• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region
Powell (bye)

Pcc
Jenkins

Hazard
Owsley

Letcher (bye)

I predict Pcc to beat Jenkins as well as Hazard to beat Owsley. Powell then defeats Pcc and moves into the championship game as Letcher beats Hazard and also moves into the championship game. I think Powell beats Letcher and becomes the 14th region champs. Whats everyone else's predictions?
Powell Co will make to the championship game, but LCC will win there 4th regional title. Too much talent on that team. Go Cougars!!
LCC vs Powell Co. Experience wins in a close match.
The only thing I wish that they would do is consolidate the volleyball middle school into one team. I feel like we need to be getting these girls playing other teams other than themselves. We have three volleyball teams, and that too me in a world were they are going to be playing on the same side is a waste.
Powell has a great Vball team an will win the region... They have a good all around team with Clem, Shelton, Smith, Tharp, Ashley, Tyra, Howard thats just the seniors which are going to be missed alot after this year but they are gonna go out with a bang!!
Powell has made it extremely far this year! If 24 22 32 11 and 15 play their A game, they will run away with the win!!!
It sounds as if this will definately be a good game. What are the records for both teams? And has either team played any "challenging" teams?
thundercatsrgo Wrote:It sounds as if this will definately be a good game. What are the records for both teams? And has either team played any "challenging" teams?

Powell 24-6--Losses are Morgan Co, Harrison Co( 2 times), Montgomery, Owsley and Nelson.

LCC 27-3--Losses are Belfry, Russell, and Allen Central.

Looks to me both of these teams match up really well.
Never made it to that matchup. Lcc wins over PCC in 2.
Congrats Letcher
good luck at state cougars. Let's learn from this experience and set goals to get past the first round every year. I still think we can have one middle school team. That will make our program even better than what it is in 5 years.
Disagree, more players with better coaching will make us better.
HAHA how could anyone doubt the cougars volleyball team????? I just saw this thread and i know it may be a little late but seriously!?!? LCC getting beat by powell, or PCC or anyone in the 14th is a joke! LCC always dominates volleyball.......Come on now, really???
I believe that in order to "Dominate" you should make it past the first round of state...Letcher is a very good team and had the upper hand in the 14th..but some of the other teams in their region are far from "a Joke".
thundercatsrgo Wrote:I believe that in order to "Dominate" you should make it past the first round of state...Letcher is a very good team and had the upper hand in the 14th..but some of the other teams in their region are far from "a Joke".

Title of this thread is "14th Region". Letcher County has dominated the 14th, winning 8 consecutive regional titles. Name another sports team in the 14th, since 2001, that has even come close to this feat?

2001 and 2002- Letcher High School
2003 and 2004- Whitesburg High School
2005-2008- Letcher Central High School
Ah the sweet silence of defeat............Letcher Co. = 14th region volleyball!

And if you thank anybody besides letcher has a better chance of advancing in state then your sadly mistaken.........I've been to 4 state tournys and its unreal!
thundercatsrgo Wrote:I believe that in order to "Dominate" you should make it past the first round of state...Letcher is a very good team and had the upper hand in the 14th..but some of the other teams in their region are far from "a Joke".

I think you forgot that in the second year of LCC they got past the first round and lost to Layfette in the second round. Actually they score 14 points against them in the second set.
its kcc's year........some big time setters coming in from beaver
I hope your joking bigboi KCC doesn't have a chance, LCC's dominance in Vball is stupid. No one has a shot beating them in the 14th this year.
LCC won!
Haha, this thread is about last season.
These girls don't stop after there last game at state. They will be work really hard in the off season, and especially the summer that gym lights be seldom be off.
Does Estill have a team?
knott co will be better
The Private Wrote:knott co will be better

no. no thy wont, i wish thy would but thy wont
The minuet that softball ends guess where the girls are?
Lcc Will Be The Best!!!!
There is no comparison.
And the incoming freshman class at LCC is incredible. The feeder programs will be providing some quality talent for years to come.

The road to the girls state tournament in volleyball goes through Letcher County. You all know that.
Well I still think we need to have one middle school volleyball team in Letcher Co. Does it really matter if we have four or five? We should have one team, and all the coaches working together to help these kids. 5/6 teams, 6/7 teams, 7/8 teams, and if we have enough, a 8th grade team. We also need to play teams out side of Letcher Co. I think we can get better every year if we did it.