Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Thank you's", Atta Boy/Gal's, WTG's ONLY!
I'd like to begin a thread for both the Boys and Girls Soccer folks/fans to be able to post appropriate "Thank you's", "Atta Boy's / Girl's", and/or "Way to go's" in regards to this season!!

First off, THANK YOU TO BGR for giving us this special forum! Being "lumped" with anything, is just never attractive!:p Wink

Good Luck to all teams advancing & congratulations to all those teams, who have closed out their season @ the 16th Region Tournament. You don't "luck into getting there".

I won't go into the overwhelming sense of pride I am feeling for our Paintsville team. After having had to be "put off" for a team their entire time in high school, our Seniors finally got their chance to shine.
I know they are however, disappointed in the outcome of last night's game, BUT... we accomplished alot in just one very short season. I am humbled by their efforts, hard work, and ability to remain focused on their goals... (given it's not very easy to do what they've managed to do in the first place, while having to do so, when many folks question why anyone would want to play soccer in the first place & some even go so far as to voice those thoughts to you...LOL)
Well Guys... you did it. You got your team, you learned alot, you had an amazing season(11-4-1), you won the Apple Cup, you placed 2nd in the district and advanced to regionals, you played your hearts out and left it all on the field... Not too shabby for a "first year team"! I love you guys... YOU made all this happen!

{I would also like to "Thank" Chuck McClure, our 1st year Principal, John Brown, our 1st year AD, and Coy Samons for supporting our team and attending games as often as their Fall schedule would allow, considering we had about (8) varsity sports and several middle school sports all going on @ the same time!}

I also would like to add that this season has been the VERY BEST! We have enjoyed both girls and boys soccer programs and have been overwhelmed by the Love and Support from everyone! Everything I said about the boys groups goes for the ladies as well... Good Luck to those advancing to the next round and Congratulations to all who have closed their seasons! We'll be right back out there to support next season, even though ours will have graduated this Spring, because that's just what Tigers do! I love you girls and I want to Thank you for such a wonderful season and all the support you and your families have extended to our boys team! GO BIG BLUE!!!

Now, the rest of you all can get on here and share your hearts!
I would like to issue a congratulations to all the first year teams in the 16th regions. This is a big step to making the most popular sport in the world more popular in this area.

Also a big congratulations to the Paintsville Tigers. I watched the first half to their region tournament game. They are going to be an exciting team in this region to watch. Very impressive student-athletes with an obvious love for the game. Also very impressive making it to the region tournament in their first year as a team.

:Clap:
never forget that we are in this together, good luck next season and remember to respect others.
All of us Tiger sports parents are proud of the tiger soccer teams. You have had a wonderful season and I am sure this is just the beginning of many exciting, winning seasons in the future. Way to go TIGERS!
WTG to all Region 16 teams. Especially the 33rd district *wink, wink*

I was wondering though. (I asked earlier in another post but)

has anyone heard anything on the PC Girls Goalkeeper? She was taken away in an ambulance during the PC vs. Paintsville game. Anyone?
The keeper Regan "The Wall" was treated at the local hospital and then transferred to a trauma unit in Huntington. She did have a concussion but has since been released. Appears she is dooing fine, but it was scary during those few minutes on the field. I guess it takes more than that to take out a soccer player.
Well, Bless her heart! So glad to hear she's going to be okay!!!
Great Job Lcchs Girls, Amazing!
Soccer FANatic Wrote:The keeper Regan "The Wall" was treated at the local hospital and then transferred to a trauma unit in Huntington. She did have a concussion but has since been released. Appears she is dooing fine, but it was scary during those few minutes on the field. I guess it takes more than that to take out a soccer player.

Glad she's okay. Those soccer girls are tough Big Grin