Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell vs Whitley?
Anyone know who won the Bell Whitley game last night? The score or anything. I heard that whoever won last night made it into the middle school tournie.
Bell won 28-12. They advance to what I would call the semi's. Wayne County will come to Bell on Tuesday 7:00 pm
Bell Co won 28-12. Bell did make it into the play-offs, they play wayne co. tuesday the 28 @ Bell Co.
Congrats to Bell. I was trying to findout information about it but I could not find a website for Bell County Middle School.
Could someone post the brackets.
Bluegrass Middle vs Spencer
Morgan vs Veridy (sp?) LCA made it but did not want to play

Grant vs Bowling Middle (Owen)
Bell vs Wayne
I will be shocked if Bell Co even has a close game in this state tournament!! #2 looks like a senior playing against 6th graders at this level.
#2 has been mentioned a few times on here. Is he a true 8th grader or should he be a freshman? Some schools did not want to play in the event due to holdbacks of other programs and Bell was one of the ones mentioned due to the rumor of 14 holdbacks.
I'm sure the entire backfield for Bell are all holdbacks, however they dont even have 14 total 8th graders from what i'm told. They play a few 7th graders up on the 8th. Now these 7th graders could also be holdbacks. Its perfectly legitimate though. All I can say if your fixing to play them is be sure and bring the rib protecters and good luck stopping #2 and #5 and the Qb #9 is pretty good too.
I have no dog in the fight as the saying goes. I just know some programs will not play other programs due to the holdback issue. The holdback issue seems to be a regional thing. Some parts of the state have no problem with it and even encourage it. Some districts go as far as letting a player play even if she/he was heldback for whatever reason.
What conference did Morgan win and what was their record?
I have no clue about Morgan. I was told that the confrence LCA and Lex Cath play in was one of the confrences to play in the tournie. LCA won and did not want to play and Cath picked to holdout too. Lex Cath is playing in the 7th grade one though. That is how the Ashland school got in.

From what I was told this is the breakdown.
Mid South Athletic Confrence
Mid Kentucky Athletic Confrence
Eastern Kentucky Middle School Confrence
North Central Kentucky Middle School Confrence
One Independent Team
Cumberland Valley Middle School Confrence
Big South Fork Middle School Confrence
Gridiron Middle School

I have no clue who plays in what confrence, records, or anything. I do not know how these confrence were picked. Everything I know is 2nd hand information.
Who now wins between Bell and Wayne? I've heard about how big and strong both of them are from numerous people. Is this the actual championship?