Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Verity NEKC Championship 7th and 8th grades
Anyone know who won the games between 7th and 8th grades in the NEKC Championship game tonight???
NEKC Championship games

7th Grade

Verity 27
Russell 6

8th Grade

Verity 19
Russell 6

Congratulations to Verity in both games. Four pretty talented football teams there tonight. It was a very well run championship for the NEKC.
Whats Verity like?
barrel Wrote:Whats Verity like?
Good.
Wish we could have pulled two out last night.. BUT it goes to show that Russell and Verity has competed well in the NEKC. Not bad if you ask me.. very proud of the Red Devils teams last night... I wish Verity the best inthe state Championship tourney on Tuesday. Represent the area well and beat LCA Middle school Tuesday and go play and bring back the trophy to North Eastern Kentucky..

I just wish you guys the best and hope that Russell will compete for the Middle School State Championship next year in the 7th grade division and dont be surprised if the 8th grade team next year competes for the same.................
Talented kids and continue to do well.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Unless LCA has changed their minds they are not playing in state. I figured Verity was good I was wondering more along the lines of what type of team they are. Like do tey throw the ball like Whitley or power running game like Owen.
barrel Wrote:Unless LCA has changed their minds they are not playing in state. I figured Verity was good I was wondering more along the lines of what type of team they are. Like do tey throw the ball like Whitley or power running game like Owen.

7th or 8t Grade?
Both...I do not get to see many teams from south of Lexington so I am always interested what MS are doing. I wish I had gotten the chance to see the Whitley QB play. If they make it to State I will get to see them.
http://www.digitalsports.com/organizatio...71837.aspx

Check out the schedule
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
barrel Wrote:Both...I do not get to see many teams from south of Lexington so I am always interested what MS are doing. I wish I had gotten the chance to see the Whitley QB play. If they make it to State I will get to see them.

Verity seventh grade has very good size. They are big. The QB is huge and has a tremendous arm but not much touch. They took a big hit when their best player (RB) broke his arm during saturdays game. He scored the first two TDs on a swing pass and a punt return. They used their size against a small but physical Russell team. I would consider them more of a power team even though they do line up in shotgun alot.

They 8th grade team has good size but is not huge. The run a pretty balance attack. The little wide reciever #1 is a burner. The kid can fly and he catches the ball very well. They are very good on defense with good teams speed.