sexton wants to run tailback so that may not be much of a battle because with a little weight-room work Sexton can be one of the top runners in the conference. The kid that filled in for Sexton during the Big Sandy 7th grade tournament was really impressive at QB, but from what I've heard there is no way Howard is going to move Tyler Hall away from the Fullback position because his whole offense runs off of his fullback. Boy what a nice situation to be in, 3 quarterbacks to choose from and they all are multi-position players. By money is on Robinson (6'1, 185 or so Lefty) at QB, Hall at fullback, Sexton at tailback, WOW how about a triple option threat with any of them throwing the football to each other.

Howard may have to ditch that Old School mentality of ground and pound you to death and air the ball out a little next year with that much QB talent on the team. That is if he has got anybody to catch the ball for them. I know this would thrill the other Coach Howard (Ben) to death to see the ball being thrown at the Junior High Level. I guess we will have to see, Coach is kind of stubborn and loves to run the ball between the tackles, only time will tell.

GO COUGARS!!!!!! BIG SANDY CONFERENCE CHAMPS
I Love Consolidation, One Big Ol' Family Now.......

who is coach looking at next year?
Messages In This Thread
Best QB in the Big Sandy Confrence in the '08 season? - by cougarpride08 - 12-03-2008, 09:20 PM